• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 AllyLoveLove

AllyLoveLove

Worm crusher

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 10:21 AM

Okay, this is bound to be long-winded so I apologize in advance. Here goes....

I have a very cruel and strange woman as my next-door neighbor. I'd say that she is somewhere in her 60's. She has four grown sons all over the age of 40 who live at home with her. Her husband passed away a few years ago. I guess she wrote a book about the spirits that he communicated with while he was dying. They are an odd lot to say the least. A couple of the sons are security guards, the kind who listen to police scanners all day long and have all sorts of lights and alarms on their pseudo-police vehicles. There is nothing wrong with that, but it's just a little off when one becomes so obsessive over that as they seem to be. None of the sons appear to have girlfriends. Another one of the sons appears to not have any sort of job as he is home most of the time; sitting on the porch with her. She does nothing all day long and I mean nothing other than sit on her front porch from dawn until dusk; watching and critiquing everyone else's lives that are going on around her. The first words out of her mouth when we met her was that she is a psychic and that she could read people. All of this could be harmless enough if she would have just left me alone, but no, she had to start something with me.

You see, my oldest son (8 yrs) has Asperger's Syndrome. Asperger's is (in some circles) believed to be a mild form of autism. My son has a very hard time socially. He speaks very loudly, invades the personal space of others, is rigid, and he frequently argues with his brother and the neighborhood kids because he is not able to compromise. But, because my son is very intelligent, it is not always apparent to others that he has any kind of an issue. Anyway, at times, my yard can be a pretty noisy place what with my son's loud speaking and frequent tantrums and outbursts, and just boys being boys.

Well, I got into it with this woman over a personal attack on my character regarding how I raise my children and how misbehaved and ill-adjusted that she feels they are. Mind you, I keep a very close eye on my kids. They are not allowed to leave the yard or go into any of the neighbor's yards unless they are invited and a parent is present to keep an eye on them. Our heated argument simply ended with me telling her to just leave my family alone.

The next day, she and my husband got into it. She proceeded to tell my husband that he really doesn't know me or anything about me (despite the fact that we have been together for nearly 15 years). I am assuming that she was implying that her psychic abilities told her more about who I am than my husband knows. Yeah, right! She told him that I am trouble. She said that I lie to him and that I blow things out of proportion. If you knew me, you would know how silly it is to say that I am trouble. I suspect that she was trying to start some problems between my husband and me. Of course, it didn't work. She also went on to tell him how bad our children are and how they are always in her yard and doing things to her house, which, I assure you, they are not. She said that there is nothing wrong with my oldest son, that he is just a brat. However, she ended the argument by stating that there are things out there for retarted children. My son was standing there when she said that as he had just come outside to see what was going on. She has also been heard to say that my children are insane.

Why am I telling you good people about this? Well, I feel some major negative vibes coming from her and her house. I'm not sure if she is trying to work some mojo on me or not. Maybe it's just my own fury towards her that is causing me to feel those vibes. But, just in case she is trying to pull something, can anyone give me some advice on things that I can do to protect myself and my family? If she is trying to send some negativity my way, will just ignoring her completely be enough? If I don't feed into her game, can I escape any trash being directed toward me? I am not very religious. I do not follow any one particular religion. I am still trying to figure out what path or paths I would like to explore as far as all that goes. Anyway, I am just going on with my life as if she doesn't even exist. I won't even look in her direction when I am in my front yard and she is sitting on her porch as she always is. However, I feel her eyes on me and her hatred toward me, and it makes no sense at all. I have never done anything to this woman. It's all just very uncomfortable. Our houses are very close together and her porch is right next to our driveway. We see her almost every time we come and go. There she is....always.

Any advice would be appreciated. Also, upon re-reading this, I guess I should have posted it in the real life section. I don't know how to move it, so if it needs to be, would someone be kind enough to do so?

:-/ She who is unjustly attacked by her neighbor

#2 MoonChild

MoonChild

The One Within!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,866 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 26 May 2004 - 10:29 AM

some people have nothing to do worthwhile all life long! sheesh! it is a pity!

you better take care buddy. nothing happens without your consent, so that means, have a STRONG mind, and NEVER doubt on your own abilities.

Take my hand and we'll go riding through the sunshine from above

#3 Yosei

Yosei

Thinks bats and skeletons are.....CUTE?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 10:35 AM

A way that I have found works strikingly well in dealing with emotionally abusive individuals is to take a deep breath and visualize your aura as a slick, shiny mirror reflecting all that negativity back to its source.  I actually made an amulet out of a small mirror to help with this and I think it does work, however I also think if you're good at visualizing things strongly you may not need a physical amulet.
"I could die a thousand times, but I'll always be here..."---Rozz Williams"It's not the sound of a new generation, it is the noise of a degenerate nation...the Nightmare of the American Dream..."---DomianaNeed gifts for goths? Handmade jewelry, clothing, porcelain & more! http://www.accentuateyourlook.com

#4 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,835 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 26 May 2004 - 11:59 AM

A wall of white light around the property and your family members (visualized) is also a good method.  Another thing I personally find to work well is placing a small stone above doors and window frames, in effect 'holding down' the portals by which negative energy can flow in.

But definitly, spend some time visualising strong white light surrounding the property, house and each family member.  

