• Please log in to reply
180 replies to this topic

#16 UnkleBunny

UnkleBunny

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 23 December 2003 - 12:19 AM

personally, a lot of my dream aimgery seriously disturbs me.... a lot of abstract, and deformed landscapes, and creatures.... colors all washed out.... but the thing that freaks me out the msot, is eyes, shining in the darkness...

#17 ghosthuntress16

ghosthuntress16

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 23 December 2003 - 05:55 AM

Well, Im a big baby - lots of things scare me. The thought of being attacked by someone and being taken away from the rest of civilization, like Elizabeth Smart - now that rates high on my list of scary things.
But, adhering to your request, kakka, the dark in general scares me. I'm one to turn on all the lights when Im home alone [smiley=cwm25.gif] I slept with a night light until I was hmmmm 8 or 9, I think. There is just something very unsettling about the dark that has frightened me for a long time.
Ouija boards also scare me, but that doesnt keep me away from them! I had a bad experience with one once, and it kinda stuck... but I still to everything I can to contact the other side, respectfully of course.
Well now would you look at that: A gal who's afraid of the dark, yet wants to creep around dark places and hunt ghosties for a living. If that's not weird, I dont know what is.
Believe as if your life depended on it, for indeed it does.

#18 UnkleBunny

UnkleBunny

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 23 December 2003 - 08:44 PM

ghostie, it's not bad at all... I myself still have some isses with complete darkness.. mostly, in that I tend to see shapes moving around it...so I tend to sleep with at least a small light on... also it helps me because I suffer from sleep paralysis, which can scare the living daylights out of you.... last time it hit me, I knew I was fully awake.. I could move my eyes, but my entire body was frozen, it was unresponsive. I could see my roommate on the couch, who told me, when I finally woke up, that I looked like I was twitching slightly... the thing that makes it, so horrifying, is that you're still "dreaming" in that your brain sends images, from some unemplicable place.... hovering, directly in front of my face, at least that I was seeing, was this face... of indescribable horror... I was terrified, yet all I could do, was lay there, while it hovered, right over me... no moving, no screaming, I couldn't even close my eyes again.....finally the episode passed, and i woke up, in a cold sweat, flailing.

#19 Sammy_Da_Cat

Sammy_Da_Cat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts
  • Interests:Buddhism, hiking, meditation, Tai Chi, Yoga, reading, spending quality time with my family, and of course the paranormal.

Posted 24 December 2003 - 10:55 PM

Clowns Especialy that Possesed Clown Doll that was for sale on Ebay a while ago. It should be destroyed. Its not right. It is my belife that all clowns are inheritnly evil and wil kill you in your sleep. Other than that nothing.

#20 s._maclennan

s._maclennan

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 27 December 2003 - 05:15 PM

Clowns Especialy that Possesed Clown Doll that was for sale on Ebay a while ago. It should be destroyed. Its not right. It is my belife that all clowns are inheritnly evil and wil kill you in your sleep. Other than that nothing.

Yes clowns are evil. Ronald McDonald even gives me the creeps. [smiley=cwm31.gif]

#21 ghosthuntress16

ghosthuntress16

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 31 December 2003 - 05:01 AM

YES! Ronald McDonald is one of the scariest clowns out there. I work at McD's, and we were in a meeting watching some etiquette video, and I was freaking out because that is one freaky clown.
THere was a possessed clown doll being sold on ebay?? creeeeeeeeepy  [smiley=cwm25.gif]
Believe as if your life depended on it, for indeed it does.

#22 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 31 December 2003 - 07:26 AM

*LOL*C'mon guys...how can the Clown who gave us the double Quarter pounder and the Big Mac be anything but a humanitarian [smiley=cwm17.gif]

If there's a double Big Mac in the works, he should be canonized
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#23 MoonChild

MoonChild

The One Within!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,087 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 31 December 2003 - 07:52 AM

Welcome to the circus where I fool around
I've got the killer smile, I'm a killer clown
Cover up your face - you've been found out
You laugh when there's nothing to smile about

Shoot all the clowns
Shoot 'em down, shoot 'em down, shoot 'em down

Take my hand and we'll go riding through the sunshine from above

#24 Rudolf168

Rudolf168

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 07:47 AM

I have a freak phobia of elevators....I have had numerous nightmares concerning them and I hate them at all costs...everytime I have to take one I grip the railing or wall and can't wait to get out of there...it's pretty weird actually because the fear didn't develop in me till a few years ago...I'm afraid of a few other things but that's the biggest one :(

#25 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 08:35 AM

Hi, Rudolf,
Its been theorized that a lot of phobias may have been carry-overs from a past life*drowning in a past life may and
can lead to a fear of deep water*

On a more or less conventional level of thought, it may mean
a repressed trauma or event from childhood that's re-manifested because of something else, a similar experience that your subconscious is associating with it
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#26 Rudolf168

Rudolf168

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 08:48 AM

Hmmm yes...I have heard the past-life theory before...I have forgotten all about that...most likely that is the case because I don't really think I'm surpressing anything from my childhood and my parents have never mentioned any "elevator" incidents so to speak :(  Interesting none-the-less...all I know is that the nightmares happen every few months or so and it's incredibly weird.

#27 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 09:09 AM

WOWSERS...I was going to ask if there were any dreams or nightmares, if it was falling or what not? Are you okay in tight quarters? Can it be symbolic of something else?

#28 Rudolf168

Rudolf168

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 10:22 AM

The weird thing is this - I'm not claustrophobic at all!  I don't mind tight spaces or anything...that part about elevators does not bother me.  In my dreams the elevator is usually out of control...sometimes it's falling super fast and other times it's rising so fast out of control - either way it's going at such a speed that I lift off the floor - and then other times the elevator isn't even moving...it's more of less losing grip in the shaft and tilting somehow...it's like whatever you can imagine an elevator to do - it's done it my dreams :/  I really don't understand it - especially since I didn't start having these dreams until I turned about 20 or so.

#29 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 03:27 PM

Hi, Rudolf,
Hmmmmm...I can think of two possible meanings*just my take, btw*one is a link to a past life, an earthquake, explosion or fire that caused a building to collapse. I want to say San Francisco in the beginning of the 20th century or even Chicago.

The other is a little more objective*gods forgive me, I'm turning Freudian*was there anything going on really bad in your life at the time? I mean, it may be a loss of control dream and that can be really terrifying, the elevator plummetting or rocking or just not responding to anything you do to reassert control

#30 hawkerdriver

hawkerdriver

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,087 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 06:43 PM

(You're gonna yell at me Drew!)  I guess I shouldn't bring up the fact an oriental doctor who was doing his internship down in one of Houston's hospital that was decapitated by an elevator a few months ago, should I?  NO! I WILL NOT GO STAND IN THE CORNER!!! Ain't kidding.
Bubbles are proof that ghosts exist.This person still under construction.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users