• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#31 AllyLoveLove

AllyLoveLove

Worm crusher

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 09:05 PM

Oooo, this just happened to me a few nights ago. My husband couldn't sleep and had gotten up at around 6:45 AM to go lay down on the couch. About fifteen minutes later, I was having a pretty vivid dream when I heard my husband say "Kyra" very close to my face as if he was leaning over me. It was said in such a tone as if he was trying to wake me to tell me something. It jarred me awake and I said, "Huh"? But, when I turned (I usually sleep on my tummy) to look up at him, there wasn't anybody there. I laid there for a bit pondering what I had just heard. After a few minutes, I went downstairs thinking maybe he had yelled upstairs to me, and it had only seemed as though he was right next to me. But, no, I found him sound asleep on the couch. Now, I've heard lots of odd sounds when I'm in that drifting-off-to-sleep state that I just know right away are in my mind, but this incident really bugged me and stuck with me all day. I guess it was freaky because it woke me out of a sound sleep or seemed to anyway.

Interestingly, I've been experiencing more of those half-awake visions of figures in my room. I haven't had that happen for a very long time. I'm pretty sure that they are just a product of a dream-state, but it's quite scary to awaken to a figure leaning over me and looking down at me. I scream, it disappears, and then my husband wants to kill me for scaring the dookie out of him. LOL!

#32 cyqe

cyqe

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 October 2006 - 08:06 PM

I'm not so sure that this is a paranormal thing. I mean look at everyone here who has experienced this. I hear my name being called all of the time, but since I'm almost completely deaf, whoever would be calling me would have to be screaming loudly for me to hear it and noone around me hears it. So, I'm pretty sure it's all in my head.

#33 Ihearvoices

Ihearvoices

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 07 October 2006 - 11:57 PM

I'm not so sure that this is a paranormal thing. I mean look at everyone here who has experienced this. I hear my name being called all of the time, but since I'm almost completely deaf, whoever would be calling me would have to be screaming loudly for me to hear it and noone around me hears it. So, I'm pretty sure it's all in my head.

Cyqe- being completely deaf doesn't matter in hearing a spirit voice. When hearing a spirit voice you don't hear thru your normal ear you hear thru your psychic ear which is your inner ear(people who see spirits see thru their third eye). Also a spirit voice is not like a normal voice. See spirits are not on the same plane level that we are on, so their voices are different in their sound level. When a new spirit trys to talk to me it sounds like a high pitch fast screech. I have to tell them to slow down then I can hear bits and pieces, after they have been in the spirit world longer they learn how to slow their speech down to where we can hear them. Plus I've trained myself to not use my normal hearing ear but to only use my inner hearing ear to hear them. I know when I'm sleeping I tend to turn off my normal hearing so I don't hear my husbands fan or snoring, I have to have total quiet to sleep soundly. So when I hear my name in the middle of the night (always between the hours of 3 am and 4 am) I know it's from one of the spirit world, sames goes for when I hear them ringing the door bell or knocking on the front door between 3 am and 4 am each night.

Sylvia Browne says that when her spirt guide talks to her that she can only stand to hear for a short time cause Francine's (her spirit guide) high pitch voice gives her a head ache after a while.
So a deaf people could hear spirits as well as a blind person could probably see a spirit.
Hope I explained this well enough. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Blessings,
Lisa

#34 nadinek

nadinek

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 October 2006 - 11:50 AM

Cyqe- being completely deaf doesn't matter in hearing a spirit voice. When hearing a spirit voice you don't hear thru your normal ear you hear thru your psychic ear which is your inner ear(people who see spirits see thru their third eye). Also a spirit voice is not like a normal voice. See spirits are not on the same plane level that we are on, so their voices are different in their sound level. When a new spirit trys to talk to me it sounds like a high pitch fast screech. I have to tell them to slow down then I can hear bits and pieces, after they have been in the spirit world longer they learn how to slow their speech down to where we can hear them. Plus I've trained myself to not use my normal hearing ear but to only use my inner hearing ear to hear them. I know when I'm sleeping I tend to turn off my normal hearing so I don't hear my husbands fan or snoring, I have to have total quiet to sleep soundly. So when I hear my name in the middle of the night (always between the hours of 3 am and 4 am) I know it's from one of the spirit world, sames goes for when I hear them ringing the door bell or knocking on the front door between 3 am and 4 am each night.

Sylvia Browne says that when her spirt guide talks to her that she can only stand to hear for a short time cause Francine's (her spirit guide) high pitch voice gives her a head ache after a while.
So a deaf people could hear spirits as well as a blind person could probably see a spirit.
Hope I explained this well enough. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Blessings,
Lisa

But if it is really a spirit, why do some of us hear our name in the voices of someone who we already know... like husband, parents...???

#35 Ihearvoices

Ihearvoices

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 08 October 2006 - 01:03 PM

Are you really sure it's a voice or a living or are you just assuming it is? Most of us are sleeping when this happens and it's usually the voice only says our name once. I've been in stores and hear someone say Lisa I turn and look to see if someone is looking at me, but there is no way I could possible reconize a voice with one word.
As far as the voice that says my name in the night I've heard it many times and still don't know who's voice it is, I know it's female. I need to see if the voice is saying Lisa or Lisee then it will narrow it down to who it might be. Plus I'm going to go and invest in a voice activated tape recorder and let it record all night. I'm just afraid I'll have a tape fully of snoring.. :wave:

Edited by Ihearvoices, 08 October 2006 - 01:04 PM.

#36 Sheal

Sheal

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 08 October 2006 - 04:08 PM

It is said that spirits tend to mimic those of the ones around you. Or rather your mind mimics the sound of a voice you are familiar with (ie: a husband, wife, child, ect) to ease the "stress" of the idea of having an experiences with an apparition (ghost).

