• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#16 boris

boris

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 04:16 AM

All of your books are now in my collection. However, I'm only halfway through the Encyclopedia of Haunted Places. I glanced through parts of the Nightmare tome and liked what I saw. Today I was reading from a book about Victorian Spiritualists and came across this story about a gentleman who lived some 90 odd years and collected ghost stories. Allegedly he only kept those that were somehow verified by multiple sources whom had no contact and met certain other standards as well. His collection was published posthumously. Have you ever thought about putting together such a book, before you turn 90 of course and hopefully while you're still with us? Whirly Dude It just occured to me that such an endeavor may be fitting for you. Perhaps your spirit guides were speaking here. Whirly Dude Keep up the great work!
"...The Lord opened the eyes of the young man, and he saw; and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire..." 2 Kings 6: 17b. (There's nothing like seeing the unseen, especially when it's an army of spirits!)

#17 Jeff Belanger

Jeff Belanger

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 09:32 AM

Thanks, Boris. I appreciate you owning the whole collection!

I can tell you that there are more books in the works (and likely there always will be). I have at least two more coming out in 2006.

I could certainly see putting together a giant collection of ghost encounters one day. The great thing about researching the supernatural is that you will never run out of material. Each mystery I explore seems to open the door to several others.

Thanks again for reading!

-Jeff
Have you read these books?
Posted Image
There will be a quiz...

#18 MsJacqui46

MsJacqui46

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:All things Spiritual /Ghosty ... PC.. Music .. Shopping .. Movies ... Travel....summer time and Friends of like mind.

Posted 03 January 2006 - 09:26 PM

Jeff Are your books available in Australia ?
Life Is A Mystery To Be Explored

#19 Jeff Belanger

Jeff Belanger

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 07:12 PM

Jeff Are your books available in Australia ?

Hi MsJacqui. Yes they are available in Australia. They are distributed through Brumby Books down under. http://www.brumbyboo...chWord=Belanger

You can't order directly from their Web site, but if you call your local bookseller, they can order the titles from Brumby if they're not already in stock.
Posted Image
There will be a quiz...

#20 MsJacqui46

MsJacqui46

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:All things Spiritual /Ghosty ... PC.. Music .. Shopping .. Movies ... Travel....summer time and Friends of like mind.

Posted 05 January 2006 - 06:18 AM

Thanks very Much Jeff for that information I will look into that a bit further :Spaz:
Cheers from Downunder :Spaz:
Life Is A Mystery To Be Explored

#21 SkuttleBucket

SkuttleBucket

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 12:33 PM

Thanks, folks!

cheercoach05, I've studied many paranormal phenomena that seem to happen in and around the sleep state. To understand some of the phenomena, I needed to better understand our sleep state and dreaming. Dreaming is one of those mysteries that we take for granted. Everyone dreams, but so few of us pay attention to our dreams and try to understand what they might mean for us. The more I studied, the more hooked I became. I love picking apart and delving into things that are unexplained, dreams and nightmares seemed like a great topic to cover next.

I didn't realize you had written books as well. I'm real interested in reading this book in particular as well as the Dream encylopedia. I have to buy Dr. Bell's book first and as soon as I get some wedding expenses paid I'll grab a few of yours. I'm glad Chris Richardson suggested I check out the forum.
Take care, Michelle

#22 Mistteak

Mistteak

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Interests:horses<br />animals<br />ghosts<br />this site

Posted 05 April 2006 - 04:42 AM

MsJacqui46 .. you can order them from QBD and Angus and Robertson. Dymocks if you speak nicely ..LOL .. Any quality 2nd hand reseller can also get a copy of them ..

