2012!

• Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

#16 spiritdoc

spiritdoc

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Interests:Learning about and discussing all things universal and spiritual, the realms of the human condition and psyche, watching "para"normal shows like Most Haunted, a good English pub and a pint, fine international wines, languages and communication, travel, old cities with character and history... and, basically, just helping the world move into a better space while I'm here... oh, and of course... dogs and dolphins!

Posted 18 February 2008 - 09:19 PM

Sorry, Romie... I meant "dude" in a general sense... California's rubbing off on me!
SpiritDoc

#17 Romie

Romie

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Anything Paranormal.

Posted 18 February 2008 - 11:06 PM

Oh How Funny! no need to apologize. I understand :hug:

#18 Puti

Puti

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Interests:Interested in life in all it's forms

Posted 19 February 2008 - 12:51 AM

Leslie, and SpiritDoc, I fully agree with what you've said.
Personally I feel it will not ALL happen in one day. It's been happening for a while now and people have begun to 'wake up" to who they really are and why they're here.
I have been so excited to be living on this earth at this time and see all the happening and be a part of this change in consciousness in knowing I have a job to do.
"We grow neither better or worse as we get old, but more like ourselves."May L. BeckerCoffee.......the foundation of consciousness

#19 Harmony1215

Harmony1215

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Interests:Music (all kinds except country), Witchcraft (mainly celtic but interested in everything). I love learning about all different types of religions.
    I sing the national anthem a few times a year.

Posted 19 February 2008 - 10:31 AM

i agree with what's been said here. but i also have a feeilng that something will happen with our eath which will be a major change for all humans. It may be the polar ice caps but it could be something else. In our recent circles that my coven has had our patron god came through one of our members (who is an amazing channelor) and said that we need to send out as much healing energy to the earth now for nature, humankind, and for the environment.

#20 Nomad

Nomad

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:Music, reading, studying about different cultures, raising my children, loving my wife.

Posted 19 February 2008 - 10:47 AM

I lived in Guatemala for a time and I had the opportunity to be in Tikal for one of the 'high days' of the Mayan year. I asked one of the Mayan leaders about the 'end of days'. They told me that it was not doomsday or anything like that, but it was a new era. According to the Mayan belief, the last age was the age of man and the new age would be an age of woman. A time where womem would take a more prominent role in their culture and who knows the world.

#21 AnnieV

AnnieV

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 11:13 AM

I lived in Guatemala for a time and I had the opportunity to be in Tikal for one of the 'high days' of the Mayan year. I asked one of the Mayan leaders about the 'end of days'. They told me that it was not doomsday or anything like that, but it was a new era. According to the Mayan belief, the last age was the age of man and the new age would be an age of woman. A time where womem would take a more prominent role in their culture and who knows the world.

I'm all in for this idea! :whee:
Posted Image

#22 Harmony1215

Harmony1215

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Interests:Music (all kinds except country), Witchcraft (mainly celtic but interested in everything). I love learning about all different types of religions.

Posted 19 February 2008 - 11:14 AM

yea me too. well then i wonder if we will have a woman president.

#23 Romie

Romie

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Anything Paranormal.

Posted 19 February 2008 - 12:02 PM

hmmm..... Now thats interesting!
I just wish we had more women to choose from. :whee:

#24 Harmony1215

Harmony1215

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 12:06 PM

yeah me too, not a big fan of any of the political candidates right now. but back to the subuject at hand. woman will finally be on top hehe ;-)

#25 leonie

leonie

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Interests:"We keep on going because of hope. The hope that one day for one moment we'll feel the total unwavering bliss of a second of happiness."

Posted 19 February 2008 - 01:27 PM

Oviously you have your silly scaremongering God is gonna kill us all approach. I watched a program the other night, the people on there said that God will comedown from the sky, pull a sword from his mouth and masacer all non believers. Just a few days before all his followers will dissapear into thin air to join god in the sky..

LOL...leonie! You have such a way of making everything sound even sillier than it is! Just to clarify for you on this matter...it is Jesus who is supposed to come down from heaven, the "sword from his mouth" is a metaphor for the Word of God, the death of non-believers will take place at the battle of Armaggedon, and Christians will be "raptured" long before this--well, actually there are many different theological viewpoints on this...some say it will happen 7 years prior (pre-tribulation rapture), some 3 1/2 years prior (mid-tribulation rapture) and some just before Armaggedon (post tribulation rapture). (Not that I agree with this...I just like to study religion, so I know my way around the different doctrines.)

the programme I watched.. Im not a believer or anything so I dont know anything about what your saying but i quote from the programme they said gods gonna come down, sword... mouth... masacre... one guy even said I imagine that gods going to pull a lightsaber out of his mouth... these are the people to be worried over...

"Your just a beautiful freak, I wish there were more like you." - EelsPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#26 AnnieV

AnnieV

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 01:30 PM

the programme I watched.. Im not a believer or anything so I dont know anything about what your saying but i quote from the programme they said gods gonna come down, sword... mouth... masacre... one guy even said I imagine that gods going to pull a lightsaber out of his mouth... these are the people to be worried over...

