Interesting Top 10

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 rayzrwyre

rayzrwyre

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Interests:I am interested in intelligent conversations with like-minded people who share a fascination with all things paranormal........now where would I find such wonderful people like that???

Posted 09 July 2007 - 11:50 AM

After reading Willow's post about the Sante Fe courthouse ghost, and how an investigator determined it was a bug, there was a link to this Top 10 list I thought you guys may like to ponder:

http://www.livescien..._phenomena.html

Enjoy!
"Excuse me while I slip out of these wet clothes and into a dry martini!" - Groucho Marx

#2 Mark London

Mark London

So open minded that his brain has fallen out....watch your step

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:If they need me I help them

Posted 09 July 2007 - 02:42 PM

I had a good read of this, thanks Rayz

Im surprised that choc chip cookies werent in there, they taste phenomenal :)

#3 gaia227

gaia227

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Interests:I am an animal lover and proud mama of two beautiful kitties, love and respect the earth and it's inhabitants, I am trying to do my part as far as reducing MY effect on the earth, global warming, animal habitat destruction, etc - don't own a car use mass transit, recycle, donate money and time, learning to become more energy effcient-that kinda thing.<br />I am interesting in social/political issues and tend to be pretty opinionated about it. Mostly my interests with that lie in the plight of third world countries living in the shadow of 1st world industry super-powers....fun, huh?<br />On a lighter note I love to read, love crossword puzzles, a strong cup of Earl Grey tea, a little bit of a history buff, obviously interested in the paranormal, love a good ghost story, music is a big part of my life, love going to the theater, museums, I love old things-anything that has a good history behind it intrigues me, collect old photographs of NYC, use to fancy myself as a writer but starting to rethink that.<br />On an academic level my interests are in Anthropology, Archaeology, animal science/behavior, social/political philosophy-Marxism.

Posted 09 July 2007 - 02:49 PM

Very interesting - I had never even heard of the Taos Hum and I tend to keep up with this stuff. Looks like I have some researching to do...

#4 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,351 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 09 July 2007 - 02:54 PM

Yup it was cool, thanks for sharing.
Posted Image

#5 Crone

Crone

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal investigations, reading, crafts, Genealogy, Renaissance Faires,

Posted 09 July 2007 - 04:01 PM

Very cool site. Thanks for sharing!

***Passes chocolate chip cookies around***
Still crazy after all these years. ....Paul Simon.... “What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others.” ....Pericles......

#6 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 04:21 PM

Very interesting - I had never even heard of the Taos Hum and I tend to keep up with this stuff. Looks like I have some researching to do...

My thoughts exactly! I also love that something I posted was inspirational, kudos to you Ray :)
Either write things worth reading, Or do things worth the writing. Posted Image

#7 spiritdoc

spiritdoc

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Interests:Learning about and discussing all things universal and spiritual, the realms of the human condition and psyche, watching &quot;para&quot;normal shows like Most Haunted, a good English pub and a pint, fine international wines, languages and communication, travel, old cities with character and history... and, basically, just helping the world move into a better space while I'm here... oh, and of course... dogs and dolphins!

Posted 09 July 2007 - 05:49 PM

Well, this seems a really good place to turn you guys on to the theory of "The Field"... the "empty" space between us is really not empty at all but full of information available to be tapped into through wider bands/waves of frequency... I know, "whaaat??"

We can tap into "the field" which contains all our memory and universal knowledge ever known or to be known... contains past, present and future all at the same time. This would at least begin to explain or give structure to the phenomena of:

Psychic/ESP ability, Deja Vu, Intuition, remote viewing, near death experiences, etc... also past life memory retrieval and viewing (even if it's not your own)...

It's based on Quantum premises and the fact that we are all part of the same matter, and non-matter...

Edited by spiritdoc, 09 July 2007 - 05:50 PM.

SpiritDoc

#8 rayzrwyre

rayzrwyre

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Interests:I am interested in intelligent conversations with like-minded people who share a fascination with all things paranormal........now where would I find such wonderful people like that???

Posted 09 July 2007 - 07:23 PM

OK......

