Slender Problem

slender man the operator

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 roku

roku

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:All things paranormal, art, writing, aviation, and travel.

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:44 AM

Don't bother replying to this if you are going to say he is fake or that this is a bad idea.
I've been researching the Slender Man for a while now. I won't say how long, but it started before the internet games, jokes, memes, and whatnot. I've been very interested and some of the jokes people make bother me. I honestly believe in him. I truly think that he exists, and that there are more like him.

That being said I am still unsure of what to believe regarding how safe or dangerous this being is. The stories rage from making him sounds terribly evil and blood thirsty, to someone who is more of a guardian. This may support the theory that there might be more than one of his kind. Perhaps there is an evil one and a not so evil one. Maybe there are many that range from good to evil, even neutral.

Like I said, I'm not here to listen to people tell me he's just an internet story. I'm here because I want to know if someone else believes and what someone else might know. My main goal is to find him, to see him for myself. If there is someone who believes/knows, maybe there is someone who knows if there is any way of calling him out. That is what I want.
Kat Roku

#2 Frater Arion

Frater Arion

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:Occultism, Chemistry, Physics, Music, Rock Climbing,

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:32 PM

There are plenty who believe in him, but he is a made up story, I was a member of the SA forums back in 2009 when the thread came up that he was created in, and the man who posted the first images will tell you that he made it all up.

Regardless, for some reason, recently everyone on the internet seems set on reviving this meme, and so many people seem to believe in him, I'm sure there is some kind of egregore in his image floating around somewhere. Do some research on egregores, learn how to work with them, try calling his. That's really all the advice I can give.
Asperges me, AGLA, hyssopo, et mundabor; lavabis me, et super nivem dealbabor.
Accendat in nobis Eheieh ignem sui amoris et flammam aeternae caritatis.

My blog

#3 JohnIon

JohnIon

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:29 PM

Slenderman IS a game, and yes, the modern legend IS just a legend. However there are entities throughout history that do exist in an eerily similar manner, and they have been around much longer. There is no doubt some truth behind the claims and jokes, and so like Frater says, do some research and get back to all of us who are interested. It would be nice to know exactly where the new version of him came from. I may perhaps look into it myself, when I'm not too busy doing things that don't have any productive value whatsoever. I procrastinate. I'm a professional at it. I'll explain some other time.

#4 TheresaRHPS

TheresaRHPS

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:42 PM

Whether you want to believe it or not, Slender Man WAS "born" from a photo contest on a internet forum.

However, it is true that after these photos started circulating as "true," people came forward and said they have seen him themselves. I think there are several explanations for this, which I'll list below, but refrain from going into great detail over, lol.

1. Simple power of suggestion. If there are a number of people saying something is real, then your mind might start to blur the line between reality and fantasy, and false memories will pop up involving this archetype as a way to make sense of something that by its very definition, shouldn't make sense. A lot of people report seeing this thing in their younger days, so its impossible to rule out distortion of memory over time.

2. Its possible that this imagery IS an archetype, stored in our collective conscious. Symbolism can abound.

3. These things do have a basis in reality, and were originally created based on one person's true account. There has been talk over the years about Slenderman being somewhat similar in form and back story to a class of shadow men...the ones that are taller than an average man, wear a hat, and give off a sense of evil or foreboding.

4. Slenderman is actually a thought-form or tulpa. Perhaps so many people creating his image and believing in his existence has actually caused him to "come to life" so to speak in an alternate realm. Definitely an idea worth researching to anyone who is deeply involved in exploring the Slenderman mythos.
Huntington Paranormal Investigations and ResearchCheck out my website

#5 TheresaRHPS

TheresaRHPS

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 04:48 PM

I ran across a book the other day that you might be interested in...its by Robin Swope, otherwise known as the Paranormal Pastor. It's called Slenderman: From Fiction to Fact, and discusses at length the various theories that have already been discussed. You can buy it through Amazon at the link provided below:

http://www.amazon.co...=I1TM7GZNQXCA5J

Edited by TheresaRHPS, 21 October 2012 - 04:49 PM.

Huntington Paranormal Investigations and ResearchCheck out my website

#6 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Interests:spirituality, art, design, reading, photography, my family (of course), nature, biology, genetics... I could go on, but I think I will stop here.

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:49 PM

I've never heard of Slenderman until now....
From Amazon: Slenderman: from fiction to fact

"Has a fictional internet character come to life? Slenderman was created on June 10th 2009. During a contest on the "Something Awful" forum in which people were asked to create a fictional paranormal character to fool investigators. A submission by "Victor Surge" took the forum and soon the Internet by storm. His creation "Slenderman" is a paranormal entity that lurks in the shadows, stalking people from their childhood. Once encountered, it is an unrelenting and unstoppable force of evil that does not rest until you are dead. This shadow entity is dressed in a black suit and is inhumanly tall with oddly long limbs. These limbs eerily extend out and multiply to trap you in its terrifying death embrace. But the oddest thing about this fictional internet character? People are actually having encounters with a real life Slenderman entity. In this new book by Robin Swope you will discover the origin and growth of the Slenderman myth, its historical archetypal imagery and the chilling clues that point to this modern myth is in fact an actual demonic force that has been hunting humans for hundreds of years. Join Rev. Robin Swope, a seminary trained exorcist and minister as he explores the strange story of the malicious child killing entity known as Slenderman."
Don't take life too seriously, no one ever gets out alive.

#7 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:23 PM

In my shadow person experiences (the first being in 1983) the shadow wore a fedora and cowboy boots. The shadow was thin and tall.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#8 carlotta

carlotta

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts
  • Interests:Tarot, gardening, hiking, Victorian literature, cats, European travel

Posted 20 August 2014 - 05:38 AM

This is an old topic, but I still find the theory of the slender man interesting.

There have been legends of giant people, and even bones have been discovered.

http://ufosightingsh...or-reality.html

(I've seen other articles too, I'm including just one for example)

I wonder if some genetic, environmental or disease catastrophe, or more than one of these things, could have caused giants to die out. You can still see extremely tall people in the various races of the world, and often they can be very skinny.

When they originated, there may have been geophysical conditions that allowed them to prosper. When these conditions started to go away, they could have sickened and mostly died off, while smaller races of people could do just fine.

Here's an interesting link about giants:

http://www.ancient-w...o.uk/giants.htm

What do you think?

Edited by carlotta, 20 August 2014 - 07:10 AM.

Who owns the land? Only the land knows. We mortals are passersby, and our lives are but a brief moment in the great span of time and space. We are born, we live out our lives, and most of us do the best we can with it, but the wind is forever, and the rivers flow forever to the sea, and all the seasons of the weathers will come and go after we are gone. But the Earth endures, the Earth is eternal" - Earl Hamner

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: slender man, the operator

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users