#1 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,384 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 28 February 2006 - 12:06 PM

Some people feel the intense need to communicate with someone who is dead. Usually, they desire to contact a loved one that they have lost or some simply harbor a fascination with death or the dead. When one wishes to reconnect with the presence of someone they have lost, they may turn to methods involving communication with the dead.

When one is interested in contacting the dead, there are a few techniques that can be followed, according to a Dr. Raymond Moody, who claims to be quite an expert when it comes to near-death experiences, as well as the afterlife. Moody suggests a technique that was used during ancient times for those who wanted to receive a vision. It is said that Nostradamus used this approach when he was foretelling the future. It simply involves a large mirror, as well as a variety of suggestions to ensure a positive and successful line of contact. Below you will find a checklist to follow when you want to attempt communication between the dead.

1) To gain a clear state of mind, one should refrain from consuming products that contain dairy and caffeine the day before an encounter is attempted. Fruits and vegetables should be the only simple foods that are consumed.

2) When attempting to contact the dead, you should position yourself in the quietest section of your dwellings. Watches and jewelry should be removed; loose clothing should be worn. Relaxation is the key for those who wish to contact the dead. Distractions, such as clocks and phones should be unplugged. When complete silence is achieved, a large mirror should be placed in front of you. The mirror should be at an angle that promotes comfortableness.

3) If you are having trouble reaching an altered state of mind, looking at artwork or listening to calming music can achieve a sense of awareness conducive to this type of act.

4) If you are trying to contact a loved one, you should surround yourself with some of their photographs, as well as their personal items. Touching the objects will bring you closer to who you are trying to contact. Some of the items you may choose to set about you may include family films, photo albums, old letters, glasses, a piece of their clothing, as well as a few of their favorite things. Anything that evokes feelings or memories should be used.

5) Light a candle and put it behind you. When dim light is used, it is best that it be placed behind your body. It is said that twilight hours is the best time to communicate with the dead because many people experience altered states. Some can mirror gaze surrounded by bright lights, but this takes time to get use to, as well as achieve.

6) When you are ready to mirror gaze, you should be in a comfortable, relaxed position. You will gaze into the mirror without trying to see anything; it will be similar to looking at something that is located far from view. You may start to feel a tingling within your fingertips.

7) The mirror may seem cloudy after some time, while others have reported that the mirror becomes darker in color. When things within the mirror do not seem as clear as they did before, you may be ready to experience contact with the dead.

8) Complete silence should still be maintained. Allow yourself to view the images that appear to you within the mirror (if you are lucky to experience this phase). The images that you may encounter will probably last for only less than a minute. Some people are able to view images for as long as 10 minutes, but this may take some time to develop. Sometimes you may not see a thing, but will instead hear the voice of your loved one. Some have claimed to actually feel their touch. Experiences with mirror gazing can be quite varied.

****taken from an article by Yona Williams****
Posted Image

#2 heavenlee

heavenlee

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting, psychic awareness, angels, mediums, old grave yards any graveyard.lol! I hate ufo paranormal it scares the jibes out of me.

Posted 04 March 2006 - 11:14 PM

Thanks for the great advice!
Dont be afraid of the dead its the living you should fear!Posted Image

#3 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 17 March 2006 - 08:45 PM

Moon, they are called Skrying Mirrors - at least I hope I spelled that right! One method is to have a sheet of glass - doesn't have to be large - and you paint it black. I have a book here somewhere on the ancient method of skrying. Hopefully I can find it and see if there are more pointers.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#4 Iron Bess

Iron Bess

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:Well, now... histories, hauntings, swordplay, The Renaissance, Hawaiian Faiths and mysteries and the mysteries of Spirit. I've been a pro swordswoman for 30 years and know it was just a gift that came back with me from another life.(chuckle) How well it serves me!

Posted 17 April 2006 - 05:31 PM

Close! It's just a *C* instead of a *K* Scrying mirrors.

I have one in my tub of all places. An oval mirror that hangs at the end of the tub.

It's quiet, dark and the water can be scented as I need or prefer.

It's been of an amazing use but it took time. Nothing comes all at once. Like any skill it requires practice, patience and quiet faith.

I find it easier to believe in the Ghosts since I discovered that they believe in me. :Spaz:
Herself,Iron Bess"Women who behave... rarely make history!"

#5 ghostchick7

ghostchick7

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:ghosthunting acting singing helping ghosts cross over being with my children impersonatoring kelly osbourne for a living also dancing and reading,also cheerleading.

