Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

Creepiest Destinations>

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

Poll: Which is the World's Creepiest Destination?

Which is the World's Creepiest Destination?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 crsblonde8908

crsblonde8908

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 December 2004 - 01:06 AM

[FONT=Arial][B]Hey im new... i love new orleans... the only thing is that they hae so many ghosts there

#32 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 16 December 2004 - 01:42 PM

New Orleans...Lalaurie Mansion and The Beauregard-Keyes House are incredibly creepy places...though I would like to venture to see Lizzie Bordon's House
Either write things worth reading,
Or do things worth the writing.

#33 cheshirekat

cheshirekat

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:Ecology, Hiking, Backpacking, reading, writing, and the paranormal.

Posted 02 November 2005 - 01:13 AM

Wow, I am outnumbered with votes for New Orleans, but Gettysburgh is pretty darn creepy. I am pretty sensitive but my husband is not at all, and he was overwhelmed with grief and an eirieness when we went to Gettysburgh. You can definately feel it there, sensitive or not, and when the sun goes down it gets stronger. It leaves you with a sadness and reverence for the deaths of 13,000 men and boys that you will never forget. I am not much of a Christian, but I have only been to one other place in the US where the blood cries out from the ground in that way, and it was Wounded Knee. New Orleans was creepy but Gettysburgh was in a whole different league of its own.

#34 jenbrown

jenbrown

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Interests:Haunted anything, movies and Disney!

Posted 09 November 2005 - 05:14 PM

Despite the hustle and bustle and glitz of Hollywood, it's a pretty creepy place at night. Just to see a movie in one of the many old haunted theaters off the boulevard, makes you not want to get up in the dark mid-movie and go to the restroom. Of course I voted for New Orleans, old and macabre through out!
"Serpents and spiders, tail of a rat. Call in the spirits, wherever they’re at!Rap on a table, it’s time to respond. Send us a message from somewhere beyond!Goblins and ghoulies from last Halloween, awaken the spirits with your tambourine! Creepies and crawlies... toads in a pond! Let there be music from regions beyond.Wizards and witches, wherever you dwell – give us a hint by ringing a bell!" Madame Leota

#35 cooolchick647

cooolchick647

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 05:23 AM

Bermuda Triangle hands down....i dont think that there is anymore mysterious place than it......most other hauntings can be explained as the triangle cant and probably never will.....

Perhaps the methane bubbles but who knows.....why isnt this a phenomon(spelling?) all around the world then.....

you decide.
The hardest thing in life to learn is which bridge to cross, and which to burn. And don't worry because the world will still be broken tomorrow.Posted Image</a>Posted Image Posted Image

#36 DukeofBoogie

DukeofBoogie

Did the Time Warp at his wedding!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts
  • Interests:The Paranormal, Rock music, Movies, History (Especially the American Civil War), and spending time with my wife and daughter.

Posted 17 November 2005 - 09:57 AM

Well, so far, I've only visited Gettysburg, and Salem. I'll let you know about the others whe ni get a chance to go. And I hope that's before I'm too old to walk around them. lol
http://www.facebook....59567008?v=wallhttp://www.cdbaby.co...eblackriverboyshttp://www.zoarcivilwar.com/In great deeds something abides. On great fields something stays.....Spirits linger, to consecrate ground for the vision place of souls. And reverent men and women from afar, and generations that know us not and that we know not of, heart-drawn to where and by whom great things were suffered and done for them, shall come to this deathless field, to ponder and dream; and lo! The shadow of a mighty presence shall wrap them in its bosom, and the power of the vision pass into thier soles.-Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

I've been hit byPosted Image mrsspookypants

#37 Grim Undertakings

Grim Undertakings

Voted most likely to be a janitor in Highschool

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 28 January 2006 - 12:15 PM

Out of the list, I picked the Tower Of London. I can't even begin to imagine the sorrow that was experienced in that place. :Spaz:

#38 Ghosthunters18

Ghosthunters18

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Interests:Pretty much I like to hang in paranormal websites...watch movies...go on ghosthunts...been doing tha paranormal thang for now like a year and 9 months...that's our team in the photo above...I'm tha guy in tha red shirt!!

Posted 27 February 2006 - 01:48 PM

New Orleans

#39 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,555 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 11 March 2006 - 06:23 PM

I have heard good things about the Tower of London...thats one place I'd love to check out.
Check out my artwork at: http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#40 GhostCat

GhostCat

Certified husband trainer....guaranteed he won't track dirt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,593 posts
  • Interests:Travelling New England by land and sea, local history, houses - as I am a real estate appraiser, I teach Special Education too, love all the kids I work with... they teach me too, lol, and add lots of smiles to my day....my cats, my goffin cockatoo parrot that is loud, smart and talkative, walking, bicycling, skiing, ice hockey, watching the Patriots, the Bruins and the Red Sox (Woo Hoo.. Fenway Painters..My sister and brother in laws business that paint the Park and my nephew that paints the famous &quot;green monster&quot;) lighthouses, antiques, gardening, trying new restaurants, classic movies (love Cary Grant and Alfred Hitchcock), big band music, laughing and being around others that like to laugh, ghost stories - I love to hear other peoples experiences as I have so many to tell myself.

