Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

Creepiest Destinations>

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

Poll: Which is the World's Creepiest Destination?

Which is the World's Creepiest Destination?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 CastleBee

CastleBee

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • Interests:Animals, Art, Photography, Traveling, Reading, and Gardening.

Posted 10 October 2004 - 03:57 PM

BTW: Loved your B&W shots PariahPeace - very nice!

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."- Ghandi, In Philosophy

#17 gjross74

gjross74

Villager

• NMPI
  • 207 posts
  • Interests:Well for the most part, NMPI is what I spend most of my time working on. Mostly research lately. But outside of that, cars, car audio, and anything to do with racing.

Posted 10 October 2004 - 04:20 PM

I don't think I find any location "creepy." I find all locations to be educational. There is one place in the poll that I would love to visit, and that is The Bermuda Triangle. I have always found the B.T. to be very interesting, and have always wanted to pay a visit. Sorry I don't find any place "creepy" so I can't really take your poll, but now you have my input on where I find to be the most interesting place in the world.
OK, SO I MAY BE OUT OF MY MIND! YOU JUST GOTTA WORK WITH ME HERE! --THE RESEARCH GOD! -- NMPI

#18 MrGrey

MrGrey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts
  • Interests:Guitar, mountain biking and general fitness, and ofcourse anything supernaturel, and now also Red vs Blue.

Posted 10 October 2004 - 04:58 PM

yeah me too gjross, i find the bermuda triangle to be one of the most interesting places in the world, i've read so many stories about it over the years............i'd love to take a ship out into those waters just to see for myself what goes on in there.
You're sorta stuck where you areBut, in your dreams you can buy expensive cars,or live on mars and have it your wayAnd you hate your boss at your jobwell in your dreams you can blow his head offin your dreams show no mercy]Posted Image

#19 ghost_chaser_girl

ghost_chaser_girl

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 November 2004 - 03:52 AM

Hey Vamp, where did your quote come from? I can't place it, but i swear I've read it or heard it or something! lol
So..What do you do for a living? Professional Killer...Oh..You get benefits with that?Which conversation shall we join?The one least likely to involve gunfireYes, I love John Cusack. He's such a hottie.

#20 Staypuft

Staypuft

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 27 November 2004 - 01:59 AM

You forgot Simms Cemetary in Athens, OH and The Hucklebuck Dance Hall in Wapokaneta, WA

#21 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 27 November 2004 - 11:58 AM

The Hucklebuck Dance Hall in Wapokaneta, WA

Would it be possible for you to show an online reference to this place. That will prove it exist and not just made up. Not worried about the haunting, just the fact that there is a Hucklebuck Dance Hall.
Welcome to ghostvillage, home of 24,000+ smiling faces and a few old grouches."Some things have to be believed to be seen"Ralph Hodgson

#22 tss

tss

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 27 November 2004 - 12:23 PM

None of those places sound creepy to me. Sorry. Now if you would have mentioned that house in Amityville ... I would have voted for that. Or the house from this Pig Grunt story ... I would have picked it. Or, better yet, anwhere with that Annabelle doll ... that would have been a vote I would have cast.
Sincerely,tssserious fix ... because you have the attention span of a goldfish.

#23 MELLY

MELLY

Loves Firemen!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts
  • Interests:Reading, gardening, my daughters and grandchildren, travel. I collect dolls, first edition signed novels, and love architectual salvage!

Posted 03 December 2004 - 01:32 PM

I chose New Orleans but think St. Francisville Louisiana is more haunted, but was not a choice.
Religious people fear going to hell. Spiritual people have already been there.

#24 MELLY

MELLY

Loves Firemen!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts
  • Interests:Reading, gardening, my daughters and grandchildren, travel. I collect dolls, first edition signed novels, and love architectual salvage!

Posted 06 December 2004 - 02:14 PM

Vampchick my favorite restaraunt in NOLA is Court of the Three Sisters, in the heart of the French Quarter. If you have opportunity to do their Sunday brunch...it is the best..great prices, impeccable service...go very very hungry, you will not be disappointed.

#25 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 06 December 2004 - 05:15 PM

Actually St Francisville is haunted in many aspects in areas besides the Myrtles Plantations. As far as an area is concerned New Orleans has it hands down. But the state of Louisiana itself is a strange and mystical place indeed.

Oh and welcome to gv MELLY, I hope we dont let you down. BTW do you live in Louisiana or have you just visited the area.
Welcome to ghostvillage, home of 24,000+ smiling faces and a few old grouches."Some things have to be believed to be seen"Ralph Hodgson

#26 MELLY

MELLY

Loves Firemen!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 06 December 2004 - 05:24 PM

Thanks CajunKnight, No I do not live in Louisiana but have visited many many times. I even spent several days on a house boat on John's Bayou last year - what an experience! I could live in many parts of the state quite easily, I love it! I just posted one of St Francisville experiences in Personal Encounters.

#27 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 06 December 2004 - 05:32 PM

You're welcome and I am glad you enjoyed your visit. I hope you come back any chance you get. ;)

#28 AndyCT

AndyCT

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Interests:Reading (Horror, Sci-Fi, Fantasy)<br />Spending time with friends and family<br />Computers<br />TV

Posted 06 December 2004 - 05:54 PM

hmm i wudnt vote ne of them,

Poveglia is the creepiest place i can think of
"Evil Unchecked Grows, Evil Tolerated Poisons The Whole System" - Jawaharlal Nehru"Through Avarice, Evil Smiles; Through Insanity, It Sings" - Anonymous

#29 beccaluvsghostsntexas

beccaluvsghostsntexas

Looking for some frozen butt snowfairies.......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 985 posts
  • Interests:Anything paranormal!

Posted 08 December 2004 - 06:50 PM

I voted for New Orleans not because of the hauntings, but because of all of the other things, the voodoo & all of the stuff that Vampy talked about....BUT, had Chillingham Castle been on the list then I would have voted for it. That is one creepy castle there!
It's just Becca Posted Image

#30 Chaama5

Chaama5

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Reading,Crafting, Ghost Hunting and Spendig time with my family.

Posted 10 December 2004 - 12:28 PM

[B][SIZE=7][COLOR=purple]

HI All Has anyone heard of Hotel MONTELEONE In New Orleans, My Mom and Step Father Just stayed there Last week and had a very Frightening Experience there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users