Posted 16 May 2006 - 07:52 PM

Some people feel the intense need to communicate with someone who is dead. Usually, they desire to contact a loved one that they have lost or some simply harbor a fascination with death or the dead. When one wishes to reconnect with the presence of someone they have lost, they may turn to methods involving communication with the dead.

When one is interested in contacting the dead, there are a few techniques that can be followed, according to a Dr. Raymond Moody, who claims to be quite an expert when it comes to near-death experiences, as well as the afterlife. Moody suggests a technique that was used during ancient times for those who wanted to receive a vision. It is said that Nostradamus used this approach when he was foretelling the future. It simply involves a large mirror, as well as a variety of suggestions to ensure a positive and successful line of contact. Below you will find a checklist to follow when you want to attempt communication between the dead.

1) To gain a clear state of mind, one should refrain from consuming products that contain dairy and caffeine the day before an encounter is attempted. Fruits and vegetables should be the only simple foods that are consumed.

2) When attempting to contact the dead, you should position yourself in the quietest section of your dwellings. Watches and jewelry should be removed; loose clothing should be worn. Relaxation is the key for those who wish to contact the dead. Distractions, such as clocks and phones should be unplugged. When complete silence is achieved, a large mirror should be placed in front of you. The mirror should be at an angle that promotes comfortableness.

3) If you are having trouble reaching an altered state of mind, looking at artwork or listening to calming music can achieve a sense of awareness conducive to this type of act.

4) If you are trying to contact a loved one, you should surround yourself with some of their photographs, as well as their personal items. Touching the objects will bring you closer to who you are trying to contact. Some of the items you may choose to set about you may include family films, photo albums, old letters, glasses, a piece of their clothing, as well as a few of their favorite things. Anything that evokes feelings or memories should be used.

5) Light a candle and put it behind you. When dim light is used, it is best that it be placed behind your body. It is said that twilight hours is the best time to communicate with the dead because many people experience altered states. Some can mirror gaze surrounded by bright lights, but this takes time to get use to, as well as achieve.

6) When you are ready to mirror gaze, you should be in a comfortable, relaxed position. You will gaze into the mirror without trying to see anything; it will be similar to looking at something that is located far from view. You may start to feel a tingling within your fingertips.

7) The mirror may seem cloudy after some time, while others have reported that the mirror becomes darker in color. When things within the mirror do not seem as clear as they did before, you may be ready to experience contact with the dead.

8) Complete silence should still be maintained. Allow yourself to view the images that appear to you within the mirror (if you are lucky to experience this phase). The images that you may encounter will probably last for only less than a minute. Some people are able to view images for as long as 10 minutes, but this may take some time to develop. Sometimes you may not see a thing, but will instead hear the voice of your loved one. Some have claimed to actually feel their touch. Experiences with mirror gazing can be quite varied.

yes thanks for the info that will be good to try :lol: from ghostchick7
****taken from an article by Yona Williams****

#6 Lady_Gigi

Lady_Gigi

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:Self taught parapsychologiest, Master Hypnotist, NLP teacher, Federal Firm arms Instructor, closet senstive, EOB's, spirit photography, traveling, wide open spaces, horse back, reading, art, going to the gun range, visiting with friends and family while lauging, currantly writing a book, currantly working re-doing my website, my dogs, cats, garding, and enjoying wild life.

