• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Mykiedave

Mykiedave

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 12 December 2003 - 07:53 PM

Many years ago I was working a show at the famous Shrine Auditorium here in Los Angeles when an amazing thingt happened. We were on dinner break and it was myself and my pal Robbie having dinner on the side stage when we heard a wonderful Soprano running thru scales in the Shrine Exibition hall. This was a HUGE no-no. There was a car show the next day and we were NOT allowed in. So Robbie and I walked to the door and shouted in, "Hey!! We're not allowed in here!!" No answer. "I mean it! We'll get in trouble" the note kept ringing out clear and high. "Please don't make us come get you." The sweet voice trilled on thru one scale after another. "Ok. Have it your way!" As we stepped across the thresh the voice stopped. Not ran out. Not echoed. STOPPED. A complete silence. I turned to Rob and asked, "Did you see her leave?" and my speaking voice echoed back to us. I had to catch up to him to hear his answer. Ours was the only open door, she would have had to have come thru there. No one ever did. We watched. When the house manager ( a Shrine employee, not a member of the troupe) came in we told him what we heard. He turned on the lights and we searched the room, comming up empty. The Shrine has a number of permenant visitors, but he had never heard of a soprano singing there before. The next day before our show I went to the auto show. The was Maria Callas'e Rolls Royce on display. It was something I will never forget.
Growing old is mandatory... growing UP is optional.I didn't say it was YOUR fault, I SAID I was going to BLAME you.The nice thing about being Senile is, I can hide my own Easter Eggs.Posted Image

#2 mastermind73

mastermind73

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 12 December 2003 - 11:06 PM

Oh wow, Mykiedave.  That's a great story!  Thanks for sharing.  Man, nothing cool EVER happens to me.
"If dreams are like movies, Then memories are films about ghosts.You can never escape, you can only move south down the coast.""Don't you remember when we were young, and we wanted to set the world on fire?'Cause I still am, and I still do."

#3 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 13 December 2003 - 01:14 PM

OMGOSH! That is SO cool, Mykiedave!
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#4 Brandon

Brandon

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 13 December 2003 - 06:40 PM

cool story

#5 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 14 December 2003 - 11:05 AM

Was there ever a reocurrance?
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#6 Mykiedave

Mykiedave

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 15 December 2003 - 10:03 AM

I've checked back a few times and she hasn't been heard since. The building is still an incredible hot spot though with at least five different entities that I recall.
Growing old is mandatory... growing UP is optional.I didn't say it was YOUR fault, I SAID I was going to BLAME you.The nice thing about being Senile is, I can hide my own Easter Eggs.Posted Image

#7 OwlGoddess

OwlGoddess

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 15 December 2003 - 01:50 PM

wow, mykie!  that's super!  I LOVE STORIES ABOUT OLD THEATERS!

... i just looked it up, and the Shrine is another gem by theater architect A. Landsbaugh...  one of my personal favorites.  i'm quite the theater buff.  

what other amazing ghost stories do you know about the so cal theaters?  any about the el capitan or egyptian?  what about any in pasadena?

OG
Life's waters flow from darkness; Search the darkness, don't run from it.--Rumi

#8 Mykiedave

Mykiedave

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 20 December 2003 - 08:14 PM

Most of the theatre's in LA are pretty active, including the Pasadena Playhouse. The Cinegrill at the Roosevelt Hotel is very, very active. There are quite a few haunted night-clubs around too, The Comedy Store being not only active, but really rather angry. I know for a fact that at least two of the sound stages at Universal Studios are haunted. For that matter the corner of Hollywood and Vine was visited by Lon Chaney SR. for years after he died.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users