what do you have in your ghost hunting gear

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1 snakebiteoftexas

snakebiteoftexas

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts
  • Interests:searching for haunted places as i drive cross country in my 18 wheeler with my lovely wife and meeting people to go ghost hunting with and playing fantasy sports

Posted 12 July 2006 - 11:54 PM

just wondering what everyone uses i have 35 mm cam 400 and 800 speed film cam corder compass ir theremometer tripod for cams emf meter does anyone use anything else thanks for any imput
Posted ImageWWW.SOUTHERNSPIRITSEEKERSOCIETY.COM

#2 Morbid

Morbid

Thinks the jelly runs out of the peanut butter sandwich in head

• PipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 12:06 AM

I probably have the lowest ammount of gear. I carry a digital camera, flashlight, duct tape, and usually cigarette in hand.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.The law of Chaos.

#3 snakebiteoftexas

snakebiteoftexas

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts
  • Interests:searching for haunted places as i drive cross country in my 18 wheeler with my lovely wife and meeting people to go ghost hunting with and playing fantasy sports

Posted 13 July 2006 - 12:59 AM

i smoke but never never when hunting they are a no no no :clap: :Wall: sometimes i really want one to :clap:

scared to ask about the duct tape ;)

#4 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 13 July 2006 - 02:10 AM

I use these items regularly...

VHS camcorder with low lux capability.
35 mm camera
digital camera
Gaussmaster EMF detector
laser thermometer
RF detector
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#5 Morbid

Morbid

• PipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 07:00 AM

Why is it you don't smoke when hunting? The only reason I won't is if I'm in someone else's house or if I'm snappin' 'em off. I don't like the "smoke ecto".

#6 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 13 July 2006 - 07:48 AM

-multiple 35mm cameras/using only 400 speed film
-multiple full size cassette recorders
-I/R Thermometer
-Sony Handicam-Hi8 with night shots and tripod
-Two Security camera set-ups that record to VCR via coaxial cable. No wireless and they are on tripods.
-Monitors for the security cams so they can be watched during the investigation
-hand-held radios for team communication
-digital camera only used for mapping purposes-NEVER used in paranormal investigations.
-tool box with plug cheaters, batteries for equipment, tools, extra tapes and film. Barrel connectors for coax.
-many long extension cords.
-our newest addition...a 4000 watt generator to operate the equipment if no available electricity at the site.

My "bag" consists of 4 large totes that everything fits into fairly nicely. Kyle also has a tote for his equipment, so when we come to your house to investigate there is a lot of equipment to haul there.

There are a few smokers on our team too but we never smoke during an investigation and no photos are allowed during a time when someone is smoking. We do take smoke breaks that are outside and away from all cameras and no still photos are allowed during this time. Professionalism is paramount during an investigation.

Edited by krcguns, 13 July 2006 - 07:50 AM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#7 Morbid

Morbid

• PipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 08:07 AM

I only do it for friends at the moment because in my area ghosts are taboo, but anyone who can get rid of them that is not a Christian or Catholic leader is even more taboo. So I don't need much professionalism yet.

#8 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 13 July 2006 - 08:43 AM

We do get rid of them too but never bring religion into the mix. That only makes things worse by my experience.

I remember the days when I first started out. It was actually kind of nice really. It was more relaxing without the pressure we have now. We have grown a ton in the last couple of years and are now being invited to travel to investigate and have been invited to go to Ypsilanti Michigan next October to investigate the house that was the source for the Woodland Haunting 2 movie. We have to remain professional at this point or it will cause us all kinds of problems.

That is cool though and I wish you the very best in your endeavors!

#9 snakebiteoftexas

snakebiteoftexas

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 10:32 AM

thanks for the replies i see i have a few more things to get and learn how to use

#10 spiritlady

spiritlady

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • Interests:what ever comes to mind............

Posted 13 July 2006 - 01:20 PM

i usally carry these items:

* camera's film and digital
* recorders digital and tape, two mic's
* sea salt / sweet grass (protection, clearing), medicine rock.
* lantern/candles
* bottle of water.
* and a pendulum (if needed)

SPL ;)
My Sesshomaru , my protectorPosted Image

#11 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 14 July 2006 - 02:25 AM

I would carry a tape recorder on investigations but cassette recorders are not as easy to come by as they once were. I am currently looking into using a CD-R sound recorder. I have used a digital voice recorder but no longer have one. The nice thing about a digital voice recorder is no tape hiss. I would still prefer the cassette recorder because I believe the EVP embeds itself to the tape itself on occasion and doesn't always rely on the microphone.
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#12 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 11:21 PM

I would carry a tape recorder on investigations but cassette recorders are not as easy to come by as they once were. I am currently looking into using a CD-R sound recorder. I have used a digital voice recorder but no longer have one. The nice thing about a digital voice recorder is no tape hiss. I would still prefer the cassette recorder because I believe the EVP embeds itself to the tape itself on occasion and doesn't always rely on the microphone.

20-25 bucks at Wal-mart, Target, K-mart...they all have them in our area.

#13 snakebiteoftexas

snakebiteoftexas

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 11:30 PM

they are called shoeboxes all wal marts carry them belive me im at a different wal mart every day

#14 chowder

chowder

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 12:12 PM

in my bag I can just carry with me and take anywere I keep

EMF Cell Sencor
Remote indoor/outdoor thermometer
digital audio recorder w/ microphone
camera
remote IR nightvision camera (kinda useless unless i bring a tv/vcr combo)
dowsing rods
small bag of flour
2 2-way radios
pad and paper with pens
flashlight
and of course batteries

#15 SPIRIT66

SPIRIT66

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 05:10 PM

Well let me see if I can remember what all we have:

4 sony digital HI8 video cameras
4 channel DVR system and tons of cables
4 tripods
4 wide angle lenses for our video cameras
2 IR thermometers
1 datalogger (temperature device which we can place in an area and it records temp/humidity all night and we can download it to our computer for a graph)
2 ambiant thermometers
4 stand alone IR lights
Trifield EMF meter
Gaussmeter EMF
EMF cell sensor (which I don't like and won't use!)
I personally have a sony P210 digital voice recorder but others on our team have olympus recorders also
A flat screen TV to watch the video cameras on
Kodak digital camera 6.1 megapixel
Masking tape to tape down cables
I use my laptop to record EVP's sometimes with an external microphone

We put this all in 2 Anvil cases for easy transport.

I also have a tackle box which holds AA, AAA, C, D, 9Volt batteries and my camera batteries and other little misc things for our investigations.

But the most important thing I have is my clipboard and my logbook where I can document everything.

Helen
Co-Founder SPIRIT Investigations
www.spiritinvestigations.net

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users