Free Skins
© Fisana

Photo

Franklin Castle

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you think it is right to start a club in a Haunted Location or should the spirits be left to their privacy?

Do you think it is right to start a club in a Haunted Location or should the spirits be left to their privacy?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 juliet_keller

juliet_keller

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts
  • Interests:Nursing, Softball, Kids, and My Man

Posted 27 August 2006 - 03:23 PM

Yeah, Duke it is in a bad area, but you know that one picture we posted a bit back in Spiritograpghy dept., was from another B&B one block down from the castle on the street, that B&B was actually built by the same architect in the same time period when the castle was done. So, I think a B&B can possibly be profitable in that area. Especially one so rich in history. I think that would be something to save a grand structure as that, you know they had a campaign as well to restore and save the Mansfield Reformatory that way too, it can be done. Andi, those pictures are a joke on his site. His site also has not been updated since 2005. He has an email address listed there, maybe I'll try and email him and see what's up, think I'll get a response...lol! I still have those pictures that we took a year ago inside the castle, I'll give them to Dave so he can scan them on here and you guys can see what we saw. As far as underground tunnels, Dave and I went all throughout the castle, I remember walking through an area in the back of the basement, but it didn't lead anywhere except for the other side of the basement. The original woodwork in exceptional in it, it's beautiful! I know I'd love to be able to finance it and restore it, but that's just impossible. Julie
You know our love was meant to be, the kind of love that lasts foreverAnd I want you here with, from tonight until the end of time,You're the meaning in my life, You're the inspiration,You bring feeling to my life, You're the inspiration,No one needs you more than I need you...You're the Inspiration~ChicagoI Love You, Baby!Julie and Dave are "The Spirit Stalkers of Ohio"www.thespiritstalkersofohio.webs.comCome see what we are all about, our galleries of evidence, and we would love for you to sign our guest book!

#32 Andi

Andi

Had to restrain self from licking the back of a semi

• PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a single mom here in NE Ohio who seems to have some special abilities when it comes to communicating with spirit. I love what I do but sometimes it's hard to explain to people why I can do this and why I would want to. That's why GV is such a cool place!<br /><br />I have 3 little kids, I'm a Reiki practitioner and I am a full time graphic designer. My current home is over 130 years old and has it's share of spirits, who have no intention of leaving.<br /><br />Nice to be here!<br />~ Andi

Posted 27 August 2006 - 04:16 PM

I am not sure that Historical Societies "purchase" historic places. From what I'm told, they just aquire them when they are city owned and then designate them as Historical sites. The city of Cleveland would be the owner. If the city wanted to own this place, I'm certain that they would have stepped up to the plate long ago. "Something" is keeping this place empty. It kind of gets you thinking. Can you even fathom what the cost of buying FC would be?
Reiki Master * Spirit Communication ReadingsI have CDO. ~ The police never think it's as funny as you do.

#33 damckie

damckie

My innersoul rides on a big fluffy cloud....

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts
  • Interests:Ghost Hunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hanging with my best friend and soulmate

Posted 27 August 2006 - 07:32 PM

Good Friend, Bad friend, he said, she said, so on and so forth. I still want to here what's going on with this place. As I stated earlier, this is a piece of Cleveland history, and to allow it to sit empty and rotting (in my opinion) is a crime.

I think the owner should get the right contractors in to finish the job, or sell to someone who will. Though I still think that ownership should go to the Ohio Historical Society.

I am sorry. My bullheadness got to me again. My bad! It is a shame that he didn't live out his dream. I was just wondering if the restoration was just a little to pricey or it just couldn't be done because of the way it is constructed. One day it will be back to it's original beauty. Dave
Two hearts drawn together bound by destiny. Every road leads to your door...."Will you still love me?" By Chicago. Love is the reason we'll never be alone. In love, in love.... "I believe." By Chicago. I LOVE YOU JULIET!!! The Spirit Stalker of Ohio "BREAK ON THROUGH TO THE OTHER SIDE" The Doors! GOOD DAVE HUNTING

#34 honeybee

honeybee

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 12:56 PM

i thought he had a partner and that he was being backed by someone else? i recently read that he was considered a scam with the whole club idea!? did anyone else read this? i had been on a tour of the castle and he was telling people to take pictures of his face because all of the pictures taken with his face in them had orbs. he clained that the ghosts liked what he was doing with the place. i found them to be dust orbs.

I read the same thing. I believe he even got some money from people for "DUES" for the private club and no one has seen their money.

Oh and by the way I am new here, only found this site yesterday but i notice a lot of people from OHIO in here.

