• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 Wiccad1

Wiccad1

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 21 August 2003 - 08:01 PM

Is there anything that I can do to help remember my dreams? I remember them maybe once every couple of months but @ the time they're very vivid, very real. When I wake up I still feel the way I did in the dream but that's the only connection. The last one was about a month ago, I had been asleep no more than 2 hrs and woke up in a cold sweat and terrified of going back to sleep...

I just want to have more dreams! any suggesstions? (yes I know I cant spell  :P)

#2 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 21 August 2003 - 08:17 PM

This just happened to me not too long ago...woke up in total fear and bewilderment, i have always had vivid dreams that i could feel and not really remember, have you tried keeping a journal beside your bed and writing it down, even if its key words that might spark remembering its worth a try...hope this helps alittle, know i'd benefit from others suggestions also
Either write things worth reading,
Or do things worth the writing.

Posted Image

#3 Wiccad1

Wiccad1

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 07:04 AM

I do have a dream journal... but if its a scary dream, i mean real bad, I wont move any part of my body over the bed... yes I know Im a puss :-/ I even have my 2 pugs 2 protect me... which is a hoot bc one is practically deaf (she was a rescue and lived 8 mths @ a foster home right next 2 LaGuardia) and the other one jumps if the cats are nearby...

#4 Kellerz

Kellerz

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 11:32 AM

i have really vivid dreams always have done ... if i wake from the dream i always remember it so when i wake im sometimes take a moment to figure out whats real and whats not. Not always a great thing when the dreams a bad one.
Hide me from me, fill these holes with eyes for mine are not mine. Hide my head and need, for i am no good, so dead in life, so much time. (Stan Rice 'Cannibal')Just call me Mrs Willard

#5 phalynx

phalynx

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 03:24 PM

I had a wierd dream 2 nights ago... I don't know if it was a premonition or just a twisted dream.  It seemed so real.. and I can explain it in great detail.

I dreamt that i was sitting at a stop light intersection where traintracks crossed the intersection perpendicular from where i was i remember seeing a guy crossing the street in front of me. A train was coming i could hear the horn.  this is the wierd part he was in front of some type of birds not sure if they were turkeys or chickens or something but it seemed to me he was leading them across the street only it seemed he was trying to beat the train.  He of course did not... I remember seeing his body thrown out in front of the train and then going underneithe it.  I heard several loud cracking sounds like bones breaking i heard him scream.  I looked away as the train went passed and then i heard him scream again i looked over and got out of my truck.  I ran up to see if he was still alive. He was it almost looked fake kinda of like animatronics but i saw his legs from the thigh's down had be crushed mangled and almost completely severed from his body other people from their cars came over to see if they could help i remember saying "Hold on I have a cell phone in my truck" and ran back to my truck right when i opended the door i woke up.  

The dream didn't scare me or anything it just caught me by suprise like unexpected feeling and bewildered as well I was like what is going on is this really happening?

I've never had a dream like that before???

I have had wierd dreams which are destinguisable from fantasy dreams but this seemed real... the other wierd thing is the dream was in color... I had heard people don't dream in color... or they only see one shade of color when they dream???

#6 Wiccad1

Wiccad1

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 07:09 PM

that could mean so many things... usually I interpret intersections as possible upcoming decisions... the guy might represent you and a decision you might have to make and it might be a harsh one with severe consequences... it could also mean to beware of whom you sacrifice for... that trying to help someone else may be detremental (yea I suck @ spelling) 2 ur health... that you try too much to help others and put their needs ahead of your own. but there are many more interpretations... you need to look at them from different points of views... the fact that this didnt really scare you but suprised you seems like its really trying to send u a message... but thats just my opinion. Heaven knows Im wrong, and often at it... It would be good to get other opinions on this or buy a dream interpretation book; just to brush up on some basics... usually dreams are symbolic, I'd tell u the name of the one I have except my sis stole it from me :P

#7 phalynx

phalynx

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 07:17 PM

I wish i knew hwere my friend jim was.. he could interpret dreams pretty well... based on colors and what is happening similar to what you just did...

But, if anyone out there has any other points of view of what the dream could mean i am certainly curious.

I know i'm moving to chicago in about 5 days.. and trying to get into a school in columbus, OH   that's about the only couple things I know of that are coming up in my life.

#8 phalynx

phalynx

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 07:20 PM

honestly, when i have bad dreams.. i can control what happens in them.. to some degree... if i know something bad is about to happen.. i wake myself up.. or i rewind the dream and try to find a different outcome... I used to do this alot when i was a kid

#9 Wiccad1

Wiccad1

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 07:24 PM

(what I believe) is that every dream means something... maybe uninterpretable but all have meaning... I look at it as the subconcious trying to communicate with the conciousness...

are you hesitant on moving? (is it even ur choice?) (I know how hard it is) why are u trying 2 get into a school in OH?  Do you know someone who is a "leader" of sorts and has ppl that follow him/her just because?

*maybe consider it a blessing that you weren't the one leading or following bc it coulda been u*

#10 phalynx

phalynx

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 07:25 PM

no i have to move
i have no choice in that matter

no, not that i know anyone there... but the school struck me as what i've been looking for in an education in computers

coincidently i found out my friend who posts on here frequently is going ot a school south east of me about 1 - 2 hours a way

#11 Wiccad1

Wiccad1

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 07:25 PM

wish I could... I usually follow them right to the point where Im gonna be killed and then wake up freakin' out... do u have any idea how u can control them?

#12 Wiccad1

Wiccad1

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 07:28 PM

perhaps it shows apprehension regarding this particular move~ remember Im only suggesting possible things~ wish I could be exact but if I could I'd be making $ for this ;-) Id write this dream down in a journal and just keep track of what happens in the near future and jot down events as they come... maybe you'll have a connection

#13 phalynx

phalynx

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 07:28 PM

I really don't know how i do it
but when i was a kid... i used to rewind the dreams back to the begining and run through it again.. trying to find a different alternative... i never did find a different ending... but it kept me from dying.. or getting hurt

which was some comfort and the dream wasn't as scary even tho it seemed real to me as a child

now tho
if the dream is bad i wake myself up out of a sound sleep... like in my mind i think ok i don't like this.. and i wake up

#14 KarenSue1973

KarenSue1973

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Interests:Photography, baking, sewing

Posted 27 August 2003 - 07:31 PM

Will you teach me how to do that?  I have night mares on a regular basis.  I don't know how to stop them!
Peace, love and happiness always!

#15 phalynx

phalynx

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 07:32 PM

the wierd thing about these rewind dreams when i was a kid
they were reoccuring dreams
the same few dreams constantly
almost nightly

i could tell 3 of them that i remember from when i was a kid.. if i had more i really don't remember but these 3 were the ones that i remember

as for the dream i posted above.. i have such a vivd image of the dream it's not one i will forget

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users