Jeff's Book

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 09 November 2004 - 09:16 AM

(I am not sure if this should go in World's Most Haunted Places or here, so move this if I'm wrong)

I went on a yearly bus trip up to Bloomington, Minn. to the Mall of America. One of my planned shopping stops at that mega-mall (three levels of stores, plus an aquarium, several screened movie theater, and a bowling alley) is the Atlantic Book Warehouse. I haven't had any luck finding Jeff's book World's Most Haunted Places locally, so thought I would check for it there. I did find it, and Jeff, it is a very good book! Thank you for doing this, and doing such a good job on it. Of course, I read the chapter on the Hibbing school first...but then I went back to the beginning to read the whole thing. I read last night until I wasn't able to concentrate anymore, but I truly enjoyed the chapter on Ballygally!

I always meet a good friend up there for lunch at the Rainforest Cafe and this year she had a book for me. It's by Leslie Rule, daughter of Ann Rule and is on hauntings. I left it in my car yesterday, and don't remember the name right now. It's very good, and is mostly antecdotal. There are a couple of great photos in there, but most of the photos are of the haunted places or the people who had the experiences. My friend has had some encounters with the paranormal, and I am hoping that she will join the GV so she can tell you about them.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#2 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 09 November 2004 - 02:27 PM

That book is probably "Coast to Coast Ghosts".
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3 Jeff Belanger

Jeff Belanger

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 09 November 2004 - 03:29 PM

Thank you for picking up my book, Redhead. And thanks for becoming a Ghostvillager and getting involved! I appreciate the kind words.

-Jeff
Have you read these books?
Posted Image
There will be a quiz...

#4 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 09 November 2004 - 10:18 PM

Jeff, no need to thank me. I really am enjoying the book, so the thanks are to you for writing in! I hope you have a sequel in you...of course with all the hauntings out there, I am sure you have the material!!

Krcguns, I think you are right. LOL, the book has disappeared. It was on the front seat of my tracker and when I went to get it this morning, it was gone. My husband didn't take it, and the tracker was in the garage, which was locked. Looks like my devas are up to some mischief again. I was outside today, raking and cleaning and filling the birdfeeders, so lets hope they bring it back soon. I think I'll be done with the Haunted Places tonight and need something to read after that!!
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#5 veto

veto

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 11:02 AM

I am new here but I will go out to booksamillion today and look for it, or order it.

#6 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts

Posted 12 November 2004 - 10:30 AM

Here's another compliment for you, Jeff. I went to Barnes and Noble last night to get the newest edition of Fortean Times, and then headed over to the section that has the ghost stories, etc. I thought I would look for your book out of curiosity, and there was a clerk putting some on the shelf. I said something to her about it, and she told me that they can't keep it on the shelves. She said that by the same time today, the ones she put out will probably be gone!! That ought to make your day!!!!

#7 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,360 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 12 November 2004 - 10:43 AM

GO JEFF GO! :weeee:

Proud villagers, aren't we?
Posted Image

#8 Guest_Ghostbuter20_*

Guest_Ghostbuter20_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2004 - 01:33 PM

I first went to Borders, couldn't find it there, so went to Barnes and Noble and saw four copies left. I don't know about anyone else, but I felt the urge to tell the cashier and anyone else around me that I'm a member of this community.

#9 Jeff Belanger

Jeff Belanger

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 12 November 2004 - 06:26 PM

Very cool, Redhead -- that's great to hear!

And thank you, Ghostbuter20, there's people from this community quoted in the book (and will be in the next one too). This is a great group of people without a doubt!
Have you read these books?
Posted Image
There will be a quiz...

#10 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 12 November 2004 - 07:31 PM

I get mine at Christmas....I get mine at Christmas....I get mine at Christmas....

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#11 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts

Posted 14 November 2004 - 10:28 AM

LOL. Gostbuter20, I was tempted to tell the clerk I was talking to that I was a member of this community too!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users