#35 beccaluvsghostsntexas

beccaluvsghostsntexas

Looking for some frozen butt snowfairies.......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts
  • Interests:Anything paranormal!

Posted 06 September 2006 - 01:12 PM

Duke if you do that or know of it happening, please let me know I would LOVE to donate!
It's just Becca Posted Image

#36 damckie

damckie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts
  • Interests:Ghost Hunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hanging with my best friend and soulmate

Posted 06 September 2006 - 03:14 PM

i thought he had a partner and that he was being backed by someone else? i recently read that he was considered a scam with the whole club idea!? did anyone else read this? i had been on a tour of the castle and he was telling people to take pictures of his face because all of the pictures taken with his face in them had orbs. he clained that the ghosts liked what he was doing with the place. i found them to be dust orbs.

I read the same thing. I believe he even got some money from people for "DUES" for the private club and no one has seen their money.

Oh and by the way I am new here, only found this site yesterday but i notice a lot of people from OHIO in here.

Welcome Honeybee to Ghostvillage! You will like this site. There are some pretty amazing information that you can suck up here on this site! :hug: Have fun! Dave
Two hearts drawn together bound by destiny. Every road leads to your door...."Will you still love me?" By Chicago. Love is the reason we'll never be alone. In love, in love.... "I believe." By Chicago. I LOVE YOU JULIET!!! The Spirit Stalker of Ohio "BREAK ON THROUGH TO THE OTHER SIDE" The Doors! GOOD DAVE HUNTING

#37 Oniix

Oniix

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 04:35 PM

It's sounding as though it's hard to take what the guy was saying as truth. He may tell you one thing, but how do you know he's telling the truth. he may have gotten cranky about the photos becuase of "lack of progress" and didn't want anyone to see that.

Who's to say.

#38 juliet_keller

juliet_keller

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 10:00 AM

Well, we will find out soon enough won't we....I'm in the process of setting up an early evening tour through the castle Sept. 16th, but I do have to say if there are things that Charles does not want mentioned, we will respect his wishes. I'm excited about getting in there though!!! Julie
You know our love was meant to be, the kind of love that lasts foreverAnd I want you here with, from tonight until the end of time,You're the meaning in my life, You're the inspiration,You bring feeling to my life, You're the inspiration,No one needs you more than I need you...You're the Inspiration~ChicagoI Love You, Baby!Julie and Dave are "The Spirit Stalkers of Ohio"www.thespiritstalkersofohio.webs.comCome see what we are all about, our galleries of evidence, and we would love for you to sign our guest book!

#39 honeybee

honeybee

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 02:56 PM

Well, we will find out soon enough won't we....I'm in the process of setting up an early evening tour through the castle Sept. 16th, but I do have to say if there are things that Charles does not want mentioned, we will respect his wishes. I'm excited about getting in there though!!! Julie

I am not far from the Castle and have always wanted to go inside. I hope to see some of your photos when you do go.

#40 AbbeyGal

AbbeyGal

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 06:00 PM

I just had a thought, though I haven't got the first idea on how to get it going. But anyhow, What if some of us enthusiasts started a "Save the Castle" non-profit organiztion aimed at raising funds for the purchase and restoration and eventual donation to the Historical Society?????

That is assuming there is enough public interest in saving the castle.

Good luck! Speaking as someone who volunteers at a few non-profit orgs involved in historic preservation, I think it's worthwhile to try to restore the place. However, it is extremely difficult to raise money for that sort of thing. You would be further hindered by the fact that since it is in a rough neighborhood, the useability of the place after restoration would be limited. Don't count on the Cleveland or Ohio Historical Societies being able to take it over after it's been restored. Chances are they'd like to, but couldn't afford to maintain it.

Is the castle on the National Register of Historic Places? If not, I would suggest working to get it on that. That'll make it much easier to get grants from the government and private foundations to help with the restoration. But you will have to own the place before they will give you money to restore it. That's your biggest hurdle. Once the building is bought, you could easily have some income renting the place out for ghosthunts like the OSR in Mansfield and Prospect Place do. Keep in mind that the income from that will probably not allow you to restore it as quickly as you'd like, though, and your insurance costs may be higher if you let the public in. You could also recruit ghost hunters to volunteer to help with the physical labor involved in the restoration. Having access to the place on a regular basis would be a godsend to a lot of investigators, even if they had to work hard for it.

Does Cleveland have an organization devoted soley to historic preservation? They would be a better resource to get advice from than a general historical society. You could also contact the historic preservation office at the Ohio Historical Society. I would suggest talking to people from other historic buildings to find out how the funds were raised to restore their places, as well.

