• Please log in to reply
180 replies to this topic

#31 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 06:48 PM

I heard about that too, and someone was trapped inside the elevator with the body when it happened
Posted Image

Myspace

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#32 Rudolf168

Rudolf168

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 07:09 PM

OMG!!!!!  How in the world did that happen? Yuck! ;)  Makes me even more scared of elevators now :(

#33 UnkleBunny

UnkleBunny

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 09:45 PM

me, myself am afraid of elevators, mostly, like Rudolf, I have dreams of them faliing, or letting go, or swinging, and just scaring me.. as I may not be afraid of hieights, but I'm TERRIFED of falling.

#34 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 03 January 2004 - 01:07 PM

*LOL*I agree...its not so much the height itself, its the distance you're falling /momentum when you hit the ground that creeps most people out
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#35 Rudolf168

Rudolf168

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 January 2004 - 01:33 PM

Exactly...same thing goes for airplane crashes....it's the moments falling - when you know you're falling and there's nothing you can do :(

#36 UnkleBunny

UnkleBunny

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 03 January 2004 - 02:44 PM

yeah, I can't even fall a short distance, without panicing....

now what I'm not sure what scares me more.. the fall, or that stop at the end?

#37 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 05 January 2004 - 08:49 AM

*ROFL*I travel every few months and I admit, I'm convinced the plane'll hit a mountain or go down in the Pacific, in the midst of frenzying great whites with can openers and cutting torches
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#38 UnkleBunny

UnkleBunny

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 06 January 2004 - 12:17 AM

yeah, I do get a little freaked, when i ride over bridges, and suddenly have waking nightmares of falling over the edge....also most of my dreams are full things I fear... but that's another post entirely.

#39 rockyroo

rockyroo

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 06 January 2004 - 10:53 AM

Satan!

#40 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 06 January 2004 - 03:06 PM

Hey, UnkleBunny,
Yeah, bridges used to bother me, too, walking across/driving across, my ex's dad broke my phobia by making me lean over a bridge over the Gennesee gorge back in NY...it took about an hour for me to unclench my eyes but it worked, no matter what car or truck passed by, the bridge didn't collapse.

If I may make a suggestion, UB, have you ever tried to control the elements of the dream, sprouting wings to keep from falling or naming a shadowy image? Another possibility is someone who can dream walk acting as an anchor/someone you can pull in

#41 UnkleBunny

UnkleBunny

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 06 January 2004 - 11:14 PM

yep... I do a lot of flying in my dreams, as well as resisting msot of the bad thingies... it's jsut my dreams over the years, have developed into something that's kind of hard to describe, without getting into details, that makes me sound nuts. mostly, I have a series of Dreamscapes, that i tend to come back to, with things inside of them, that defy logic, and whatnot...

#42 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 07 January 2004 - 06:15 AM

Hmmm...not going to pry since it sounds really personal, but have you considered that it may be just a subconscious fear or something you're anxious about?

[glow=red,2,300]HELP! I'm being held captive by militant Freudians![/glow]

#43 OwlGoddess

OwlGoddess

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 07 January 2004 - 08:46 AM

i think my greatest fears include getting kidnapped by some looney while i'm out shopping (although i'd give 'em a good judo run for their money before they had much success...), having to set foot inside of a funeral home (strangely enough i have a phobia about dead bodies - the absence of a soul is terribly disturbing to me - i don't ever want to see another dead relative), and having a child who ends up being a murderer.

OG
Life's waters flow from darkness; Search the darkness, don't run from it.--Rumi

#44 spiritdragon

spiritdragon

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 07 January 2004 - 10:15 AM

The things that scares me the most is losing the ability to breath,falling,and heights.

#45 lmackey

lmackey

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 07 January 2004 - 11:46 AM

I think I fear the anticipation more than I do a spirit itself.  Knowingly going somewhere I know is haunted can get me more upset than the experiences that happen there.  

I also hate those "Boo" times.  You know those times your really not expecting anything and then it happens suddenly.
lmackey, the (Ghost) Village Idiot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users