Bigfoot found!

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#31 Atropa belladonna

Atropa belladonna

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests and hobbies. <br />I have enjoyed White Water Rafting down the Penobscot River, Dead River and Kennebec River all on several occasions, Hiking in the White Mountains, Camping, Taking Photographs, watching the horse pull's at Fryeburg Fair, Canning, Sewing, Scrap Booking, Fly Tying, My Artwork........<br /><br />Over the last few years; I have added vegetable gardening, to the job of getting my property back into shape. (it is amazing how well vegetable's mix into a flower garden)<br /><br />I love reading ghost stories and seeing programs on the paranormal.<br />My experiences with the paranormal began when I was still an infant and have continued to this day.

Posted 16 August 2008 - 12:28 PM

The never ending hoax's surrounding "Big Foot" are aggravating to say the least.
One of these days the perpetrators of a fake sighting will get themselves hurt, possibly even killed.
They will be foolishly traipsing about the woods making yet another fake photo or film; when someone who has no idea this is just a couple of idiots, with a big foot suite. Will then take a shot at it, thinking they are gona bag themselves a big foot.

I still believe there is something behind the legend, someday there will be evidence found to explain the legitimate sightings throughout the world.
Unfortunately all the past hoax's will make it much more difficult, when real proof is finally found.

There should be some sort of fine levied against these individuals, perhaps not as severe as faking a fire alarm or reporting a faults crime to the police, but enough to discourage others.

Time exists so everything doesn't happen at once.Space exists so everything doesn't happen to you.*

Be happy while you're living, for you're a long time dead.*-- Scottish Proverb

#32 meanderer

meanderer

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 01:44 PM

The never ending hoax's surrounding "Big Foot" are aggravating to say the least.
One of these days the perpetrators of a fake sighting will get themselves hurt, possibly even killed.
They will be foolishly traipsing about the woods making yet another fake photo or film; when someone who has no idea this is just a couple of idiots, with a big foot suite. Will then take a shot at it, thinking they are gona bag themselves a big foot.

I still believe there is something behind the legend, someday there will be evidence found to explain the legitimate sightings throughout the world.
Unfortunately all the past hoax's will make it much more difficult, when real proof is finally found.

There should be some sort of fine levied against these individuals, perhaps not as severe as faking a fire alarm or reporting a faults crime to the police, but enough to discourage others.

Ah....there'll never be any form of fine/punishment for making false claims of seeing Bigfoot. Where is the expenditure of public resources (as in, when someone reports a false fire, or a crime), where is the possible threat to public safety (as in shouting "fire" in a theatre)? There isn't any. These people claimed to have a body of a "bigfoot". Nobody was hurt. No law enforcement agency was dispatched. It was clearly a hoax, and they've gotten a good laugh.

You can pretty much tell, from the "news conference", that this was basically a way for this Bisardi character to advertise for his websites.

Think about it: If you were to stumble upon something like the remains of a "bigfoot"...are you going to keep it in a freezer until you can get this Biscardi guy to fly in from California; or would you be getting all the news agencies from your area in your yard as fast as you can? Would you keep this freezer in "an undisclosed location", or would you be sending it off to a reputable laboratory or medical college for immediate study and/or verification?

And, as for these "death threats" that these guys who claim to have found the corpse? C'mon...who's going to be making death threats about something like this? What would be the purpose to that? I can't see any reason. Except for the fact that this "discovery" has hurt the cryptozoology field pretty badly. The whole reason behind saying they were receiving death threats was to have an excuse for not publicly displaying this body. That's the only reason.

There probably is some creatures living in the unpopulated areas of our continent, our world. I have little doubt about that. But this was clearly a hoax from day 1.
Beannacht ort

#33 Atropa belladonna

Atropa belladonna

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests and hobbies. <br />I have enjoyed White Water Rafting down the Penobscot River, Dead River and Kennebec River all on several occasions, Hiking in the White Mountains, Camping, Taking Photographs, watching the horse pull's at Fryeburg Fair, Canning, Sewing, Scrap Booking, Fly Tying, My Artwork........<br /><br />Over the last few years; I have added vegetable gardening, to the job of getting my property back into shape. (it is amazing how well vegetable's mix into a flower garden)<br /><br />I love reading ghost stories and seeing programs on the paranormal.<br />My experiences with the paranormal began when I was still an infant and have continued to this day.

