4 replies to this topic

#1 VeteranParanormal82

VeteranParanormal82

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal investigations,Reading, History, Rugby

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:31 PM

Hello,

This is my first post on the website. I am currently stationed in Germany as part of the Armed Forces. My girlfriend and I have our own paranormal research group and are trying to find a haunted hotel in Germany and Prague. We are having no look online and most of the locals I talk to point me to one of the two places I have already investigated. If anyone knows of anyone please let me know. Thank you.

Sean

#2 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • Interests:spirituality, art, design, reading, photography, my family (of course), nature, biology, genetics... I could go on, but I think I will stop here.

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:05 PM

Have you been to Fursteneck Castle yet?

Here is a link with some possibilites:

http://livingingerma...ces-in-germany/
Don't take life too seriously, no one ever gets out alive.

#3 VeteranParanormal82

VeteranParanormal82

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:38 PM

I actually have been there a few times since I got here in 2010. Great location with a very long and sad history, I have also had some luck with locations here on the base. I was able to capture two very chilling EVPs in a motor pool that once served as hospital for POWs. It was two distinct female voices. The first says "I think I'm dead" followed almost right after with another voice saying "And I'm sick"...One of the best class A EVPs I have heard.

#4 TheresaRHPS

TheresaRHPS

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:19 PM

I would wager that any hotel with a little bit of history behind it will have localized tales of it being haunted...you just need to ask the right person and more importantly...ask in the right way, lol. While they certain can be haunted, I'd stay away from chain hotels and motels, and focus on bed and breakfast type accommodations, preferably located in small villages and housed in buildings over 100 years old. Places that don't see a lot of traffic on a daily basis will not only make investigating paranormal claims easier, but often have staff that is more open and willing to talk in detail about what they have experienced.

The only place that I've come across beside Fursteneck Castle is Hotel Burg Reichenstein, but here's a link reporting some of Germany's oldest hotels. I can't promise they'll be haunted, or even if they have a reputation of being haunted, but it may be a lead:

http://www.nightsint...estgermany.html
Huntington Paranormal Investigations and ResearchCheck out my website

#5 VeteranParanormal82

VeteranParanormal82

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:58 AM

You are right. There is so much history here, it's amazing. We have stayed in a few that seemed like they might have the right conditions for a haunting, especially in Prague. I am mostly just trying to help out a friend who is looking for places to document in a book he is writing about haunted hotels and B & Bs. Thanks for all your help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users