• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Jeff Belanger

Jeff Belanger

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,454 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 07:38 AM

What are some of the small miracles in your life? You know... the stuff a little too good to be a coincidence?
Have you read these books?
Posted Image
There will be a quiz...

#2 Mark London

Mark London

So open minded that his brain has fallen out....watch your step

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:If they need me I help them

Posted 27 April 2007 - 07:42 AM

I was drove 300 odd miles once, with no problems, as soon as I got home pulled up the driveway it broke down.

The mechanic who checked it out, couldnt work out how i had driven all that way without it breaking down during the journey !!

pretty menial, but i think someone was looking after me that day !

#3 leslie_dragonlvr

leslie_dragonlvr

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying life, again.<br />Anything paranormal, mostly spiritography and spirit communication.<br />The wilderness, traveling, historical places and a beach.<br />All that involves my heart and soul.

Posted 27 April 2007 - 07:20 PM

Ok, last November my husband was told he had 18 months to live. One third of his heart was dead.
So, we began to make plans with our wills etc. and doing everything the doctor told him to do. Playing with his meds up and down, this and that.
3 weeks ago he went in for an echocardiogram. We got the word last week that nothing is wrong with his heart, its healing, he actually had a virus in his heart. He still has an irregular heart beat, but they are getting that taken care of.
Talk about a "what the heck" feeling!
Greg - You and no other - Forever and Always! Gv ge yu!

#4 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,396 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 27 April 2007 - 08:52 PM

A small question Jeff, but I can take a whole week answering this!

simply put, for me, finding GhostVillage community over 4 years ago through google is a miracle, because what it made me into, what it helped me realize and the people in my life, thanks to ghostvillage, is a miracle by itself! :headbang: Everything to me, in one way or the other, came through GhostVillage and the connections I made here.
Posted Image

#5 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 28 April 2007 - 05:44 AM

~Every morning when I wake up & hear my 18 year old say "Mornin' Mom", or when I hear My 2 year old upstairs banging on his crib, or when I hear my 4 year old coming down the stairs...these are my miracles because back in 1976 (I was 6), my doctors told my parents that due to my health issues & the health isuues I was going to have growing up, that me having children was just not going to happen. What I wouldn't give to be able to introduce my children to these doctors! *giggles*

...and ditto to what Moonie stated above.
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#6 Mark London

Mark London

So open minded that his brain has fallen out....watch your step

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:If they need me I help them

Posted 28 April 2007 - 12:52 PM

simply put, for me, finding GhostVillage community over 4 years ago through google is a miracle, because what it made me into, what it helped me realize and the people in my life, thanks to ghostvillage, is a miracle by itself! :weeee: Everything to me, in one way or the other, came through GhostVillage and the connections I made here.

Couldnt put it better myself moonie even though i have been here only a short time compared to you !!

:clap:

#7 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 29 April 2007 - 10:47 AM

This is a pretty small thing, but I think back on it fondly. About ten years ago, I was downsized from my job. Since that job had been extremely stressful, I had decided to take the summer off, then start to look for another job in the fall. I began my search in early August that year, and found it difficult to find something that would be a good fit. At some point in early October, I began to pray a novena - to pray for a particular intention for a period of nine days in a row. After this nine days, I went to the local Job Center and did a search on their computer system. I found a posting that piqued my interest, but noticed that the deadline for applications had come and gone a few weeks earlier. I thought, what the heck, nothing ventured, nothing gained. I sent in my resume that day. Two days later, I got a phone call from this place, asking if I could come in the next day for an interview. I said yes. I went in, and had my first 'team interview' - where you meet with several people all at once. Very intimidating, but I managed to get through it. When I got home, for some reason I parked my car on the street in front of the house instead of in the garage. Now keep in mind that this was late October, and we had had several killing frosts. I had two rose bushes in the front garden - and they were in full bloom. Not just a posey or two, but rampant flowers on both large bushes. I was filled with a sense of happiness and calmness. I knew at that time that my prayers had been answered with a yes and I'd get that job. I hardly got in the door when the phone started to ring - with a job offer to start the following Monday.

This may seem trite, or silly, but roses in late October is a rare thing up here where I live.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#8 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 29 April 2007 - 02:06 PM

~Red, that was a marvelous happening...I truly believe that WAS a miracle. Roses are so beautiful, and to have them in full bloom during the "off-season" is a miracle in itself.
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#9 spooksareus

spooksareus

Graceful leader of men who harvests wheat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,003 posts
  • Interests:Healthy friends, supernatural science (oxy morans, lol!), cooking &amp; baking, all animals, playing music (mostly jazz), art (all mediums), interesting &amp; open minded people, truth, justice and liberal politics...

