• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Joven76

Joven76

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 10:56 PM

Ok, I'm posting this just because I think it's fun to help people choose something to buy... I want to hear everyone's opinion...

My current equipment list:
Fuji FinePix S5000 Digital Camera
Olympus 4100PC Digital Voice Recorder
Panasonic PV-DV400 MiniDV Camcorder

It became apparant that I needed a stronger IR light for my camera when I went to the graveyard, but I also need a longer lasting battery so I can record longer...

Also, if anyone can suggest a great site to purchase an EMF detector, I would appreciate it... I've seen the ones on eBay that are marketed as a "Ghost Hunter EMF Detector", but those look cheesy to me... I'd like to get a digital read out one, but can't find one on eBay...

Also, any other suggestions you may have would be great, but the 4 IR camera system with DVR is a little out of my price range at the moment... LOL

Christopher
PB&J Paranormal proudly supports the St. Baldrick's Foundation for childhood cancer research so that all children diagnosed with cancer will have a better chance for a cure.

Posted Image

#2 Joven76

Joven76

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 11:04 PM

Sorry... I forgot to add the list of equipment I want to buy...

Equipment I want to buy:
Sony HVL-IRM IR Light (Stronger IR Light for camcorder)
Extended battery for camcorder
Omni-Directional Mic for Voice Recorder
EMF Detector
Thermometer with Probe

Let me know...
PB&J Paranormal proudly supports the St. Baldrick's Foundation for childhood cancer research so that all children diagnosed with cancer will have a better chance for a cure.

Posted Image

#3 HRPRG

HRPRG

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 11:16 PM

Christopher,
As for EMF detectors the Cellsensor is easy to use and reliable and you can get it right here at the Ghost Mart http://www.ghostvill...oduct/emf1.html
Good luck on your investigation!
Belinda

Equipment I want to buy:
Sony HVL-IRM IR Light (Stronger IR Light for camcorder)
Extended battery for camcorder
EMF Detector
Thermometer with Probe

Let me know...

#4 Pfled

Pfled

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • Interests:1. Making my son smile<br />2. Investigating and researching places of alleged paranormal activity<br />3. Hiking<br />4. Cooking

Posted 31 October 2007 - 07:32 AM

Equipment I want to buy:

Let me know...

I did some evp work this weekend and got the chance to use an omni-directional external mic. I too use an Olympus4100pc and honestly I could not hear much of a difference between the external mic than the internal mic. FYI, we were in a room about 15 X 20.

Also on the IR Illuminator, there is a cheaper way to help illuminate the area in the meantime. Just take an ordinary flashlight. Buy two rolls of cellophane, one red one blue. Trace the lens of the flashlight on the cellophane (about 6 red 4 blue) and cut them out. Place the cellophane circles between the outside of the lens and the lens casing. I know it isn't true ir light, but it does allow for illumination with little chance of reflection/refraction.
"So even if you can't see it, you can still believe in it.It's easier if you lose all the things that prevent you from seeing it."-The Resistance by the Sam Roberts Band

#5 DeadTrish

DeadTrish

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 07:36 AM

If you want a stronger IR light for your camera the sony one is good but if you go to Super Circuits there are IR spotlights. You want to talk about bright!
TrishDirector/ConsultantAfterlife Investigations: A Paranormal Research SocietyMEMENTO MORI

#6 Joven76

Joven76

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 11:41 AM

As for EMF detectors the Cellsensor is easy to use and reliable and you can get it right here at the Ghost Mart http://www.ghostvill...oduct/emf1.html

Thanks for the suggestion Belinda... I've been looking at that EMF detector and the digital one in the Ghost-Mart....

To everyone else, I'd like some reviews on the CellSensor one... I can see the many benifits to having some kind of alert (i.e. audible, visual, or both), however I'm not so sure how it would be on an investigation looking at a needle going back and forth vs. a digital display...

So I'd like to hear the pros and cons vs. these 2 EMF meters...

Again, thanks for your help...

Chris

Posted Image

#7 Joven76

Joven76

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 09:36 AM

Well, I think I've decided to go with an EMF Meter for my next purchase... That and an extended battery for my camcorder. I've done my research online as to which one I'm going to buy, the digital display one, but what I would like to know now is if I can go to a store and pick one up today, or are these only offered online???

If anyone can point me in the direction of a store that has them on the shelf I'd appreciate it...

Christopher

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users