I've only heard the voices of those in our family that have passed. The ones that aren't family never have mimicked my family that are alive. I am partially deaf as well and hear the entities just fine but ask me to have a phone convo in a crowded public place, forget it not going to happen.

Sheal

#37 greenman

greenman

Creepy

• PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Interests:orchids<br />paganism<br />gardening<br />ghosts<br />paranormal activity<br />reading <br />writing

Posted 08 October 2006 - 09:18 PM

This happens to me a lot too. Uusually when the only other person in the house is a couple of rooms away, and she al;ways said she never calls me. For me, it's usually like someone calling from a distance. It's a little un-nerving but one gets used to it, I guess.
"The circle is open but unbroken. Blessed Be"Posted Image Posted Image

#38 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,396 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 09 October 2006 - 12:15 PM

I have never had any such experiences, but I have heard my mom and sis mentioning that they have heard their name being called. Especially my sister, who is settled in Australia right now. The other day she was mentioning me how she clearly heard our dad (who passed away in 2002) calling her name. Dad and she were pretty close too, especially in the final days before he passed away. So perhaps...... And moreover, I have conciously closed my mond to the other side, for my own reasons.
Posted Image

#39 Daughter

Daughter

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 12:02 PM

I personally think this is probably your spirit guide. I've heard it many times casually as well as once when I was doing something I shouldn't have been doing I heard a voice asking me what I was doing. You could even call it your conscious.

I personally think this is probably your spirit guide. I've heard it many times casually as well as once when I was doing something I shouldn't have been doing I heard a voice asking me what I was doing. You could even call it your conscious.

Personally, I've never believed the dead speak through words. Of course that's based on my experience. With me they use visuals.

Personally, I've never believed the dead speak through words. Of course that's based on my experience. With me they use visuals.

Of course, our perceptions have a lot to do with what we're able to hear. see, feel. I mean when we die we leave our bodies behind so when you see your loved ones who've passed on aren't we just seeing our perception of the energy sensed? That's my view.

Of course, our perceptions have a lot to do with what we're able to hear. see, feel. I mean when we die we leave our bodies behind so when you see your loved ones who've passed on aren't we just seeing our perception of the energy sensed? That's my view. We see them perhaps as we remember them, not that the're not coming around. I'm not saying that at all. Maybe some people percieve them through sound.

#40 Sheal

Sheal

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 03:42 PM

??? to the post above mine. Is it me or is it quoting the same thing? Did the server mess up or something?

Sheal

#41 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,396 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 10 October 2006 - 03:45 PM

Sheal I believe it was a confusion about the buttons opted to post. We are working on some reference guide where people can be aware of various buttons and posts, thank you.
Posted Image

#42 Sheal

Sheal

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 05:52 PM

:blush: No problem. Just thought maybe the quote button broke or something. I thought I was going mental and just seeing things...

Sheal

#43 Ihearvoices

Ihearvoices

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 08:17 PM

LOL Sheal I was thinking the same thing...

Daughter, some people do only communcate with visuals, this is quite common in the beginning till your clairaudience ability has developed, but then some will never develop this and only be clairvoyant. You are right some maybe hearing their Spirit guides talking to them, and others may actually be hearing spirits. You need to get more in touch with your self and figure out which it is. It might help to do some reading of different Mediums to learn more on the subject. Syliva Browne is good and well as James Van Praagh and a few others.

My first real memory of any psychic ability was 33 years ago when my uncle was murdered (I was only a child in grade school) he came to me within mintues of his death and told me to tell my aunt he was ok. I remember running to my parents room waking them and telling them what happened, I was told to go back to bed it was a bad dream. I no sooner laid back down the phone rang it was my aunt telling my dad she had just got the call. My dad freaked and wanted to know just how did I know what had happened. Mom calmed him down and said things like this happen, after the funeral I was taken to my grandmothers and explained about my gift.

Good luck,
Lisa

Edited by Ihearvoices, 10 October 2006 - 08:17 PM.

#44 striddy

striddy

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 07:03 PM

Hello new to the site. I have for years experiences someone calling my name. It's not a wisper, it is as if somone is calling me from another room. I have also been told not to answer, but of course I do the 1st few times I hear it until I realize that it's no one in the house calling me then I ingnor it. I can't recall it ever happening when I'm alone though. Others in my family have experienced this as well. I was just talking about it with my children this weekend and told them it's because they were doing bad things (it has happened to them too). I was however kidding, I don't know why it happens but I try not to respond and it doesn't scare me. At least not until today. My youngest son came to me as if I called him to night, twice I told him I did not. A little later he had just got out of the bath and I was in the kitchen. I heard someone call out but dismissed it as the other boys downstairs then instantly my youngest asked did I call him. I said no it must have been one of the boys downstairs, because after he asked that I realized it was his name that was called. I dismissed it because again I am not threated by it but I had never heard someone elses name called and them responding to it in this situation. I asked the othe boys did they call him and they said no!! So this prompted me to do a search online and I found you all. Any ideas???!!!

#45 gigi

gigi

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 11:43 AM

Hello everyone! I am new to posting on this site, but have been a lurker for a while now. I have finally gotten my courage up to tell some of you about some of my experiences. I have really enjoyed reading all your experiences, and it has actually brought back so many memories for me of my own childhood, and experiences that I was always afraid to tell anyone about.

I have heard my name called quite frequently, but usually it is my mother's voice, and she is still very much alive, and lives several miles from me. I am usually always awake when this happens, but have had it happen when I was asleep. There is never any other message, except one time I was woke up by my mother's voice to tell me to check on the baby.

I did go check on the baby and he was fine. Sometimes this does take me by surprise. Although it has never frightened me.

Gigi

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users