haunted cuckoo clock

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Nightangel

Nightangel

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:Witchcraft, reading, writing, parapsychology, astrology, astronomy, art... um... I think that's it. If i can think of any more, I'll add it on later.

Posted 04 November 2004 - 01:58 AM

Hi, it's me again. This is actually a story my grandmothe told me, and I just wanted to get your opinions on it.
When my grandmothers father died, he left an old cuckoo clock to my grandmother. The clock was old, and broken. In fact, it was basically just hollowed out and hung on the wall for decoration. But twice a year... on the date of great grandpa's birth, and on the date of his death, the clock would cuckoo all on its own. My grandma took it off the wall, and put it in a box in the back of her closet, and it would STILL cuckoo. It freaked her out and she quickly sold it in a garage sale just to be rid of it. Me and my mother suspect somethng more was going on than what my grandma told us.
Anyway, there ya go!
Please tell me what you think!!!!!

#2 Ginevra Weasley

Ginevra Weasley

Villager

• Deleted
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Interests:Um, Harry Potter if you couldn't guess. And a good ghost story on the side! lol

Posted 04 November 2004 - 03:11 AM

That is actually a pretty cool story! I would have kept the clock around. . . maybe not, I'm kind of a chicken when it comes to ghosts. . . after my own experiance has really scared me for life. But I think that that one is pretty tame. . . I would be more afraid of pissing the spirit off by selling it. . . :D
Aura: Crimson . . . the hot sexy beasts of GV!THE BANANA SAY'S, "Don't peel me, I want to live!"Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 Nightangel

Nightangel

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:Witchcraft, reading, writing, parapsychology, astrology, astronomy, art... um... I think that's it. If i can think of any more, I'll add it on later.

Posted 04 November 2004 - 03:28 AM

My mom was upset when she found out my grandma had gotten rid of it. My mom wanted the clock, despite its weirdness. I wish I could have witnessed it myself, actually... That's one ghostly experience I wouldn't mind having. Though, like I said before, we suspect something more was going on with the clock. Just it cuckooing twice a year, to my mind anyway, doesn't seem freaky enough to want to get rid of it. We think there's something grandma isn't telling us. If there is, I hope to find out what it is one day! :D

#4 Ginevra Weasley

Ginevra Weasley

Villager

• Deleted
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Interests:Um, Harry Potter if you couldn't guess. And a good ghost story on the side! lol

Posted 04 November 2004 - 03:42 AM

Maybe she will. :D

This reminds me of a story my great-grandma told my mom when she was younger. When my great great grandmother passed away her husband was very distraught over it, and the whole family was in the bedroom and he was crying and hysterical . . . he had said that he felt her spirit in the room and he asked for her to, in more or less words, to show herself. Well, back in those days they had these bar beds, and the bed in the room started to play this beautiful music across the bars, like someone was tapping them. My great great grandmother told this and my Mom believed her since she doesn't lie about stuff like that. . . She said that it never happened again. It was just a way of her mother to say good-bye to the family. I've always like that story!
Aura: Crimson . . . the hot sexy beasts of GV!THE BANANA SAY'S, "Don't peel me, I want to live!"Posted ImagePosted Image

#5 Nightangel

Nightangel

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 04 November 2004 - 03:49 AM

AAWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is such a SWEET story!!!!!!!! I swear, when I read that, my heart just turned to mush!!!!!! Strange thing is, your story just reminded me of something that happened when my grandpa died... me and my sister... our watches both stopped at the same time when we were at my grandma's house comforting her. We couldn't figure out why they stopped, but an hour later, they started working again!!! I still think my grandpa had something to do with it. :blink:

#6 Ginevra Weasley

Ginevra Weasley

Villager

• Deleted
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 04 November 2004 - 05:03 AM

That's a sweet story too! Did your grandpa like watches and time? HIs spirit sure does! :D

#7 Nightangel

Nightangel

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 04 November 2004 - 06:57 AM

The thing I find weird about our watches stopping is that my grandpa died of a ruptured aortic amorism a little after four in the morning. Me and my sister's watches stopped at 4:07 in the afternoon... exactly twelve hours after my grandpa died. And my brother SWEARS that he saw grandpa walking down the streets of edmonton about three months after he died... a little after four in the afternoon. Weird, huh? :blink:

#8 Lilacgirl

Lilacgirl

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Interests:Lots and lots...here are some of my favs.....<br>Singing (music in general) and dance, gardening, travel,<br>reading, learning and exploring the known and unknown

Posted 04 November 2004 - 08:17 AM

WOW, great stories!!!!!!!
Nightangel, I'm not sure why time and clocks seem to play a role in
some hauntings, bit it does. A friend of mine said that the time 11:11
has played a part in his life for years. It was the time of his grandmother's
passing I believe. Ever since then, he said he would either wake up or
just happen to glance over at a clock randomly and he'd see 11:11.
Sometimes his phone would ring, and twice when he and his wife received
family news (of a happy kind thank goodnes) Oh yes at 11:11! :P

#9 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,598 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 04 November 2004 - 09:37 AM

spooky story. maybe that was a way of him telling her not to forget him.
Check out my artwork at: http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users