Posted 30 May 2006 - 09:03 PM

I thought I would let everyone know how I communicate with the other side. First, It started a very young age. I first started seeing them then it went away when I was in my middle 30ís. Now 39 itís back.
Iím also a paranormal investigator, but for a living Iím a hypnotist. Two years ago while conducting a weight loss hypnosis session for two ladies in there mid 40ís I had a unexpected guessed. I normally close my eyes as I start to put them into the state. Doing this time I noticed that I was able to pick up energy (if that is the best way to explain it). I was in the middle of the session and I opened my eyes. There standing behind the sofa was a young boy about 18. He was wearing a light beige button down shirt with a tie and khaki pants.
He was transparent and had his arms around the two ladies (whom are also sisters). He faded into the air. I kept talking in my hypnotist face never missing a beat. The whole time Iím thinking ď crap, do I tell them what just happened and who was heĒ Well I decided not to say anything out of fear I would be laughed at. So after the session I was just about to leave when one of the sister started crying. I have had this happen before. It usually happens because they have just have a realization or a spiritual experience of some kind.
I was not ready for what was about to be said. The sister who was crying was thanking me. I told her she did all the work she is ready to move forward with her goals. She said no, Gigi you donít understand. She said she lost her son to a drunk driver last year. Then 2 weeks after his death she found out she had breast cancer. I felt moved to say something. I asked her if I could tell her something I experienced. I explained what happen and described him in detail. She was so happy, I explained he was there to let her know he was ok and she too was going to be fine. She agreed and she felt the same thing. The other sister also felt his presence on the room. The family had taken all his photoís down, because the mother of the young boy was having a very difficult time with his passing. She went to get a photo to show me. Yap, I said that is who I saw. She told me the clothing I saw him in was what he was laid to rest in.
This has not been the only time that I have had this happen it is endless the times it happens. I felt lead to start excepting myself as a go between for the other side. Iím still sharpened my skills and learning not to be afraid. I have seen some pretty scary things, and learning to stay calm is very important. I have most recently discovered that I have a spirit guide. I most recently contacted my spirit guide and in the middle of it the room became full of people wanting to make contact. It felt like a mad sale at Bloomingdales or something like that. Then best way to explain it is there is only one phone on a desert island and itís only working for a period of time and hundreds of people want to use the phone at once. Once strong female voice came in and said thank you we need you. Then it was gone. I was a little shaken and not telling my husband anything I went to sleep on the sofa while he watched TV. The next night I had a image appear to me. I felt they get very frustrated when I do not understand what they are saying. So with all that I have decided to work on my vibrations and trying to hold it to make contact to deliver messages. Has not been easy, I have thought I needed a mentor who has been there done that.
My mother use to tell me it was my imagination, if I ever have children that would not be the case.
Itís important to read the signs, acknowledge and validate these things when they happen. Even acknowledge our loved ones who have passed, because they do listen and the are with us. Not in the physical scene. After loosing my grandfather when I was in the 5th grade, I understood that the hurt we feel is only a physical loss (no longer having that person here physically), but life goes on outside of our human perception.
Thank you for letting me share
Lady_Gigi
Never does the human soul appear so brave and noble, As when it forgoes revenge and dares to forgive.

#7 itsicekold

itsicekold

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:Boxing, doing weights, listening to hip-hop, rap, trance, techno, dance, anthem and a bit of metal music.<br />Been around positive people with a good attitude to life, trying to read auras, chatting on phone/online.

Posted 14 June 2006 - 07:58 AM

Gigi, your post was so interesting. Wow!
I want to see a spirit but then again i don't. I am really really scared. I think i will actually just run. When they come what do they generally tend to do when they appear. Do they smile at you or just have no face expressions at all? I am so interested!
.peace.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#8 Vivienne_DuBois

Vivienne_DuBois

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 08:28 AM

Thanks Moon. Great article. I'll have to give that a try when I'm feeling I'm more "on earth." :redbounce:

What a wonderful experience, Gigi. Thank you for sharing that with us. :clap:

itsicekold: First off, welcome. :) I'll add some of my own thoughts and experiences here for you.

Seeing a spirit for the first time can be a bit frightening for some, but it seems, to most, to almost always be a very exhilerating experience. I've been very lucky to be surrounded by "good spirits" who give me a sense of peace and calm and I was never scared with my good spirits. I've encountered some nasty ones, though, and those can be truly frightening.

Spirits appear in many ways and act in many ways. If you see one, I suggest that you, first, pay close attention to your gut feelings. Fear is normal, but dread or bad visions are not (dread can suggest a negative spirit, bad visions - such as visions of blood, death, etc. are also not a good sign). If you feel fear (which is typically normal, at first), but also feel a sense of calm or peace, you most likely have a good spirit on your hands.

You can choose to interact with the spirit in any way you see fit. I've had a shadow person, Harry, around me for a long time, now. He and I have built up quite a relationship. When I first started seeing him, I basically ignored him because I wasn't sure if it was my mind playing tricks on me or an actual spirit. But, after seeing him often, I decided to start talking to him (even if he wasn't showing himself). After a while, he started coming around more often. Now, he comes around to say "hi" (and, I always say "hi" to him when I feel/see him) and he especially likes to visit when I'm cooking (a hungry spirit?).

Anyhow, back to communicating and interaction: do what feels right for you. There's no real right or wrong way as long as you are following your gut. You could say "hello" or ask the spirit its name. Or, you could say nothing and just accept that it is there. Whatever makes you feel comfortable and, in time, hopefully you will feel more and more comfortable and can broaden your horizons with spirit communication. Spirits do tend to react quite well when spoken to (by "react quite well," I mean: come around more and eventually interact more with you). But, all spirits are different and act differently. And, that's part of the intrigue: they each have their own personalities.

