• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ghostlady

ghostlady

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 August 2004 - 02:57 PM

I live in the outskirts of Greenville SC.I'm looking for any interesting haunted buildings or places to visit that's either in Greenville or within an hour to an hour in a half away from Greenville SC.I haven't seen many stories about hauntings in Greenville or cities not far from there.So please let me know if there are any really interesting hauntings in the upstate.I want to know about places like bars,hospitals,plantations,houses,etc.I have heard of the Merridun INN.I've only been in SC for over 2 years now.I've only been to Charleston SC and went on there Ghost Walks.And other haunted places there.But,I need to know of some in the Upstate.
                             :P

#2 Barbara

Barbara

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 August 2004 - 03:48 PM

Hi Ghostlady !!

My name is Barbara.  This must be a small small world because I live in Greenville too (over 15 years under my belt but it feels like just yesterday).  I'm also the Branch Manager for the SC Chapter of the Smoking Gun Research Agency (http://www.sgra-media.com).  We're a group of paranormal investigators spread out throughout the US.  Let me know if you're interested in joining.  I'd be more than happy to answer any questions.  

You mentioned the Merridun Inn.  I'm not heard of that one. Is that here in Greenville?  One of the most haunted places we have here is called Poisett Bridge.  This bridge is located off of Highway 25 like you're going to Asheville (the bridge is located in Greenville County).  This bridge can be down right spooky if you're not careful --- if nothing else, you're sure to get some good orbs.  You may also hear things and feel things and 1 or 2 cold spots.  I'd be more than happy to forward additional directions to you if you're interested.  

Also, I am currently working on going out to Oakwood Cemetary which is located next to Converse College in Spartanburg.  We had a thread going on in this section ( I think it's listed under Hells Gate).  I've been in touch with a fellow GVer who says he's seen the ghost of a little boy out there on more than one occasion.  I've already been out there during the day and I would love to go out there at dusk. There's a definite drop in temperature in cdrtain spots of this cemetary.  

Off the top of my pointed little head, there's a Cry Baby Bridge located near Rose Hill Plantation in Union, John D. Long Lake (where Susan Smith killed her two little boys), and Walnut Grove Plantation in Spartanburg.  There is also a wonderful church not too far from my house that has oodles of orbs around it at night (obviously, with all due respect I won't post directions to the church on a public message board).  Also, I've heard numerous stories about Kings Mountain which is just across the state line in NC.  

I've also  got 3 books on local back roads places and battlefields that I need to look through. Please please feel free to contact me via email (barb29615@yahoo.com) if you want to get together or if you need directions.  I'm just glad there's someone else here from the upstate !!!!
SC Branch Manager for SGRA (http://www.sgra-media.com)

#3 black_shuck

black_shuck

Junior Villager

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 10 August 2004 - 11:29 AM

Ty for sharing that info.Being from N.C.,it isn't all that far to travel to visit "haunted sites".:P
BLACK SHUCK (showing its red eyes,howling as it walks).

#4 Barbara

Barbara

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 August 2004 - 04:02 PM

You are more than welcome, Black Shuck.  I'm more than wiling to help out anyone looking for haunted locations in this area.  BTW, you don't say what part of NC you're from, you may want to check out Josh Warren's web site (http://www.lemurteam.com).  He's from the Asheville area and the only paranormal investigator who was authorized to do an investigation of the Grove Park Inn.
SC Branch Manager for SGRA (http://www.sgra-media.com)

#5 Healthy Skeptic

Healthy Skeptic

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 04:57 PM

I live in the outskirts of Greenville SC.I'm looking for any interesting haunted buildings or places to visit that's either in Greenville or within an hour to an hour in a half away from Greenville SC.I haven't seen many stories about hauntings in Greenville or cities not far from there.So please let me know if there are any really interesting hauntings in the upstate.I want to know about places like bars,hospitals,plantations,houses,etc.I have heard of the Merridun INN.I've only been in SC for over 2 years now.I've only been to Charleston SC and went on there Ghost Walks.And other haunted places there.But,I need to know of some in the Upstate.
                             :toilet:

In Newberry County there is a haunted house and a large white dog which appears and will chase a person down a road. I am not sure which road this is on, but it is listed in South Carolina's Haunted places book found in most SC libraries. Newberry is just below Laurens County.

I'm looking for info on how to help a friend find out if her house is truly haunted. She has seen door knobs turn and doors open, her husband found his wallet and watch in the refrigerator after searching for the better part of the morning. He had left them in the living room and heard snickering in the living room the night before. It sounds like something is going on, I'd love to research the house and find out more about people who may have lived there. Any suggestions?

#6 jebstuart

jebstuart

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 04:21 PM

my name is Ken.

my family and i have moved here to greenville we are very avid ghost investegators. we are trying to get are bearings on what is in the area. especially what is real and what is an urban legend. we are just trying to meet others in the area with the same interest. if you can help please feel free to email me at Kensagel @aol.com

thank you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users