Unanswerable Questions

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#1 ghostlover

ghostlover

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Interests:Civil War, Ghost hunting, EVP and pictures.

Posted 09 July 2003 - 01:15 PM

Its too much of a mind boggler for me. Like for example a good mind boggler is,

what if no language or words were formed to understand what something is?

what if there were no names for anything that we knew of?

did what they say in the history books, or anything of that nature really happen?

and how are they sure those are the words used at that time frame?

LOL, now those are a mind boggler
In order to get to the fruit of the tree, you have to go out on a limb ~ "Out on a Limb", Shirley Maclaine ~ GL4L ~ http://gl4l.maclenet.com

#2 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 09 July 2003 - 06:18 PM

Then we would not understand.

Then we wouldnt know of it.

Blind faith and investigation.

Are we sure if we are here or just a dream? Again, blind faith.

A man is convicted of first offense DUI and spends 2 years in jail.
A man is convicted of sexual misconduct with a juvenile and spends 1 year on probation.
Want to talk about mind boggling.
Welcome to ghostvillage, home of 24,000+ smiling faces and a few old grouches."Some things have to be believed to be seen"Ralph Hodgson

#3 ghostlover

ghostlover

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 09 July 2003 - 06:43 PM

LOL cajun you are right. I guess Im just curious about all those answers to the questions I stated above. Oh yeah here is another one. I got into a fight withmy dad a lot about this when I was a kid.

Why do men get to take off their shirts in public, and not get arrested for it, but when a woman does, its called "in"decent exposure? LOL
I guess I may never know.
In order to get to the fruit of the tree, you have to go out on a limb ~ "Out on a Limb", Shirley Maclaine ~ GL4L ~ http://gl4l.maclenet.com

#4 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 09 July 2003 - 07:11 PM

I personally always hated that Law. Then again it depends on the woman, cuz sometimes I totally agree with it. We are in a society that considers the female breast as sexual, and I must totally agree with society. 8)
Welcome to ghostvillage, home of 24,000+ smiling faces and a few old grouches."Some things have to be believed to be seen"Ralph Hodgson

#5 Camille

Camille

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 09 July 2003 - 10:03 PM

I agree.  

Unfortunately, I don't think we're European enough to get past this out-dated principle of "community decency standards" (in light of the internet especially, what does that mean any more?).  However, there could be an interesting constitutional challenge on the basis of equal protection under the law....

... to save us from the summertime He-Boobies.
"What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the will to find out, which is the exact opposite."Bertrand Russell"You're going to go to McDonald's... you'll order an Egg McMuffin and some coffee... WAIT! They're going to forget your extra salt! Remind them to give you salt, please!!"Ed Closser, Trivial Psychic

#6 ghostlover

ghostlover

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 10 July 2003 - 04:02 AM

LOL, yeah you guys are right, and i would love to walk around topless. At least they can call that "decent exposure". And besides, its still NOT fair. Ya know, heres something else to think about. Whats the big deal about women going topless, and claiming it as adult material, when males have the same thing, just ................ flatter! hehe, at least I can say he men, most of ya men, Mine are bigger than yours  ;)

#7 lilmisspoing

lilmisspoing

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 11 July 2003 - 07:48 PM

just a lil comment bout women being topless umm i don't know if its just ontario or allof canada but women here do have the freedom to walk around topless although many do not

#8 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 11 July 2003 - 08:10 PM

Hmmm, I knew there was something about canada that I liked. 8)

#9 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,213 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 12 July 2003 - 04:52 AM

I'm only about 2 and a half hours away from Canada...guess a road trip is in order!  LOL ;D
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#10 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 12 July 2003 - 05:37 AM

This (krc and cajun knight) is exactly why its indecent, half the men in this country would be unable to function,,,,it would be like mindless control  ;)
Posted Image

Myspace

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#11 Star13

Star13

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 July 2003 - 05:38 AM

Hello all...I'm back! :)

I'm in Ontario also and yes,we are legally allowed to go topless though I've never seen a female do that on the streets. It's more common in the small,remote nude beaches.

Although I would never have the guts to walk around in public topless (except at the bar I worked in! ;) ),I do enjoy the fact that women now have the freedom to do so.

#12 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,320 posts
  • Interests:Infrared Photography

Posted 12 July 2003 - 05:41 AM

Why do men get to take off their shirts in public, and not get arrested for it, but when a woman does, its called "in"decent exposure? LOL
I guess I may never know.

Ghostlover,

I think the answer would be that it would cause too many car wrecks from men drooling instead of driving!  *snicker*
CRY HAVOK! Let Slip The Chihuahuas Of War.....When an ORB dies.......a Chihuahua is born!

#13 secretsign

secretsign

Loves to take trash and make treasures

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 12 July 2003 - 06:08 AM

Well at this time in my life the best I can do is be naked under my clothes...teeheehee.
Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh Good health and every blessing to you

#14 MoonChild

MoonChild

The One Within!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,827 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 13 October 2003 - 03:27 AM

do we have a nude section in GV?  :) ;)

Take my hand and we'll go riding through the sunshine from above

#15 ghostlover

ghostlover

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 13 October 2003 - 05:31 AM

LMAO, you are a great group. hehe, I guess it would be kind of good if men did get distracted while driving, so that way, men can stop blaming us women for being bad drivers. I wish it was a law for to have women go topless when they want to outside of their own home and not get arrested for it. LOL, maybe thats why not many women get arrest for "decent" exposure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users