#23 snakebiteoftexas

snakebiteoftexas

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts
  • Interests:searching for haunted places as i drive cross country in my 18 wheeler with my lovely wife and meeting people to go ghost hunting with and playing fantasy sports

Posted 28 June 2006 - 11:32 PM

nice book maybe i can get one for christmas
Posted ImageWWW.SOUTHERNSPIRITSEEKERSOCIETY.COM

#24 ravenhecate

ravenhecate

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Interests:Art, Paganism, Animals

Posted 02 October 2006 - 05:15 AM

I have a question not about the book itself, but about some information about nightmares. How many people have you come across that have never had any nightmares? I can honestly say I have never had a dream I would classify as a nightmare. I have had weird dreams, one's that made me say "humm, what a strange dream I've had." Every time one of my dreams have come even close to being something that could frighten me, my dream self says, "Hey this is a just a dream!" and the dream changes. Even when I was a kid, I did this. I guess I have always been a lucid dreamer. I guess what I am asking is, is having nightmares a needed part for our psyches to work out worrying issues? I just hope I don't experience some psychological break because my subconcious hasn't had the opportunity to work out some terrifying details of my life.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#25 Jeff Belanger

Jeff Belanger

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 10:52 AM

Hi ravenhecate,

It's certainly very rare for a person to have never had a nightmare. In general, the older we get, the less we have them. Nightmares plague children most often because kids are processing so much information all of the time it can be overwhelming.

We all deal with issues in our life in different ways. Not having nightmares isn't necessarily a sign that you're not processing your life correctly. Maybe you're getting the message of your dreams easily so your subconscious doesn't need to "scare" you with the message. Just a thought.

-Jeff
Posted Image
There will be a quiz...

#26 aya&aki

aya&aki

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Interests:arts, music, literature, science... and a bunch of other stuff that I'd like to keep private.

Posted 24 January 2009 - 10:18 AM

..thank God my sister found this book while we were browsing bookshops in the mall..i bought the only/last copy..it has been informative especially the bibliography and "for further information"..although there are books there which i have already read...and most that i have not..it has been helpful in our mini-research, as far as information..thanks a lot jeff!! (what stroke of luck that your next book was about nightmares just when i needed it..lolz).
"The Open-mindness of a person can be measured by his/her ability to accept that everything is right and everything is wrong. There are no such things as contradictions, just two sides of the same coin." -Samantha Williams

#27 Morgan110463

Morgan110463

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 08:40 AM

You Do Know The Proper Term For These "OUT OF BODY" Experiences During "REM" Sleep That You All Keep Referring To---- It Is Called "ASTRAL PROJECTION" And We Are ALL CAPABLE OF THIS---- Some People Also Refer to This Unique Gift As: "Being Able To Fly"---- That is EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE DOING!!!!! It Is The Ability To Leave Your Physical Body Whenever You Want, And Go Anywhere------ Just Ask Prisoner's In Any Prison--- They Are Some Of The Best At This Unique Gift!!!! Also Alot Of Children and Adolescents Who Feel "Trapped" by their Overbearing Parents, or Someone Who Is In A "BAD PLACE" (Emotionally Speaking) ARE QUICK STUDIES TO "ASTRAL PROJECTION" ( Some May Wish To Spell it: "ASTROL"--- Either Way It Is The Same Experience!!!! IT IS THE MOST LIBERATING FEELING ONCE YOU MASTER THE TECHNIQUE!!!! (Was Very Good At This As a CHILD)----Undoubtedly as a result of a Tumultuous Childhood which included A Messy Divorce, an Alcoholic Father, and a Mother Who had to Work 2 Jobs To Support Us. She Did A GREAT JOB ,Was A GREAT MOTHER , but the reality is we were alone at night quite often while she worked her 2nd Job. Wish I Could Still "Project" Like I Could As A Child/Adolescent!!!! I MISS IT VERY MUCH!!! Life has become too comfortable or Easy I Guess???----- Not As Much Of A Need To "ESCAPE" ANYMORE----- Peace, Morgan110463----Footnote: My Mother Just Passed Away On October 23, 2009----- She Was 85 years and 29 days old----- Maybe with Losing Her I will now be in a "BETTER BAD PLACE" (Emotionally Speaking), To Be More Open To My Long Lost "GIFT." Wish Me Luck!!! And Happy "TRAVELING"!!!

#28 Morgan110463

Morgan110463

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 08:55 AM

I have a question not about the book itself, but about some information about nightmares. How many people have you come across that have never had any nightmares? I can honestly say I have never had a dream I would classify as a nightmare. I have had weird dreams, one's that made me say "humm, what a strange dream I've had." Every time one of my dreams have come even close to being something that could frighten me, my dream self says, "Hey this is a just a dream!" and the dream changes. Even when I was a kid, I did this. I guess I have always been a lucid dreamer. I guess what I am asking is, is having nightmares a needed part for our psyches to work out worrying issues? I just hope I don't experience some psychological break because my subconcious hasn't had the opportunity to work out some terrifying details of my life.

