• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 Mykiedave

Mykiedave

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 29 August 2003 - 11:00 AM

What is your FAVORITE memory form GRADE school or younger? You know, when we still believed in alot of stuff.
Growing old is mandatory... growing UP is optional.I didn't say it was YOUR fault, I SAID I was going to BLAME you.The nice thing about being Senile is, I can hide my own Easter Eggs.Posted Image

#2 Wiccad1

Wiccad1

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 29 August 2003 - 12:30 PM

I believed things would get better! HA

#3 psychicdreamer

psychicdreamer

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 29 August 2003 - 12:42 PM

I believed that I would never get out of middle school or high school alive, lol.  I hated middle school with the fire of a thousand suns, but I guess once I got to high school things didn't seem as bad.
Confucious say: Man who walk sideways in airport turnstile is going to Bangkok.Men are like parking spaces; all the good ones are taken and the rest are handicapped.

#4 Wiccad1

Wiccad1

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 29 August 2003 - 12:47 PM

ha! things were never as bad as they seemed to me... they always were worse! now I look back on those times and wish I had enjoyed them.... what I would give for what I think now as "no responsibility"... <sigh> but when I was really young, like 6-7... recurrent dreams so I'd believe that unicorns did exisit, but they were waiting @ heavens gate and traveled from cloud to cloud (they had wings) They were gold, silver and glass... and everything was ok...

I also believed that I wanted to grow up... seems I just wanted the age, not the responsibilities that came with it ;)

#5 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 29 August 2003 - 05:08 PM

I would never want to relive any of my childhood, even the good parts, they don't out weigh the rest....
Posted Image

Myspace

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#6 maharet

maharet

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 29 August 2003 - 08:38 PM

Um, well, lemme think about that one a minute.

Building forts in the woods. That was a lot of fun. Playing in the creeks, that was a lot of fun too.

I always hoped I would be taller when I got older. Apparently, if I was a few years younger, I'd almost qualify for growth hormone shots now.

What is this world coming to?

#7 blondiegrl149

blondiegrl149

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 30 August 2003 - 08:32 AM

Actually, just the other day I was searching the library for these books that I would always check out in grade school.  I remembered the stories in them and vaguely the title.  But after a while I finally found them.  One is called Ghosts!(something something) by Alvin Schwartz and the other is called In a Dark, Dark Room, by the same author.  This was my first taste of ghosts and I suppose, when I started having interest in the whole subject.  

I also remember recess in grade school.  Sometimes I'd skip rope and other times I'd play pretend with my friend.  We'd pretend that the whole grassy part we were allowed to play in was a cemetery and there were ghosts after us.  

I loved that time in my life.  I'd definitely want to re-live it.  Especially since I am going into my junior year of high school and there are PSATs and ACTs to take.  I have only three more days of relative freedom! :-/ ;) :'(
"I believe in everything until it's disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it's in your mind. Who's to say that dreams and nightmares aren't as real as the here and now? Reality leaves a lot to the imagination"

#8 psychicdreamer

psychicdreamer

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 30 August 2003 - 09:32 AM

Blondie, I miss high school!  Things weren't as difficult for me then as they are now.  All I had to do was work, go to school, study, and play in the band.  That was it.  Now I have to worry about rent, utilities, credit card bills (don't ever get one, they're trouble!!!).  Enjoy being a teenager..........man what I wouldn't give to re-live my senior year again!!
Confucious say: Man who walk sideways in airport turnstile is going to Bangkok.Men are like parking spaces; all the good ones are taken and the rest are handicapped.

#9 Mykiedave

Mykiedave

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 31 August 2003 - 06:14 PM

I really believed in magic. The common everyday, you really have to look for it, not a stage illusion, kind of magic. How at the right time of the afternoon EVERYTHING had it's own shadow. How spider's webs seem to follow me where ever I went. How when I saw things from the corner of my eye and asked my Grandfather what they were he would say "fairies" or "ghosts" and that was a perfectly acceptable answer. When Mom's kiss really could make it all better, and NOTHING could stand up to my Dad no matter how far under the bed or in the closet it hid. I miss some of that.....

Of course I STILL believe in Fairies and Ghosts  ;D
Growing old is mandatory... growing UP is optional.I didn't say it was YOUR fault, I SAID I was going to BLAME you.The nice thing about being Senile is, I can hide my own Easter Eggs.Posted Image

#10 KarenSue1973

KarenSue1973

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Interests:Photography, baking, sewing

Posted 31 August 2003 - 06:56 PM

Hey if I choose a part of my childhood to relive, can I know what I know now?  If that is the case then I would like to be a senior in high school again.  I would have taken that last year more seriously.
Peace, love and happiness always!

#11 phalynx

phalynx

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 31 August 2003 - 09:42 PM

If i knew then what i know now.. I would have done alot better in highschool

*shrug*

guess i'll jsut have to bust BAD_WORD in college
::)

#12 psychicdreamer

psychicdreamer

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 01 September 2003 - 09:52 AM

Phal, you talking about college just made me sad  :'(

I was forced to move out of my house and get my own apartment, my parents didn't care if I went to college or not, they just wanted me out.  Now that I have more time, I'm hoping to be able to go.  I'm going to feel like an old lady, and I'm supposed to be a freshman!!  (I'm 21).

#13 phalynx

phalynx

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 01 September 2003 - 12:53 PM

NOW I FEEL FRIGGIN OLD
THX PSYCHI

I'm 25

#14 psychicdreamer

psychicdreamer

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 01 September 2003 - 06:50 PM

lol, you're not old hon, not by a long shot.  Sorry if I made you feel that way!  :-X

#15 Pink_Pear

Pink_Pear

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 01 September 2003 - 07:38 PM

Don't laugh, but I was nearly 30 when I finished my B.A.
Its never too late, and I loved going back to school.  I cried at graduation-I hated the thought of it all being over!  

Just a day or two after I finished up, I moved to Minnesota and had to start job hunting.  I hadn't had a job for more than two years, so going back to work was REALLY painful.  It felt better after a few paychecks, and my first ever brand new vehicle (which is totalled now :'(), and being a home-owner for the first time :).

So to stick with the topic--The best part of my childhood was hanging out in the marsh and trampling through the piney woods of coastal Georgia.  I loved being outside in the hot hot sun, I loved doing nothing but sitting and thinking.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users