Posted 16 August 2008 - 03:27 PM

Ah....there'll never be any form of fine/punishment for making false claims of seeing Bigfoot. Where is the expenditure of public resources (as in, when someone reports a false fire, or a crime), where is the possible threat to public safety (as in shouting "fire" in a theatre)? There isn't any. These people claimed to have a body of a "bigfoot". Nobody was hurt. No law enforcement agency was dispatched. It was clearly a hoax, and they've gotten a good laugh.

You can pretty much tell, from the "news conference", that this was basically a way for this Bisardi character to advertise for his websites.

Think about it: If you were to stumble upon something like the remains of a "bigfoot"...are you going to keep it in a freezer until you can get this Biscardi guy to fly in from California; or would you be getting all the news agencies from your area in your yard as fast as you can? Would you keep this freezer in "an undisclosed location", or would you be sending it off to a reputable laboratory or medical college for immediate study and/or verification?

And, as for these "death threats" that these guys who claim to have found the corpse? C'mon...who's going to be making death threats about something like this? What would be the purpose to that? I can't see any reason. Except for the fact that this "discovery" has hurt the cryptozoology field pretty badly. The whole reason behind saying they were receiving death threats was to have an excuse for not publicly displaying this body. That's the only reason.

There probably is some creatures living in the unpopulated areas of our continent, our world. I have little doubt about that. But this was clearly a hoax from day 1.

meanderer,

True.
I suppose this will keep happening regardless, and a hoax by most standards could be chalked up to practical jokes.
Though no one was hurt and no tax payer's dollars were spent (I hope). It is still annoying.

I am sure quite few of the hoax's that got allot of media attention were just a means to an end, a quick inexpensive way to raise revenue. Free advertising. Either to get someone to buy a product or enhance tourist activity.

oh well, there is nothing to be done about it, but if this was all just to sell allot of costumes.... I hope they get infested with flee's then develop mange.

M

Time exists so everything doesn't happen at once.Space exists so everything doesn't happen to you.*

Be happy while you're living, for you're a long time dead.*-- Scottish Proverb

#34 plindboe

plindboe

Has a pseudoscience radar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • Interests:I'm an atheist and a skeptic regarding paranormal beliefs, but nonetheless I find other people's belief systems fascinating. I think it's important for people who hold different beliefs to discuss with, and learn from, one another. The free exchange of ideas are essential to progress, and it's no coincidence that mankind's two greatest ideas, democracy and science, are based on this.<br /><br />Feel free to message me, if you want to talk. :)

Posted 16 August 2008 - 04:29 PM

Ah, thanks Moon. ;)
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." (Bertrand Russell)

#35 apachedove

apachedove

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 01:20 AM

Well from looking at the thing in the freezer, I guess I need to report my
neighbor missing. It sure looks like him! :clap:

#36 cia_says77

cia_says77

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Interests:Computers, reading, writing poetry and songs, knitting, crochet, and of course the paranormal

Posted 17 August 2008 - 03:37 AM

So........... Has it been said for sure its a hoax?

#37 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,360 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 17 August 2008 - 11:49 AM

So........... Has it been said for sure its a hoax?

No, but in all possibility, it might be.

http://www.livescien...t-sighting.html

History repeats?

This is not the first time a Bigfoot body has been claimed to have been found. A man named Tom Biscardi, founder of something called the Great American Bigfoot Research Organization, once claimed he had captured a Bigfoot. On Aug. 19, 2005, Biscardi appeared on the radio show "Coast to Coast with George Noory." Biscardi claimed his group had captured a Bigfoot a week earlier, a male beast that weighed over 400 pounds and stood 8-feet tall. He said he would be presenting photos of it several days later. It turned out to be a hoax.

Interestingly, Biscardi is also involved in the new Bigfoot body discovery.

Speaking on behalf of the Georgia men this week, Biscardi said, "Extensive scientific studies will be done on the body by a team of scientists including a molecular biologist, an anthropologist, a paleontologist and other scientists over the next few months at an undisclosed location" under armed guard.