---- WOW!!! NEVER????? This could mean Several Things For You-- It May Mean You Have No Stress Or Worries In Your Life??? Comeon NEVER???? LOL Or You Have NEVER FELT GUILTY ABOUT ANYTHING IN YOUR LIFE!!!! ( Which would Technically Classify You As A SOCIOPATH!!??) WOW I AM PERPLEXED BY THIS BECAUSE NO ONE HAS A "PERFECT CHILDHOOD OR STRESS FREE LIFE." You Know if Your "REM SLEEP" IS NOT DISTURBED DURING ANY DREAM SEQUENCE, (Whether bad or good Dream), YOU WILL NOT REMEMBER THE DREAM SEQUENCE!!!! I WOULD HAVE TO SAY YOU ARE NOT ALLOWING YOURSELF ANY "REM DISRUPTION" I Highly Doubt You Are A Sociopath, Being An Incurable Optimist, I would say you just need to "RE-TRAIN" Your Mind. VERY EASY To DO: Set An Alarm EVERY NIGHT FOR A CERTAIN TIME--- GIVE YOURSELF ENOUGH TIME LAPSE FOR YOU TO ACTUALLY BE INTO FULL "REM SEQUENCE"--- THEN WAKE UP!!! HAVE PENCIL AND PAPER BY YOUR BEDSIDE ---- You will be trained in NO time at all-- Maybe even a Week!(Depending on Your Willingness to Re-Train Yourself!!!) Happy Dreams To All!!! Peace, Morgan110463

#29 Morgan110463

Morgan110463

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 09:14 AM

OKAY I HAVE JUST RE-READ WHAT YOU TYPED AT THE END OF THIS-- I NOW Want To Say To You Since You Mentioned Not Dealing With "CERTAIN ASPECTS" of your life that I BELIEVE YOU PURPOSELY ARE NOT EVEN ALLOWING ANY DEEP REM SLEEP TO OCCUR!!! YOU HAVE PHYSICALLY OR EMOTIONALLY TRAINED THIS BEHAVIOR FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF AVOIDING THE MOST IMPORTANT WAY WE HAVE OF LEARNING HOW TO "DEAL " WITH THE BAD STUFF!!! YOU ARE VERY TALENTED BY THE WAY, and if you ever want to grow emotionally and Actually "DEAL" with these Negative Aspects of your life -- YOU MUST ALLOW YOUR SUBCONSCIOUS TO HELP YOU THROUGH THE DREAM SEQUENCE!!! NOT TRYING TO PUT YOU DOWN, But You ARE ONLY CHEATING YOURSELF DOLL!!!! THINK ABOUT IT--- If You Are Not Growing or Moving Forward with Anything In Your Life Then You Are Standing Still (Which Will ALWAYS CAUSE STAGNATION OF ANYTHING--(LIFE, RELATIONSHIPS, NOT JUST WATER IN THE BIRD BATH BABE!!!! GOOD LUCK TO YOU!! AND REMEMBER : "WHY PAY FOR THERAPY IF YOU CAN IDENTIFY THE PROBLEM, AND MAKE A CONSCIOUS DECISION TO CHANGE IT?" YOU KNOW THAT YOU ARE IN POSSESSION OF ALL THE TOOLS YOU NEED TO DEAL WITH THOSE BAD THINGS -- RIGHT??!! I CAN TELL YOU HAVe THE KNOWLEDGE IT IS SO OBVIOUS TO ME AT LEAST!!! GET TO WORK!!! PEACE, Morgan110463

#30 timestopped

timestopped

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Equestrian, walking, hiking, biking, fishing, the beach, telling stories, camping

Posted 25 November 2009 - 08:19 AM

Does it have anything about zombies and cannabols? I've had lots of reacurring dreams about being chased and hunted. Very vivid, scary dreams...
Looking at the world through eyes frozen like pools of ice.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users