Posted 29 April 2007 - 03:27 PM

Sometimes miracles come in very strange pakages. I credit my near death experience when my head met the pavement after my roofing accident with changing my life for the better. Funny what a little brain damage can do for a girl, but I have never been happier nor more at peace with my life and the direction it is heading.

Before the accident I gave away to much of myself and my life wasn't really my own because of that charactor flaw. Since my accident I had to come to grips with that and make a lot of changes, I no longer had the energy to devote my life to everyone elses wants.

I had a serious injury that allowed me the time I needed to focus on my wants and needs for the first time. It also showed me the people who were really my friends and those who had only been leaching off of me for years.

Two years of re-learning to do things I took for granted (like reading, writing and walking :duel: ) has givin me my life back and made me a much happier person.

The miracle is that the day before it happened I had prayed for a major change to happen in my life...be careful what you wish for :Spaz:

"It is perfectly monstrous the way people go about, nowadays, saying things against one behind one's back that are absolutely and entirely true." -Oscar Wilde “The Picture of Dorian Gray”

#10 AngelRose

AngelRose

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Interests:I'm interested in the paranormal. Just not enough to go out and do any investigations. I think my past experiences might have frightened me away from looking for what might come next. I can read what others go threw and it seems exciting. But I just don't have it in me to get up and do any investigations. Pretty silly I know. But it's who I am. I'm a watcher not a doer. That's ok with me, I dont' mind it. I feel safe this way. lol

Posted 30 April 2007 - 12:37 PM

A miracle for my husband and I.
My husband works at a power plant. He checks all the machines, takes number notes, makes sure everything works properly.
August of 2005, my husband was doing his normal thing. Checking the berrings n such. Making sure things were in good working order. When he walked by a machine, the convayer belt jerked loose, and something sharp on it grabbed his shirt sleeve. It pulled my husband into the machine. He lost half of his right hand. The amazing thing, the machine shut off before it sucked him threw it. He could have died that day in that machine. Nobody know's why it shut off, there was no emergency switch. And nobody else was on that top floor of the building. (about 25 stories up). My husband was able to call for help before he passed out.
He woke up just as people were standing around him. He said he seen someone in white standing in the background. He believes that how the machine got turned off was his angel looking out for him.

We have been down a long hard road because of the accident. I will say, it's given me a new outlook in life. We now refuse to take things for granted. Especially each other.

Many blessings
Posted Image

#11 BellaRose

BellaRose

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • Interests:My SON (the Sunshine of my Life!!!!), Reading,<br />Bellydancing, My Pets, Sharing Information.<br /><br />ROSE &amp; THE TAROT<br />I have been studying the TAROT for 25+ years and have given readings to both the Famous and Non-Famous alike.<br />I have NEVER charged for a reading....<br />I studied extensively with Shekhinah Mountainwater<br />(1939-2007) from 1998 thru 2000. I was ordained as a Priestess in 1999.<br /><br /><br />QUIZILLA<br />CHECK OUT MY QUIZZES, POETRY, &amp; POLLS:<br />http://www.quizilla.com/users/6CentsRose/

Posted 08 May 2007 - 01:36 PM

My MIRACLE...
Is my beautiful son!!! :P

#12 thesameones

thesameones

Rude and Crude

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 08:09 PM

That my husband and I are graced is a ongoing mircle. It just seems that when we want or need some thing (what ever it may be) it always comes to us timely. No more and no less than what we want or need. Just what we want or need. I feel that if we were the sort to become glutons that this grace would cease. We remain aware and grateful for our abundance.

There is the intuition. That's a constant with my husband and I and with others, and he and others as well, but very apparent between the two of us. I have told the story of the time I cautioned my husband to slow down in concern of a blow out. Within seconds there was a blow out. Had he not slowed down we believe we would have had a serious accident. He often accuses me of stealing his thoughts. I laugh. I tell him we are sharing the thoughts. Some times one of us thinks the oddest thoughts. Thoughts that you wouldn't think any one would consider. The other will voice the thought. Occasionally we answer unspoken questions (questions in thought) to one another.