Hooo boy! And I thought I was crazy! :whee:
Posted Image

#27 leonie

leonie

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Interests:"We keep on going because of hope. The hope that one day for one moment we'll feel the total unwavering bliss of a second of happiness."

Posted 19 February 2008 - 01:34 PM

Spirtdoc, I'm a dudette!
and that was a Very different view on 2012.
and I will take that to my Shaman.Once he's back in town.
This is a good conversation. thanks everybody!
Well this Grandmother must chat with you all later.
Thanks again.Have a good one!
Well, Rats!
I forgot to add.that yes, noone knows the day and time Of Christ return.but 2012 is a seperate issue.
Ok now I have to run.

The thing is they way i think about it... Jesus, Christ, God, Muhhamed, Buddah.. whoever people think created this world, isnt really gonna come back if you think about it, they have gone on their merry way, thought Earth is getting boring, we'll leave them to survive on their own kinda thing, if there is a god, theyve forgotten about us by now.

Back on the subject, I mean how many doomsday/ mayjor change dates have their been? in the past, I remember as a kid being told all the time that the world was going to implode in such and such a year and silly things like that... I mean whats the point in worrying... just live your lifes, all life ends at some point, to make room and provide for another life.

"Your just a beautiful freak, I wish there were more like you." - EelsPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#28 juliet_keller

juliet_keller

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts
  • Interests:Nursing, Softball, Kids, and My Man

Posted 19 February 2008 - 02:51 PM

Okay, maybe this is the corniest prophecy yet of 2012 that I remember from many years ago....it was actually on the Discovery channel. They predicted that the year 2012 is the day when electronics and electrical circuits, wires, and appliances will turn on mankind. I remember this show so clearly because I was laughing so daggone hard about the depiction of a man being attacked by his iron. (Not sure if I was laughing because he was being attacked, or the effort that a man was actually doing his own ironing...lol!) Kinda like the movie the Terminator. It had something to do with the electromagnetic, tehtonic plate factors, and gravitational pull that will effect our electric system. Lord, knows my computer has already turned on me enough times...LOL...Julie
You know our love was meant to be, the kind of love that lasts foreverAnd I want you here with, from tonight until the end of time,You're the meaning in my life, You're the inspiration,You bring feeling to my life, You're the inspiration,No one needs you more than I need you...You're the Inspiration~ChicagoI Love You, Baby!Julie and Dave are "The Spirit Stalkers of Ohio"www.thespiritstalkersofohio.webs.comCome see what we are all about, our galleries of evidence, and we would love for you to sign our guest book!

#29 spiritdoc

spiritdoc

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Interests:Learning about and discussing all things universal and spiritual, the realms of the human condition and psyche, watching "para"normal shows like Most Haunted, a good English pub and a pint, fine international wines, languages and communication, travel, old cities with character and history... and, basically, just helping the world move into a better space while I'm here... oh, and of course... dogs and dolphins!

Posted 19 February 2008 - 02:55 PM

In terms of the "womanly" aspect to the new era... it's not just as literal as more women being around and taking positions of leadership, which already is true in many respects and should continue to be also, but it refers mainly to the energetic shifting of energies... masculine to a more feminine energy will yield once again a "matriarchal" society rather than a patriarchal which is what we've been in for quite a looong time.

The aspects that go along with feminine energy (yin) are more giving, nurturing, accepting... giving birth to new forms of thinking and approaching political and social problems from a more sensitive and proactive point of 'attack'. You'll see all types of therapies and natural approaches to body, mind... and so much more.

And, yes, I know there will be catastrophe around different parts of the world; some right here in the US as we've already begun to see. Many souls will depart and much of the energy will shift and be released from Earth physically. No doubt. The Earth has been doing that planetary dance for all of its life, naturally. But it all is a part of the everlasting constant of change. The Poles, the storms, whatever... Do your best to help in your own way and stay positive and flowing, fluid with the upswing to advancement and diligent about your own personal growth and things should be fine during the whole thing.

Remember it is about learning to create your own reality. Thoughts and where we put our focus does that for us... it's gonna get much better in many ways.

But what the hek do I know.. I'm just a WOMAN!! ;)

Edited by spiritdoc, 19 February 2008 - 02:59 PM.

SpiritDoc

#30 AnnieV

AnnieV

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 04:29 PM

Okay, maybe this is the corniest prophecy yet of 2012 that I remember from many years ago....it was actually on the Discovery channel. They predicted that the year 2012 is the day when electronics and electrical circuits, wires, and appliances will turn on mankind. I remember this show so clearly because I was laughing so daggone hard about the depiction of a man being attacked by his iron. (Not sure if I was laughing because he was being attacked, or the effort that a man was actually doing his own ironing...lol!) Kinda like the movie the Terminator. It had something to do with the electromagnetic, tehtonic plate factors, and gravitational pull that will effect our electric system. Lord, knows my computer has already turned on me enough times...LOL...Julie

Oh my gosh...I actually remember this! Although it's just a vague recollection, I know I watched this at some point many years ago. Didn't the show also talk about animals and even the Earth itself turning on us for all the horrible things we have done to our planet? As a sort of Karma-like revenge? And if I remember correctly, this has something to do with Mayan prophecy as well.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)