Several questions

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Sevinkei

Sevinkei

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 11:41 PM

Firstly, I apologize if I'm posting this in the wrong section of this forum... I think this will be only my third post here? Also, for all I know this may not even be the most fitting site for me to be posting this at... and if this is the case I apologize. I had surfed around here several years ago and liked what I saw, so I came back seeking help with these questions...

Warning: I type a lot, lol.

1. I used to feel very... connected?... to things beyond the average senses. I would hear, see, feel, and smell things that others didn't or couldn't... things I never quite understood. But they always felt important or meaningful. If I had to put labels to the things I experienced, I might mention ghosts, shadow people, even incubi. I used to dream vividly every night, too, often (but not always) feeling that there was some meaning I was meant to be taking from them, though I never managed to figure it out, so I don't know how much weight to give those dreams. They often manifested as "nightmares", too, in which I would witness horrible things happening to other people, and then wake up feeling like I was supposed to learn something, or do something, related to what I saw.

This all ended about five years ago, right around the time when I started taking antidepressants. My dreams have become less frequent and less vivid, and the "nightmares" stopped completely, suddenly. They just... ended. I haven't witnessed anything in my waking hours since then, either. No more "shadow people". No more whispering in the walls. Nothing...

And lately I've begun to wonder... is it because of the antidepressants? Did they shut down that part of my senses, somehow? Or was it all in my head, and they just brought me back to reality...? I miss all the things I had before (except, you know, for the depression, ha!). I even miss the nightmares. I felt more... open. Now I feel kind of empty and closed down. Happier, but... empty.

Has anyone gone through anything like this? If my experiences weren't just my imagination, can it be that I might recover that part of my senses once I'm done on the medication? (Don't worry, this is not the primary factor in my deciding to go off of them; I'm just done with them. They served their purpose, and it's time for me to try standing on my own two feet again.) In the past several months I've developed a sense of despair that I may never encounter these "other" beings/happenings again.

I guess what I'm asking is: Is this something that can be lost, and then regained? (If I ever had it...)

2. Focusing in on shadow people. To me, and some friends who have seen them too, they haven't seemed entirely malevolent. To me, they seemed neutral at worst. To my friends, they've been mostly... not unkind, as far as we can tell, and the few times they've frightened them, they said it seemed like it could have been a misunderstanding... that is, the shadow people didn't MEAN to frighten them, they were just trying to communicate, perhaps. But I read a lot about people saying they are 100% evil and not to be interacted with if one can help it. I'm not going to run around saying this is wrong... but it always seemed to me that shadow people can be as varied in intent as we humans can be.

Thoughts?

3. Incubi. Potentially real, or just particularly invasive encounters with more "common" entities?

Thanks for any response... until recently I didn't have anyone in my life who acknowledged what I felt or experienced. Mostly I was told I was imagining things. So I've always been really discouraged about things like this... everything felt incredibly real or truthful or meaningful to me, but I've had self-doubt so driven into me that... I don't know. I'm hoping to find a community somewhere that I might fit into... someday.

#2 Oiche

Oiche

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Interests:way too many to mention, but to paraphrase:<br />Animals<br />Photography<br />Literature<br />writing<br />Paranormal research<br />Psychology<br />Sociology<br />Anthropology<br />Travel<br />Yoga<br />Cooking

Posted 16 February 2012 - 05:40 PM

Hi and welcome to Ghost Village!

Were you taking any meds at the time you experienced this?
Posted ImageThank you for not feeding the trolls

#3 Sevinkei

Sevinkei

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:48 PM

No, nothing. As soon as I started taking meds, everything just... stopped.

#4 MzClementine

MzClementine

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:Ghost anything paranormal. Energy, empath, dreams, psychic, tarot, crystals. Metaphysical science. Living, loving and learning. Things unexplained too.

Posted 26 May 2012 - 05:45 PM

No, nothing. As soon as I started taking meds, everything just... stopped.

Medication I feel numbs the sences. It takes your mind to another place. When we feel see and hear things we should try to pay attention to the smells sights and feeling of such things. In all if anyone has had experiences as a child and then as they grow things begin to not happen. Or you loose the conection that you once had. A childs mind is open to more things because all that comes to them is not explained away and it's almost as if we have this ability to see hear and feel these things because nothing has taken these experiences from you with someone logical take of the matter. As a child its as if there is a open door to them. Like lifes energy are open to them because they are learning and wanting life experiences like the fairtale one has hopes for. Know that meds can put your mind and body in a fog. Many want to be fogged over too forget what they had or could have because many diss-believe what could be around the corned isn't as seemed because they loose that touch from their past. In all it is up to the person to accept these matters or never look back. In all some may need medication. So I never tell someone not to take it. I just explain that it is all in the eye of the beholder. And you hold all that you know and have learned. In some cases some don't want to know or refuse it. In all life has many things we can't grasp. But just because you can have the truth doesn't mean it can't be uncovered. In all meds will cloud what once was. And in this it is your choice to see through the fog. Yes things can be lost. But they are not lost forever. They are a part of you and if somone wants to see they will. Will is a strong thing. It's your choice to put the first foot forward and keep an open mind heart and soul for wehat your hearts desires. Bless you on this matter. All is not lost.

#5 Pruchte

Pruchte

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:28 PM

I don't know about anti depressants causing a numbing effect, as a registered nurse I do know that with most anti depressants you should never go off them cold turkey. Doing this can cause a overwhelming sense of despair, and worse it will cause epilecttic seizures these start out small petit mals, which feel like a strange brain hiccup (hard to explain unless you've had them but they happen more frequently and closer together the longer you stay off the medication. This will lead to a grand mal, a very serious seizure and this type od seizure can lead to status epilictus which is life threatening. My advice and yes I am not just speaking as a nurse but someone who is on an antidepressant if you want to go off the medication you need to slowly wean your self off by lowering the dose weekly until your down to 0. Most of us that are on the SSRI antidepressants is because for whatever reason our brains do not make enough serotonin a vital brain chemical that effects mood, sleep, and even perception. It is no different than a diabetic needing insulin because their bodies are unable to make enough insulin. We are just beginning to accept that people with depression have a valid illness and not a personality issue. If you have the gift of extra perception you need to work on exercising it just as an athlete exercises their body you need to exercise your brain and as an athlete provides their body's wwith what they need you should consider that your brain works better with the optimum level of seritonin and maybe you won't see those dark negative things.

#6 Daewen

Daewen

Thinks Smilies Taste Like Chicken

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts
  • Interests:singing, travel, music ( death metal, jrock, visual kei, punk, goth, deathcore ), Wicca, fashion, nature, cooking, goth, Japan, cats, glbt rights, baking, anne rice vampires, tolkien elves, ghosts...

Posted 24 June 2012 - 08:31 PM

This isn't exactly the same thing, but I used to astral project a lot more before I started taking antidepressants. Before, it was alway spontaneous, and after I started taking them, it completely stopped. My sleep paralysis stopped too. But then one day I was taking a nap, and I felt the familiar tingly feeling and astral projected. After that, as long as I recognized the feeling, I could do it again. Do you meditate? If not, it might be something you want to try out.
http://myworld.ebay....riakuroneko0489 Buy my clothes! Take a look.

http://www.dresm.com/ariakuroneko0489 Take a look at my other cheaper clothes too!

http://soundcloud.com/astrid-essex Trying this out as well. Some of my music on soundcloud.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users