Posted 11 March 2006 - 07:35 PM

My choice was the Lizzie Borden Bed and Breakfast in Fall River. I wrote about my experience there and took the photo of the ghostly misty image sitting on "the couch were Andrew was found axed to death". It is posted in the "Spiritoghraphy Section, page 4" on this forum. I still have the spooks from that place, I have not been able to go back not to even consider spending the night there like I had planned.

I live close to Salem, Ma (within 1/2 hour). I have never felt anything spooky there. I have been to Gettysburg and could just feel the "death" there on those battlefields, it was a morbid place. I also visited the Tower of London, did not feel anything there. The last time I was there was in the 1980's and London was a disappointment, so dirty and the air was filled with fumes that I had a headache the whole time there. I went on a boat ride on the Thames River and the river was so dirty and smelly and filled with debris floating by.
I waited for hours, felt like about 3 hours, to see the Queens Jewels in the Tower of London, only to find out when you get in the room, you can't actually stand still and look at them or you will get screamed at to keep on
moving. Prior to that, there was some type of museum and I took a picture of a really huge coat of arms and had my camera literally ripped out of my hand by a "Bobby...or could have been a Beafeater". He took my camera and opened it and took out the film and kept it, I was about 16 years old at the time......some big security threat !!

Lizzie Borden Bed and Breakfast :darth: Go there if you have the chance.
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."-- Robert A. Heinlein

#41 Vivienne_DuBois

Vivienne_DuBois

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 11 March 2006 - 07:43 PM

Well, if I'm choosing from the list, my first choice would be Haunted Hollywood (I love classic films and would absolutely adore running into Monty Clift at the Roosevelt Hotel). Gettysburgh would be my second choice because I'm very sensitive to spirits of soldiers.

Off the list, I'd love to visit: Waverly Hills TB Sanatorium, Sunland in Tallahassee (if it wasn't so decrepit, now), and the White House would be fascinating to visit, as well. Perhaps, even see the spirit of Abraham Lincoln?

Viv

#42 greenman

greenman

Creepy

• PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Interests:orchids<br />paganism<br />gardening<br />ghosts<br />paranormal activity<br />reading <br />writing

Posted 12 March 2006 - 06:58 PM

Considering the tragedy the New Orleans has had in the past and the whammy it got recently from Hurricane Katrina, (which also did a number on those of us living here in the Miami area) I think this place has got to be one of the most haunted and creepy destinations out there.

P.S. Does anyone know how the hanuted locals in and around the New Orleans area fared with Katrina?

P.P.S. I want through Hurricane Andrew and my heart goes out to the residents who live in the mdidle Gulf Coast. I hope they are able to get back on their feet soon. :D

Edited by greenman, 12 March 2006 - 07:00 PM.

"The circle is open but unbroken. Blessed Be"Posted Image Posted Image

#43 Grim Undertakings

Grim Undertakings

Voted most likely to be a janitor in Highschool

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 07:34 PM

My choice was the Lizzie Borden Bed and Breakfast in Fall River. I wrote about my experience there and took the photo of the ghostly misty image sitting on "the couch were Andrew was found axed to death". It is posted in the "Spiritoghraphy Section, page 4" on this forum. I still have the spooks from that place, I have not been able to go back not to even consider spending the night there like I had planned.

I live close to Salem, Ma (within 1/2 hour). I have never felt anything spooky there. I have been to Gettysburg and could just feel the "death" there on those battlefields, it was a morbid place. I also visited the Tower of London, did not feel anything there. The last time I was there was in the 1980's and London was a disappointment, so dirty and the air was filled with fumes that I had a headache the whole time there. I went on a boat ride on the Thames River and the river was so dirty and smelly and filled with debris floating by.
I waited for hours, felt like about 3 hours, to see the Queens Jewels in the Tower of London, only to find out when you get in the room, you can't actually stand still and look at them or you will get screamed at to keep on
moving. Prior to that, there was some type of museum and I took a picture of a really huge coat of arms and had my camera literally ripped out of my hand by a "Bobby...or could have been a Beafeater". He took my camera and opened it and took out the film and kept it, I was about 16 years old at the time......some big security threat !!

Lizzie Borden Bed and Breakfast :) Go there if you have the chance.

I would also like to visit the Lizzie Borden B&B, and also the Waverly Hills Sanatorium. I'm closer to the B&B so I'll probably get there first. I hear the reservations are booked for about a year in advance or something like that though. :angry:

#44 Chimera

Chimera

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 06:48 AM

Roswell for the aliens.

#45 orb-energy

orb-energy

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:Any thing paranormal, reptiles, and cars.

Posted 11 April 2006 - 02:38 PM

I think dudley town is the creepiest destination i think.
To know the character of a community, I need only visit its cemeteries. -Benjamin Franklin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users