My uncle John comes to me when I'm very ill and only when I'm ill. But, I'm sure he stops by at other times, too. I only see him or sense him when I'm ill, though. Once, I was very bad off, on the floor feeling miserable and completely alone. Then, I kept getting flashes of my uncle on a ship in Vietnam...with his crutch and a cigarette...and, I kept seeing his ring he got in the service. No idea why those came to me so clearly as I lay on the floor in a complete daze. My fiance quickly came and got me up onto the edge of the bed and I looked up for some strange reason and saw a man in shadow. My uncle; I knew just seeing him. He was wearing the hat my cousin sees him tip to her in her dreams. Plus, the visions of him. He was making sure I was o.k.

So, spirits come in many forms and manners. Many we know, some we don't. But, typically, they are as curious about us as we are of them. That's a good tip to keep in mind when seeing them and communicating with them - they're just as curious as we are. ;)

Good luck.

Viv

Edited by Vivienne_DuBois, 14 June 2006 - 08:31 AM.

#9 Lady_Gigi

Lady_Gigi

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:Self taught parapsychologiest, Master Hypnotist, NLP teacher, Federal Firm arms Instructor, closet senstive, EOB's, spirit photography, traveling, wide open spaces, horse back, reading, art, going to the gun range, visiting with friends and family while lauging, currantly writing a book, currantly working re-doing my website, my dogs, cats, garding, and enjoying wild life.

Posted 14 June 2006 - 07:37 PM

Gigi, your post was so interesting. Wow!
I want to see a spirit but then again i don't. I am really really scared. I think i will actually just run. When they come what do they generally tend to do when they appear. Do they smile at you or just have no face expressions at all? I am so interested!
.peace.

Some times they smile and talk, some times they are hard to make out, some times they don't speak, some times they touch. However, some times they are missing limbs and are not in good shape and that can be starling. The frst time that happen I thought I was going to wet myself, lol. But I soon grounded myself and felt that he was in desprate need of help. Just like if you saw someone become injured, you would rush to help. They do get frustrated when you ask them to come and you become affraid. The know you are a fraid and if you are dealing with good spirits then they well respect you and even help you along.
However, there frustration comes when they are trying to deliver a message and you become frightened and freak. Some times they want come back.
One piece of advice I got from a very well know medium was this " never get a big head that you can sommunicate to the spirit world, because you are just a telephone to them". However, being a good communicater with the spirit world is one that I feel honored to be apart of. So boasting or bragging is not seen as cool in the spirit world.
Just like in our physical world communication is the most important part of any type of relationship.

Don't be affraid, you are always in control ( or need to be) you ask them to leave and they well. It's important to know that if you ask them to leve they my do so for go. So be direct like when I'm really sleepy and just want to sleep. I tell them " Please, I need to sleep to be stronger to communicate with you, please come back tomorrow". I'm very respectedful, polite but strong all in one.

I wish you luck and hope I have helped.
Lady_Gigi
:hug:
Never does the human soul appear so brave and noble, As when it forgoes revenge and dares to forgive.

#10 ladyscorpion

ladyscorpion

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 10:55 PM

Wow. This one weirded me out to read. My mother, also a sensitive, had contact with a spirit once through a mirror in her bedroom. She doesn't know who it was, and has since been terrified of looking into a mirror in a dark room (she refuses to have a mirror in her bedroom). We were just talking about it today as a matter of fact, wondering what about mirrors is it. I've noticed that I sense my father the stronger in my bedroom, and had an intense contact this afternoon in our master bathroom (a huge wall-size mirror). I kept looking into the mirror at the bedroom behind me, as if I were to see something.

Question.... how do you contact a spirit whose already trying to make contact with you? When I go see my mother next month, I'd like to try with her to make contact with my father. I posted this in another place in the forum, but I believe he's been near me for the last few years, specifically in this house, and I believe he's tried to make contact with me last night and today. I've been feeling his presence lately, but last night and today I actually felt him touch me. But I'm afraid to make first contact on my own (a great big chicken), and so is my mom, so we're going to try it together. Question is, how?