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#5 Ectoplazzum

Ectoplazzum

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 12:11 PM

It's a shame, people can be such idiots.  I'm so sorry that you have to deal with a neighbor like this.  Here are a handful of things you can do.  I speak with the people who wrote these spells on a regular basis, they are adept witches and mages, and the spells on the Cantrap.net site are all tried and proven to work.  The first thing I would do is the uncrossing ritual just in case she has flung something your way.  You won't get adequate protection from the shielding and protection spells if you are unclean to begin with.  Next I would do the "Stake Our Your Territory" spell.  The Nithling Pole and the Spirit Stick I threw in for good measure, I don't know how outwardly "witchy" you are with your family.  If they don't have a problem with some odd things being stuck in your lawn in an effort to rid yourself of the nuisance neighbor, go for it.  I would definitely do the "Battling Buttinskis" spell.  It's wonderful and it works like, well, magick!    ;D

Elle

http://www.cantrap.n...rk/uncross.html
http://www.cantrap.n...work/stake.html
http://www.cantrap.n...k/nithling.html
http://www.cantrap.n...k/unwanted.html
http://www.cantrap.n...work/stick.html

#6 Yosei

Yosei

Thinks bats and skeletons are.....CUTE?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 12:36 PM

Cool links, Ecto....though I have to say on that Spirit Stick one, I think having animal skulls tacked up on posts around your door might make people stay away for reasons *other* than magick.  :D
"I could die a thousand times, but I'll always be here..."---Rozz Williams"It's not the sound of a new generation, it is the noise of a degenerate nation...the Nightmare of the American Dream..."---DomianaNeed gifts for goths? Handmade jewelry, clothing, porcelain & more! http://www.accentuateyourlook.com

#7 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,835 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 26 May 2004 - 12:39 PM

<blinks>

You mean it's incorrect to decorate your front door that way?  <bats eyelashes innocently>

:D  Kidding!

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#8 Ectoplazzum

Ectoplazzum

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 12:44 PM

Cool links, Ecto....though I have to say on that Spirit Stick one, I think having animal skulls tacked up on posts around your door might make people stay away for reasons *other* than magick.  :D

LOL!  Yeah, I kinda thought that myself, that's why I said to only do those two things if the entire family was in agreement that they would be OK.  It can be disconcerting to have a skull on a stick greet you every day upon returning home.   :D

Elle

#9 AllyLoveLove

AllyLoveLove

Worm crusher

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 01:11 PM

Thanks for the replies everyone!! Ecto, I will check out those links later tonight when all my "insane" children are in bed!  :D LOL!!! Not sure about the animal skulls. I think I might get a kick out of what her reaction would be. Hmmmm.....

It's all just so weird. I am a very non-confrontational person. I shy away from arguments of any kind. It takes a whole lot to get me angry enough to let loose on anyone. We have been in this neighborhood for six years, the woman and her brood have only been here for two. In our six years here, I have never had an argument with anyone, until now. However, "the woman" or members of her household have had various beefs with people from all the surrounding houses. Ah, but I am the one who is trouble!! GRRRRRRRR!!!

Why oh why did they have to move in next to us?!!?

#10 hawkerdriver

hawkerdriver

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,087 posts

Posted 30 May 2004 - 05:09 AM

She obviously is a real sick cookie!  She's a psychiatrist's wet dream!!!  She's emasculated her sons and the only way they can be or feel as tho they are 'men' is by identifying with a very 'male' occupation- Law enforcement.  But realize that she would never allow them to become bonafide police officers because if they did so they would become able to earn an income that would allow them to leave.  The one son that is home with her is a true sadness.  He has been completely emasculated and has absoulutely no sense of self.  

Now take how she's treated you.  This should be a clue as to why her sons are single and will remain so.  She HATES ALL WOMEN.  She tried to run you off from your husband.  Just imagine what she's done to her sons. These boys have been taught from their MOTHER to hate women. Sick woman.

You are living next door to a very sick tragedy.  BTW if you tried to befriend one of her sons you would send her into a tizzy!  

If she ever says anything again about the way you raise your kids, just point out that you intend on doing a better job than she did. And one day YOU'RE going to have grandbabies! :D
Bubbles are proof that ghosts exist.This person still under construction.

#11 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 30 May 2004 - 03:20 PM

Hrmmmm...I think Hawker just hit the nail on the head!  

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#12 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 31 May 2004 - 07:17 AM

Egads! Thanking goddess I dont have your neighbours, i'm very much the same as you, I dont like confrontation and avoid it like the plague but unfortunately, you always have those nutters that go out of their way to make your life miserable...I offer my blessings to you and your sanity :D*keeps comments to what she thinks of the vile woman to herself*
Either write things worth reading,
Or do things worth the writing.

Posted Image

#13 AllyLoveLove

AllyLoveLove

Worm crusher

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 11:18 AM

Hawker, you are right on!! I do feel that she dislikes other women. She does have a daughter, but the daughter actually appears to have some sort of a life of her own. She comes around a couple of times a week and porch-sits as well, though. The one son who doesn't seem to have a job did have a girlfriend that lived with the whole gang when they first moved in. But, that didn't last very long and she and the son moved out. Then, I guess they broke up and he moved back in with Mama.

Anyway, they are a scary lot. As I said before, I tend to shy away from confrontation, however, I can get extremely angry (and confrontational) whenever someone unjustly attacks me. I am just hoping that we can make it through this summer without any more confrontations. We are hoping to move by next summer. I worry about what these people may do if I have to tangle with her again. I will not start anything, but I will find it very hard to ignore if she  directly attacks me or my kids again. As of right now, I am continuing on in the "she doesn't exist" mode. She has made a few loud comments such as "I am so sick of these neighbors", but I just ignore her. *sigh*

#14 AllyLoveLove

AllyLoveLove

Worm crusher

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 11:20 AM

Ecto, do I need to purchase a special candle for the uncrossing spell or can I use any candle?

:D Thanks

#15 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 11:23 AM

heh...maybe I'm just a b*tch...but if that were my neighbour and I over heard her loud comment, I'd likely look at her, shrug and say "Move".  Then go back to whatever I was doing, studiously ignoring any attempt she would make for a comeback.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users