If it all sounds very cloak-and-dagger, it is. Unnamed experts? Undisclosed location? Sounds more like "The X-Files" than real science.

Marketing scheme?

In 2005, Biscardi promoted a pay-per-view cable TV show in which he offered viewers the chance to see a Bigfoot captured on live television for only $59.95. That never happened, but Biscardi did recently direct and produce a film called "Bigfoot Lives."

Surely the publicity from this press conference might boost his film's sales...

Bigfoot researcher Loren Coleman, while stopping short of authenticating the claims, wrote on the Web site Cryptomundo.com, "I feel, in all honesty, this, indeed, may be the real deal, and I say this carefully after reviewing information that has been shared privately with me."

So has a Bigfoot finally been found, after all these years? Or is this just the latest hoax to embarrass Bigfoot believers and bring further ridicule to a field sorely in need of science?

Apparently we will see.
Posted Image

#38 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 17 August 2008 - 12:43 PM

They aren't going to admit it, any more than, say....Amityville is going to admit it. The last time Biscardi got called out on C2C he shifted the blame onto the unnamed woman. Just google Bigfoot, the search will take you to many a website and forum that will detail the evidence of a hoax for you.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#39 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 17 August 2008 - 10:16 PM

Confirmed as a hoax (as if anyone really needed the offical announcement, but it's nice...lol)

GA Body Hoax

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#40 leonie

leonie

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Interests:&quot;We keep on going because of hope. The hope that one day for one moment we'll feel the total unwavering bliss of a second of happiness.&quot;

Posted 18 August 2008 - 04:30 PM

I can understand why people pull these huge hoaxs, like filming aliens and stuff, it sure gets people blood running. It gets them press and also its a test of their intelect as now things need to be extremely realistic for anyone to come remotely close to believing them, so in that respect I understand why people pull hoaxs but also when the real Bigfoot comes out of hiding, no ones going to believe that it has, same with aliens ect.

"Your just a beautiful freak, I wish there were more like you." - EelsPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#41 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 04:35 PM

Repercussion of doing something so idiotic...

ATLANTA, Georgia (CNN) -- The two men who claimed to have found the carcass of Bigfoot have surfaced to say: Hey, it was just a joke.
Matt Whitton has been fired from his job as a police officer because of his role in the hoax.

Matt Whitton has been fired from his job as a police officer because of his role in the hoax.

Not everyone is laughing.

In an exclusive interview with CNN affiliate WSB, the two hoaxers -- car salesman Rick Dyer and now-fired police officer Matt Whitton -- said the whole situation began as a joke and then got out of hand.

"It's just a big hoax, a big joke," Dyer said.

"It's Bigfoot," Dyer explained. "Bigfoot doesn't exist."

Whitton chimed in: "All this was a big joke. It got into something way bigger than it was supposed to be." Video Watch the two men explain their "joke"

At a news conference in California last week, the two men had stood by their claims that they had discovered Bigfoot's corpse and had it on ice. Scientific analysis would prove it, they said.

Not quite.

Now the two Georgia men admit that the hairy, icy blob was an Internet-purchased Sasquatch costume stuffed with possum roadkill and slaughterhouse leftovers.

Whitton and Dyer say that when they came up with the hoax, they had no idea it would become a media circus.

"It got legs and ran. It's crazy now," Dyer told WSB.

Co-hoaxer Whitton agrees: "It started off as some YouTube videos and a Web site. We're all about having fun."
Don't Miss

"Fun" isn't exactly how Clayton County Police Chief Jeff Turner sees it. He has kicked Whitton off the police force.

"He lied on national TV," Turner says of Whitton, "so a defense attorney now could say, 'How do we know you're not lying now?' "

Whitton and Dyer had announced that they had found the body of a 7-foot-7-inch, 500-pound half-ape, half-human creature while hiking in the north Georgia mountains in June. They also said they had spotted about three similar living creatures.

Still unclear is how much money Whitton and Dyer got out of the hoax.

Article w/Video
Either write things worth reading, Or do things worth the writing. Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users