Are there any descendents of the original owners still around? They may be interested in helping in the restoration efforts. And do your damnedest to get some press for the restoration project. The more people that know about it, the more potential donors and volunteers you have.

That's all I can think of offhand to help. I will keep my fingers crossed that they current owners have to default on the loan or something so that you can buy it as inexpensively as possibe.

#41 S.finley300

S.finley300

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 05:25 PM

Hi My name is Shannon Finley. I'm a senior at Avon Lake High School. My college comp teacher has informed us that we have to do an 8 page research paper on a topic we are interested in. My friends and i were talking to my father about haunted house. Of course near every halloween my parents tell me about Franklins Castle. I have grown up all my life hearing about it. My parents use to drive by there with me when i was younger. My parents grew up on Franklin. They said that they use to work in Franklins Castle when it was a haunted house. My dad tells me of stories where he has been in the secret passages and tunnels. I figured this would be a great topic to do my paper on. I am very interested in learning more about it. If anyone has any information or stories i would love to hear them. My father and I are planning on visiting the castle very soon. We are both dieing to go inside but I don't think thats going to happen. I guess photos of the outside are going to have to work. But if anyone has been lucky enough to go inside if you have any pictures I would love to see them

#42 DukeofBoogie

DukeofBoogie

Did the Time Warp at his wedding!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,274 posts
  • Interests:The Paranormal, Rock music, Movies, History (Especially the American Civil War), and spending time with my wife and daughter.

Posted 30 October 2006 - 05:03 AM

Hi Shannon. Welcome to GV. Check out the Book, Haunted Ohio 3, well I think it's 3. There's a write up on Franklin Castle in there. You can find these books in most local book stores. I know Borders and B. Dalton have them in their Local sections. There by Chris Woodyard. It may help you with your report.
http://www.facebook....59567008?v=wallhttp://www.cdbaby.co...eblackriverboyshttp://www.zoarcivilwar.com/In great deeds something abides. On great fields something stays.....Spirits linger, to consecrate ground for the vision place of souls. And reverent men and women from afar, and generations that know us not and that we know not of, heart-drawn to where and by whom great things were suffered and done for them, shall come to this deathless field, to ponder and dream; and lo! The shadow of a mighty presence shall wrap them in its bosom, and the power of the vision pass into thier soles.-Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

I've been hit byPosted Image mrsspookypants

#43 juliet_keller

juliet_keller

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 08:53 PM

There was an article just posted in the Cleveland Plain Dealer about the Castle. I will post it up tomorrow, but it looks like Charles owes quite a bit of money to everyone and sheriff sales will be pending soon on this tragic place. Julie

#44 honeybee

honeybee

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 03:19 PM

I found this below on a The franklin Castle my space page. Has any one else heard any recent news?

Oct 17 2008 12:45 PM

Tour the Franklin Castle

We have Tours scheduled for Friday, October 17th, at 6:30PM / 10:00PM and Saturday, October 18th at 6:00PM and 9:00PM. The Tours last 2 hours and include food and refreshments ( beer and wine 21+). We start in the Carriage House and then I take the group on a guided tour of the entire Castle. Afterwards there is time to look around on your own. The Tours are a $25 donation per person which goes to OCPR (Ohio City Preservation and Restoration Society). Call the Castle number below to book you spots on this weekends Tours. We will have other Tours in October, but many are already booked. Call the Castle office each week to check availability.

Thank You,

Charles Milsaps
OCPR
Franklin Castle Club
4308 Franklin Blvd.

Cleveland, OH 44113
216/631~2582

#45 damckie

damckie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 04:21 PM

I found this below on a The franklin Castle my space page. Has any one else heard any recent news?

Oct 17 2008 12:45 PM

Tour the Franklin Castle

We have Tours scheduled for Friday, October 17th, at 6:30PM / 10:00PM and Saturday, October 18th at 6:00PM and 9:00PM. The Tours last 2 hours and include food and refreshments ( beer and wine 21+). We start in the Carriage House and then I take the group on a guided tour of the entire Castle. Afterwards there is time to look around on your own. The Tours are a $25 donation per person which goes to OCPR (Ohio City Preservation and Restoration Society). Call the Castle number below to book you spots on this weekends Tours. We will have other Tours in October, but many are already booked. Call the Castle office each week to check availability.
It sounds like he is up to his old tricks again. He must be strapped for cash. From what I understand is that he owes some serious money to the people that helped him re-model the castle. I don't trust him one bit. But I will "donate" just to go behind the walls of this famous castle! I'll be there! Dave

Thank You,

Charles Milsaps
OCPR
Franklin Castle Club
4308 Franklin Blvd.

Cleveland, OH 44113
216/631~2582

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users