Knighton Gorges

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ChrisR

ChrisR

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal<br />My Suzuki GSX-R600<br />Football<br />Sharks<br />Industrial &amp; Trance Music

Posted 21 May 2005 - 02:48 PM

Hi
Though i'd tell everyone about a really haunted spot on the Isle of Wight. About 4 miles away from where i live is a place called Knighton Gorges. It's the most haunted place on the island and attracts ghost hunters from around the globe. There used to be a Manor house on the site but it was knocked down in 1821 after the last owner died. The house reappears at midnight on new years eve full with phantom revellers. Two ghostly stone creatures which sometimes resemble griffins- other times lions haunt the two stone gateposts which stand at the bottom of the drive which leads up to the old house site. A carraige and horses rides through the gateposts and has been seen on Knighton shute which is the road which goes by the Gorges - it's usually seen on the 4th of july. A headless horseman also haunts Knighton shute and has been seen riding up to the manor house. Other ghosts at Knighton include a women with no face, a women in a ball gown, a phantom hound, a ghost car which haunts the top of Knighton shute, and other ghostly figures. Poltergeist lights have been seen around the gateposts and have been caught on camera. A women visiting the site on a hot summers day a few years ago was violently sick as she felt ghostly hands around her throat- a poltergeist light appears on the photo they took. Ghostly music is heard on the sight usually around midnight and bloodthirsty screams have been heard in the dead of the night. There are a lot of locals who won't even drive past the site even in the day. There have been some spectacular sightings at knighton through the years.
Posted Image

#2 cathylj73

cathylj73

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,296 posts
  • Interests:Animals, paranormal, Kids

Posted 26 May 2005 - 12:26 PM

Chris do you ever try to get evp's from these places? Makes me want to hop on a jet and come see it LOL

(facebook) cathyld73@yahoo.com

#3 Dodi

Dodi

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • Interests:Lighthouses, Suprnatural, Photography, Cemeteries, Abandon Buildings (especially Hospitals, or Insane Asylums), learning new things...

Posted 26 May 2005 - 06:16 PM

:wave: I really have to get out of New England!!! LOL< Have you gone there and got any pictures? If so, guess what, I'de love to see them! :whee:
Life, you gotta love it, the humor of it all! After all, isn't that what life is, one big joke???Dodie

#4 Dodi

Dodi

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • Interests:Lighthouses, Suprnatural, Photography, Cemeteries, Abandon Buildings (especially Hospitals, or Insane Asylums), learning new things...

Posted 11 June 2005 - 08:55 AM

:D Hey Chris, After talking a few times in Chat I've been checking and learned that the Isle is the most haunted isle in Britan. Very interesting. I'd like to see more post and hear more from you on it. You must have plenty of stories to tell so keep them comming OK.

Dodie :hug2:
Life, you gotta love it, the humor of it all! After all, isn't that what life is, one big joke???Dodie

#5 bazclack

bazclack

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 January 2006 - 06:36 PM

:( Hey Chris, After talking a few times in Chat I've been checking and learned that the Isle is the most haunted isle in Britan. Very interesting. I'd like to see more post and hear more from you on it. You must have plenty of stories to tell so keep them comming OK.

Dodie :wow:

and heres me in the Isle of Wight on the 1st of Jan and I missed it.

BAD_WORD :wow:

#6 bazclack

bazclack

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 01:12 PM

I had a trip there today, how cool is that place. I heard horses approaching but no sign of any on the roads and the whole place was very eerie.

Im just deciding if I dare go back tonight!

I had a trip there today, how cool is that place. I heard horses approaching but no sign of any on the roads and the whole place was very eerie.

Im just deciding if I dare go back tonight!

#7 bazclack

bazclack

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 03:23 PM

Well to say Im shocked is an understatment. Attached are pics from today, the bottom left a face can clearly be seen. Ive edited the pic to show the area and coloured the outline to display it easily. Apart from the white lines, nothing has been done to the pics.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 Dodi

Dodi

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 06:40 PM

Whirly Dude I've read quite a bit about the place and many others reciently on the IOW. Thanks to Chris who sent me a mess of books to read about the place. I really would like to get over there and check it out for myself. I'de love to take some pictures of the Island.

Dodie Whirly Dude

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users