~Joanne

#11 Sense of Snow

Sense of Snow

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Professional Fine Artist. Sold here in US and overseas. Published Illustrator. Playwright. Actress (NYC and Europe). Certified Reiki Master, Channeling, Remote Viewing, Parapsychology. Very happily married to the love of my life for 11 years. Afghan Hounds, and works for donations to wildlife, wolf sanctuary and other rescue. Former Vulcan at Star Trek: The Experience. www.dogshowjournal.com/SAADIQ/ , www.myspace.com/senseofsnow

Posted 18 July 2006 - 05:31 PM

I started sensing at a very young age.. astral, prem dreams, communication with other side, etc. Later, as most blocked it. Always felt myself coming back to it.. studying it, joining societies to get access to case studies, journals..and always was able to naturally get into a trance state. Mostly I channel... I can do this through writing and often they come through when I paint. I see, sense, feel them. Smelling can be something else. (all the 'clairs). It opened up big time 8 years ago.. where then i had to learn to block and discern energies I would or would not work with. So, I didnt have to be interrupted even while driving. If the message was for the highest good, and with working with guides. etc. I will get others family members, pets. But, truly enjoy communication with higher realms as well. I think everyone learns what works best for them. Meditation comes in all forms... to find that trance space and all the tools available. I look at it like every artist finds what is medium is best at.. watercolor, sculpture, etc...then what tools..then you skill yourself in your own voice and style. My big thing is I make it clear that I will not allow energies not of the light in. If I do come in contact with some stuck..etc. I will send them light, pass their message. Talking to the living can be bad enough.. and consuming. I dont need a critter from the other side tapping on me while watching my favorite crap tv. ha.

Robin

#12 annetanith

annetanith

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 01:10 AM

Hi! I am new to this website. I discovered it because I bought one of Belanger's books which is so interesting I am reading it quickly!

About Moon's post, it was fantastic, thanks a lot. I am 36 and have been communicating with the dead since I was little. I still do it, but have learned to avoid it when am not ready for communication. It used to drain me so much when there were many communications. I have had very interesting experiences.

In regards to one of the members who was asking about how they show themselves, it all depends on what you perceive. I perceive their talk, if I must say it this way. I hear in my mind all of what they want to say. I don't see them in front of me, but can describe them to the person in front of me. I kind of perceive their physical appearance, even their clothes, but I do not see it. SO do not be afraid. Be sure to surround yourself of positive energy in order to attract positive beings. They come when the feel you canhelp them. Usually, when they attempt contact is because they need to communicate a message. Not only the dead person needs to do so but also the alive person needs to hear this message to achieve peace of mind. When people are not receptive, dead relatives use others who are receptive to try to get the message to their loved ones.

Be open but be prepared. ANd you will experience one of the most special things in your life. Books by Ted Andrews are good to read about protection. Belanger's book about communication with the dead is very good. Heexplains how to use tarot, ouija and other methods to attempt communication.

:weeee: Good luck!

Annetanith

#13 hightension

hightension

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 02:49 PM

hey im new to this but i am very curious see throughout my life i have seen and herd spirits/ghosts and i think i can sense them to ill get this feeling in my whole body and like if its a bad spirit it will be a bad feeling but if its a good spirit it will be a good feeling nothing that would worry anyone u know and i dont really know if i can communicate with them somtimes i think i can like i get there feelings from them wich i could inturpret into what they are trying to say, i thought i did with my grandmother one time and i read somthing on here about spirit guides and was wondering how i would comunicate with them and i want to know if i really can communicate with spirits please get back

#14 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 03 October 2006 - 08:32 AM

Welcome, Hightension, to GhostVillage. Glad to have you with us. First, make sure you read here a lot. There is a lot of good information for you, if you are willing to take the time to find and read it. Don't just look at the page you have up - go to the bottom of the screen and you will see that you can access past pages/threads. You might find your questions answered there. And when you post, you might want to slow down when typing - a few well placed periods and apostrophes will make your posts easier to read and more likely to be answered. I hope you enjoy your time in the village - you'll make lots of great friends who will help you in any way we can! :ghost:
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#15 hightension

hightension

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 03:05 PM

Welcome, Hightension, to GhostVillage. Glad to have you with us. First, make sure you read here a lot. There is a lot of good information for you, if you are willing to take the time to find and read it. Don't just look at the page you have up - go to the bottom of the screen and you will see that you can access past pages/threads. You might find your questions answered there. And when you post, you might want to slow down when typing - a few well placed periods and apostrophes will make your posts easier to read and more likely to be answered. I hope you enjoy your time in the village - you'll make lots of great friends who will help you in any way we can! :clap:

hey redhead thanks iv been talking to someone about this for a while now and things have gotten alot better and easier thanks alot for replying

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users