1. Thank you Willow, for the kudos. You kind of get em too for leading me to the site!

2. SpiritDoc.......Whhhhaaaatttt????

3. Who's got the darn cookies, and is not sharing? Mark????
"Excuse me while I slip out of these wet clothes and into a dry martini!" - Groucho Marx

#9 leslie_dragonlvr

leslie_dragonlvr

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying life, again.<br />Anything paranormal, mostly spiritography and spirit communication.<br />The wilderness, traveling, historical places and a beach.<br />All that involves my heart and soul.

Posted 10 July 2007 - 01:01 AM

Great site!

I have been to Taos, there is a hum. Not sure what it is myself, but I did hear it and thought I was sort of losing it. I tend to hear an odd frequency level a lot and it gets on the nerves too.

Where are the cookies Marky???

Edited by leslie_dragonlvr, 10 July 2007 - 01:02 AM.

Greg - You and no other - Forever and Always! Gv ge yu!

#10 Mark London

Mark London

So open minded that his brain has fallen out....watch your step

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:If they need me I help them

Posted 10 July 2007 - 03:04 AM

OK......

1. Thank you Willow, for the kudos. You kind of get em too for leading me to the site!

2. SpiritDoc.......Whhhhaaaatttt????

3. Who's got the darn cookies, and is not sharing? Mark????

I did have them but Crone ate them all :)

#11 leonie

leonie

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Interests:&quot;We keep on going because of hope. The hope that one day for one moment we'll feel the total unwavering bliss of a second of happiness.&quot;

Posted 10 July 2007 - 08:02 AM

Interestings stuff rayz, I looked at a few of the others as well, rather scientific but amusing answers on some.

"Your just a beautiful freak, I wish there were more like you." - EelsPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#12 rayzrwyre

rayzrwyre

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 09:57 PM

I'll probably wind up paying for this later, but what the heck!!

Posted Image

#13 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Interests:I love to sleep!!! I also enjoy reading, some of my favorite authors would be Stephen King, Anne Rice, and Edgar Allen Poe. My favorite tv shows are Ghost Hunters, America's Most Haunted, I Shouldn't be Alive, anything on the Discovery Health Channel, Myth Busters, Desperate Houswives, Grey's Anatomy, House, American Idol, Trading Spouses, The Simpsons, Family Guy, King of the Hill. But I obviously don't watch any tv. I also enjoy making new, pretty medic alert braclets, and earrings.

Posted 10 July 2007 - 10:03 PM

I think the mind body connection should've been higher up on the list than #10... I use it for pain control... I focus on a part of my body that doesn't hurt (typically my hair) and it does help!

And... who stole the cookie from the cookie jar? I'm the resident sugar whore (my family's kind nickname for me)...
Love life.

#14 DeadTrish

DeadTrish

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 10:26 AM

Just curious but does anyone think that bigfoot should be lower in the list. I thought ghosts would have beat out sasquatch. Interesting about the humming village though.
TrishDirector/ConsultantAfterlife Investigations: A Paranormal Research SocietyMEMENTO MORI

#15 GhostCat

GhostCat

Certified husband trainer....guaranteed he won't track dirt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts
  • Interests:Travelling New England by land and sea, local history, houses - as I am a real estate appraiser, I teach Special Education too, love all the kids I work with... they teach me too, lol, and add lots of smiles to my day....my cats, my goffin cockatoo parrot that is loud, smart and talkative, walking, bicycling, skiing, ice hockey, watching the Patriots, the Bruins and the Red Sox (Woo Hoo.. Fenway Painters..My sister and brother in laws business that paint the Park and my nephew that paints the famous &quot;green monster&quot;) lighthouses, antiques, gardening, trying new restaurants, classic movies (love Cary Grant and Alfred Hitchcock), big band music, laughing and being around others that like to laugh, ghost stories - I love to hear other peoples experiences as I have so many to tell myself.

Posted 11 July 2007 - 09:03 PM

Interesting, especially the Taos hum. My husband has been to Taos many times but never heard a hum, go figure, if I went, I am sure I would hear it, lol. Thanks for sharing the top 10.
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."-- Robert A. Heinlein

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users