• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#46 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 04:20 PM

I stumbled upon this wedding dress color trivia in a local magazine I picked up:

Married in White, you have chosen right,
Married in Blue, your love will always be true,
Married in Pearl, you will live in a whirl,
Married in Brown, you will live in town,
Married in Red, you will wish yourself dead,
Married in Yellow, ashamed of your fellow,
Married in Green, ashamed to be seen,
Married in Pink, your spirits will sink,
Married in Grey, you will go far away,
Married in Black, you will wish yourself back.

In ancient times, blue used to symbolize purity and fidelity, according to this article. It also says most brides wore blue until 1828 when the future daughter-in-law of John Quincy Adams wore white. Also early Christians wore blue, because that was the color the Virgin Mary most wore in paintings, etc.

How's that Trivia Ferret!

(I was married in pink, boo hoo, well, it was more like champagne....Married in champagne, your love for him is insane!....in a good way, that is :weeee: )

:) :lol: :weeee: :weeee: :weeee: :weeee:
If it looks like an orb, floats like an orb, it must be an orb!If you're reading this, you're too close!________________________________________________Posted Image

#47 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 23 February 2005 - 07:39 PM

The TriviaFerret was trumped! :o

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#48 lulaboo

lulaboo

Beware of her lil' redneck girl rage

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,298 posts
  • Interests:too many to list

Posted 23 February 2005 - 11:19 PM

I really dont like where the "Married in black" falls on the list...Especially when it starts out nice but goes downhill from Red.
Guess who wore black to her own wedding... <_<
Is it Peeps season yet?Gallon of citronella oil--$5.95Having said oil blessed by local Catholic priest--FreeThe look on a psychic vampires face after you douse it with blessed oil and call it a psychic mosquito--Priceless!!!There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#49 Daewen

Daewen

Thinks Smilies Taste Like Chicken

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts
  • Interests:singing, travel, music ( death metal, jrock, visual kei, punk, goth, deathcore ), Wicca, fashion, nature, cooking, goth, Japan, cats, glbt rights, baking, anne rice vampires, tolkien elves, ghosts...

Posted 27 February 2005 - 05:38 PM

I wanna wear black to my wedding...or perhaps I'll just be weird and wear a tuxedo...
http://myworld.ebay....riakuroneko0489 Buy my clothes! Take a look.

http://www.dresm.com/ariakuroneko0489 Take a look at my other cheaper clothes too!

http://soundcloud.com/astrid-essex Trying this out as well. Some of my music on soundcloud.

#50 angelinayorke

angelinayorke

Addicted to White Castle Cheeseburgers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts
  • Interests:THE RED SOX,religion, Reading, music, the paranormal (ESPECIALLY when it involves Mental hospitals/asylums), history, law/crimes/serial killers/what makes em' tick ,the Steelers, hiking

Posted 28 February 2005 - 01:39 AM

I don't know.. I think perhaps I would wear blue and cream.....I gotta get engaged, first though....(It'll happen...we've only been together around seven months, but have talked about it.....I've known he was the one since the beginning...now it is just the waiting game, LOL). Would cream count as white? If so, I would have chosen right AND my love will always be true
Boston, you know we love you madly,Hear the crowd roar to your sound,Don't blame us if we ever doubt you,You know we couldn't live without you, Tessie, you are the only only only (RED SOX YOU ARE THE ONLY ONES)~Dropkick Murphys

#51 Noelle1966

Noelle1966

Uses WD-40 for evil purposes

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts
  • Interests:Animals, ice skating, pets, animal issues, historical societies, travelling, and of course - ghost hunting.

Posted 01 March 2005 - 09:52 AM

As for white cats, my aunt and uncle adopted a stray...he is the sweetest thing although he looks like a gremlin. He had a tough life. He is missing an eye and has extra toes. But he has a nice home now..and everyone is happy ! Can't judge a book by its cover.

That's so nice that your aunt and uncle adopted a little bundle of love B) There is a saying that the extra toes on a cat are lucky.
The reason that a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail and not his tongue.Do unto others, then run.Life's messy. Clean it up.

#52 autumnbelle

autumnbelle

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts
  • Interests:Am curious about almost anything . . .

Posted 30 September 2011 - 02:35 PM

Was rereading this old topic (6 1/2 years ago!), and thought it was interesting. It's especially interesting to see how many superstitions make their way into every day life and we don't even think about them!

Eat, drink and be scary. ~Author Unknown

#53 no1plumbrr

no1plumbrr

Would let the taxpayers foot the bill to go to a GV convention

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,079 posts
  • Interests:DENISE
    ghosts, aliens, and anything crazy.

FEARS: clowns and now BEP, thanks guys you rock ! ;)

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:12 PM

I like this one two ..... digging it back out of Jeff's closet lol..

In ancient Jewish traditions one would wear a red string as a braclet, to ward off evil.

I will do more research to get the full story.
In love with an awesome woman
SHALOM my friends !

#54 White Witch

White Witch

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts
  • Interests:Spirits, Photography, Paranormal Programs, Old Homes and Cottage Life

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:54 PM

Sounds interesting. In Italy a horn keeps evil away.
Right this way to my haunted space.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users