Tarantula collection documentation and breeding thread

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 PanzoN88

PanzoN88

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Interests:besides the paranormal, raising tarantulas (breedings coming soon), martial arts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 08:23 PM

One of my smallest slings just molted, another three or four are in premolt.

#17 PanzoN88

PanzoN88

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Interests:besides the paranormal, raising tarantulas (breedings coming soon), martial arts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 10:00 AM

My O. Sp. "Cebu" molted for the second time in my care. Waiting on a few more.

#18 PanzoN88

PanzoN88

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 04:33 PM

I think my B. schroederi is going to molt any minute (this is my rarest tarantula).

#19 PanzoN88

PanzoN88

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 04 March 2018 - 08:07 AM

My B. schroederi molted successfully two nights ago. I paid $150 for that one so let's hope for more successful molts.

#20 autumnbelle

autumnbelle

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts
  • Interests:Am curious about almost anything . . .

Posted 08 March 2018 - 04:57 PM

This is a fairly small question - but what happens to what they molt? Do you clean it up? Do they use it for something? I guess I have never thought about it.

Eat, drink and be scary. ~Author Unknown

#21 PanzoN88

PanzoN88

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 01:25 PM

This is a fairly small question - but what happens to what they molt? Do you clean it up? Do they use it for something? I guess I have never thought about it.

The way I like to describe it is like kicking off a blanket. The tarantula will flip over on its back and it will look like slowly kicking off a blanket. When done the tarantula may lay there and rest for a little bit then turn over. When the are done the tarantula will be very fragile (more fragile than usual), its fangs will be white. When the fangs are white they could easily break off. White fangs mean "hey, don't feed me" the tarantula will harden up (you will be able to tell by the fangs), red fangs mean "not yet, I am not quite ready to eat" lastly when the fangs are black the tarantula is ready to eat and is hardened. (Still fragile, as all tarantulas are). It always helps to keep the water dish full and even overflow the dish a little, this will give it extra moisture to ensure a successful molt.

#22 PanzoN88

PanzoN88

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 04:38 PM

Added eight more tarantulas to the collection, including my dream tarantula. Now I officially have 31 tarantulas, with at least seven on the way.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users