Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

lots of questions, could use some insight!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 stardust72

stardust72

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:Some of my interests are from within, others are aquiered along the way. Ive always loved to write and within the past few years have been intrigued by the paranormal! My husband has always loved to treasure hunt! So Ive recently learned to operate a metal detector and intend to write about our treasures found along the way! Sometimes we get lucky enough for our passions to coinside and I get to ghost hunt( take pictures ect.) on the same property that we are treasure hunting and to me that makes the story complete!

Posted 15 November 2008 - 11:05 PM

Hi, this is my first post besides the meet and greet so hello to all yall! I have so many different instances Id love some insight on! I guess I can start with a simple question. Why can orbs and such be seen on film and not by the naked eye? :whee: I have no doubt that I am a sensitive. The one time in particular that stands out in my mind is the time that my left arm suddenly began to ache out of nowhere, it was an intense, deep, ache, it lasted about a minute and then it was gone! A few days later I learned a cousin of mine was working when he had excruciating pain in his left arm. He drove his self to the ER and the test results showed he had a bloodclot in his arm! I am not familiar with the termanology so feel free to correct me on here anytime! :Spaz: I have had simular experiences thru out my life. Some have been dismissed as a mothers intuition (maybe so?) Ill just put these few things out there for now! Let me know what ya think. Thanks Stardust72
Sometimes the weak become the strong.

#2 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 16 November 2008 - 04:47 PM

It has to do with lighting primarily, although the type of lens differs between the eye and a camera as well. Orbs are usually caused by dust, etc. in close proximity to the camera. In the case of the eye a similar situation can occur. What differs though is that a camera also has a flash within a couple inches of the lens. Eyes rely on ambient light which is generally coming from a source some distance away. Thus the light intensity does not reach the same intensity near the eye as it would a camera in a similar situation.

Actuall on occassion people do claim to see orbs visually, though it is rare. This could be because either the lighting once in a while does become similar to that which produces orbs, bright near the eye and a dark background. Another reasin may be that eyes see in real time, cameras capture an instant for posterity. Thus a dust particle floating by near the eye may simply be flicked away, much as an annoying insect might, and not given a second thought.

#3 stardust72

stardust72

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:Some of my interests are from within, others are aquiered along the way. Ive always loved to write and within the past few years have been intrigued by the paranormal! My husband has always loved to treasure hunt! So Ive recently learned to operate a metal detector and intend to write about our treasures found along the way! Sometimes we get lucky enough for our passions to coinside and I get to ghost hunt( take pictures ect.) on the same property that we are treasure hunting and to me that makes the story complete!

Posted 16 November 2008 - 05:09 PM

It has to do with lighting primarily, although the type of lens differs between the eye and a camera as well. Orbs are usually caused by dust, etc. in close proximity to the camera. In the case of the eye a similar situation can occur. What differs though is that a camera also has a flash within a couple inches of the lens. Eyes rely on ambient light which is generally coming from a source some distance away. Thus the light intensity does not reach the same intensity near the eye as it would a camera in a similar situation.

Actuall on occassion people do claim to see orbs visually, though it is rare. This could be because either the lighting once in a while does become similar to that which produces orbs, bright near the eye and a dark background. Another reasin may be that eyes see in real time, cameras capture an instant for posterity. Thus a dust particle floating by near the eye may simply be flicked away, much as an annoying insect might, and not given a second thought.

Thankyou for clarifyn that part for me, makes perfect sense! Love the part about the camera capturing an instant for posterity. Im all about the Y factor and I love answers! Knowing is half my battle. The being in my human wants so badly to except, but the human struggles for answers. :P Thanks again! Stardust72
Sometimes the weak become the strong.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users