It seems that very often we are on the outside or side ways of tragidy. We seem to slip past auto accidents, tornados, ........ all sorts of potentially harmful situitations. On our trip south in March and April we escaped several auto accidents and tornados by timing that may have been seconds. There was always a divertion to cause us to not be in a location at the specific time.

Our experience with the spirit world, as much as we lack understanding, is still a miricle.

These and many more miricles happen every day in my life, the life of my family, and others lives I'm sure. Perhaps some take these things for granted and are not aware that we are not the sole masters of our destiny. Mircles do happen every day though. In large and in small ways they happen to all of us.

#13 GhostCat

GhostCat

Certified husband trainer....guaranteed he won't track dirt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts
  • Interests:Travelling New England by land and sea, local history, houses - as I am a real estate appraiser, I teach Special Education too, love all the kids I work with... they teach me too, lol, and add lots of smiles to my day....my cats, my goffin cockatoo parrot that is loud, smart and talkative, walking, bicycling, skiing, ice hockey, watching the Patriots, the Bruins and the Red Sox (Woo Hoo.. Fenway Painters..My sister and brother in laws business that paint the Park and my nephew that paints the famous &quot;green monster&quot;) lighthouses, antiques, gardening, trying new restaurants, classic movies (love Cary Grant and Alfred Hitchcock), big band music, laughing and being around others that like to laugh, ghost stories - I love to hear other peoples experiences as I have so many to tell myself.

Posted 14 May 2007 - 07:57 PM

simply put, for me, finding GhostVillage community over 4 years ago through google is a miracle, because what it made me into, what it helped me realize and the people in my life, thanks to ghostvillage, is a miracle by itself! :Spaz: Everything to me, in one way or the other, came through GhostVillage and the connections I made here.

I have to agree with Moonchild. I accidentally found Ghost Village by googling ghost forums, as I wanted to post a photo of a "ghost" I had captured. I felt welcomed right away and loved reading everything on the board. GV has been a miracle. Even though I have never met and may never meet anyone on here, it is as if we have so much in common and all of us have such a connection and a support system for each other. I love it so much because I work from home and find myself isolated not working with others like I used to.

Other miracles.... I used to live 13 miles from where I live now. While riding my bike with a friend, my chain came off my bike far from home and got really stuck. A man came out of his house, got some tools and fixed my bike. Many years later, I found this man as I worked with him in a real estate office and realized he was the one "who saved my life", lol, we became best friends instantly and now he is my husband. We both remember that day like it was yesterday. Fate? Miracle? Both??

Also, 6 years ago, we had a cat that used to come around a couple of times a week, never hungry (she caught her own food), so I just figured it was a neighbor's cat roaming (even though we are far from any neighbors that have any pets). At the beginning of a nor'easter snowstorm which lasted 2 days with high winds and lots of snow, the cat was on our deck at our back slider and just would not leave. I felt so bad and took the cat in, thinking we would keep it safe during the storm. With no collar or tag, and a big belly and no luck in finding the owner, we took her to the vet to find out she was pregnant and due in a week. We never did find the owner and we kept her. She had 5 big tiger boys, 3 we kept, 2 my friend took. I thank my lucky stars for that 2 day nor'easter snowstorm. If it was not for that storm, we would have never taken the stray (Callie) in and who knows what would have happened to her 5 kittens.
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."-- Robert A. Heinlein

#14 Kira

Kira

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • Interests:Intellectual discussions about anything as long everyone respects all opinions given.<br /><br />My dogs, cooking, studying (yes), painting and decorating, and learning something new almost every day that I visit Ghostvillage.

Posted 14 May 2007 - 09:12 PM

I am truly blessed by miracles: too many to count, but here's a few.

My beautiful, 20 year old daughter Jessie, light of my life, is my heart. She came along the one and only time I did not use birth control properly. (long story, sorry if that's too personal). I always wanted a baby girl and I my dream came true.

The job req # for my current teaching job was 06-0863. Well, I knew I was going to get the job because my birthday is August 6, 1963.

My second husband has taught me to never give up on another human being, no matter how hopeless his/her life seems. *Expect a Miracle*

The students I teach are daily miracles becuase I learn about humanity, faith, and patience every day. When I see a student several years after he/she has graduated and they remember something I taught them, or we talked about in class, then it's truly a miracle to have made a difference in someone's life.

Finally, GV is a miracle, for the first time I know others are like me and I am not alone! :Spaz:

Kira

Edited by Kira, 14 May 2007 - 09:15 PM.

The Power of 8 Make Your Wishes Come True!<-Click Here Now

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users