• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 fletch1333

fletch1333

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 09:23 PM

Please someone give me tips on how to make contact with my spirit guide. I was watching most haunted and the medium kept talking to his guide, Sam. how do I meet my guide?

#2 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 13 January 2008 - 09:34 AM

I'm going to put this into Spirit Communication to get the attention you want, Fletch. There are also several topics there on this subject - a little digging back into some of the previous pages in that area will show you some other topics. Here is a link to get you going. I started this particular thread to give an example of one way to meet your guides as it is adaptable to any spirit communication you wish to accomplish. http://www.ghostvill...=meditation 101

Good luck and let us know how you make out.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#3 Mark London

Mark London

So open minded that his brain has fallen out....watch your step

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:If they need me I help them

Posted 13 January 2008 - 04:04 PM

Hi Fletch

MEDITATE ! MEDITATE ! MEDITATE !

#4 fletch1333

fletch1333

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 06:26 PM

I dont see anyone on that cloud that im supposed to see.

#5 Yosei

Yosei

Thinks bats and skeletons are.....CUTE?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 07:40 PM

Be patient, and relax. It may take some time to get results, and you could also be trying too hard. Also, it doesn't have to be a cloud exactly if another image works better for you, though that is a popular suggestion that obviously works well for many people. Some people use walking along a beach with someone, or in my case, a little cafe in the rain. Just focus on calming and clearing your mind for now, then the right images will come when you are ready.
"I could die a thousand times, but I'll always be here..."---Rozz Williams"It's not the sound of a new generation, it is the noise of a degenerate nation...the Nightmare of the American Dream..."---DomianaNeed gifts for goths? Handmade jewelry, clothing, porcelain & more! http://www.accentuateyourlook.com

#6 sororluna

sororluna

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Interests:Seances, Mediumship, Ghosts, Hauntings, Psychic stuff<br /><br />University Lecturer in Latin, Ancient Greek, and Biblical Hebrew<br /><br />Founding Member of Psychics and Ghost Hunters of Western Oregon<br /><br />Reiki Master <br /><br />Light Body Graduate (www.orindaben.com)<br /><br />Have studied Parapsychology in my spare time since 1989<br /><br />Medium-in-Training since 1994 (Mainly mental mediumship however have some knowledge of physical as well).<br /><br />Lived in Durham, England for 2 years (my husband is British) and have seen 60+ mediums live in various Spiritualist Churches in the UK and USA, as well as attending psychic worshops and mediumship classes in both countries.<br /><br />10 or more years of personal, detailed, hands-on experience with EACH of the following faiths: Baptist, Catholic, Pagan/Witchcraft. <br /><br />I do Biblical Hebrew (Old Testament) and Biblical Greek (New Testament), if anybody wants any literal translations of paranormal matters in the Judaeo-Christian Bible. My main area of interest however is Latin, which I speak fluently and teach, and also Ancient Greek, if anybody wants literal translations of any Pagan writings. Also fairly fluent in Italian. Two terms of German as well :).

Posted 14 January 2008 - 08:02 PM

Hi there! I have struggled for about 19 years to see and hear my guides, and can give you the tips I've found have worked.

1. If you don't pick up anything at first, just know that you haven't yet found your own "style" of perceiving spirit. You aren't doing anything wrong, nor is your psychic sense "broken." If we expect to actually SEE our guides, we may not hear them WHISPERING to us, or other methods.

2. Everybody has a different psychic specialty. Some people SEE their guides, symbols, etc. (Clairvoyance). Others hear spirit voices (clairaudience) but never see a thing. Also, there are some who simply have a "feeling" that certain information is right, (clairsentience) while others simply immediately "know" the information from Spirit, without hearing or seeing a thing. Also remember that even if you DO see spirit, your guide may not look exactly how you think they will. Lots of people have humanoid/anthropomorphic guides (Native Americans, Shamans, little old ladies, whatever) however sometimes guides come through as simply LIGHT. You may start to see gold, silver, or purple sparkles in the room or in your mind's eye. This could be the way your guide manifests. So when you DO meditate (which IS the way to get to know your guide, as the others mentioned above - don't have any expectations of what information is right or wrong to see. Your own way is right for you. Most people have a combination of the above abilities, with one stronger than the other. Over time, you can learn to heighten the other senses too.

3. Check out the chakra system. The chakras are our spirit anatomy, and several of them are the spiritual organs we use for psychic skills. For instance, the third eye chakra (in between your eyebrows and indigo in color) is the one that allow us to SEE spirit. Simply visualize this chakra being filled with the indigo color, or imagine it as a flower blooming. This will give this chakra a workout. Next your throat chakra, which is a turquoise color, is the chakra responsible for letting you channel spirits directly and/or HEAR them. Meditate on this chakra while infusing it with the color turquoise in your mind's eye. Finally your "solar plexus" chakra is located about 4 inches above your navel (that hollow bit above the stomach and below the ribcage. It's color is yellow and allow us to FEEL spirit and spirit emotions. You can also strengthen your connection to Spirit by visualizing the healing white light of Spirit coming down through your crown chakra - located at the top of the head. Whenever we channel or do healing work, spirit connects with us through the top of our head. This chakra is purple/violet and as it dissipates up toward Heaven becomes more white/silvery.

4. The biggest problem people have with contacting their guides is TRUST. So even if you think "well, I THOUGHT I kind a FELT like there MIGHT be a guide standing to my left, but I"m probably this imagining it" then PLEASE KNOW that you are NOT imagining it. Spirit is so subtle, of such a fine energy, that we clunky-energy humans often dismiss it. But know that if you imagine Spirit to be there they are there. While we humans think of the imagination as pure fantasy, it is actually the very vehicle through which Spirit contact us.

#7 Kira

Kira

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • Interests:Intellectual discussions about anything as long everyone respects all opinions given.<br /><br />My dogs, cooking, studying (yes), painting and decorating, and learning something new almost every day that I visit Ghostvillage.

Posted 14 January 2008 - 09:20 PM

Great information Sororluna. I just learned some new things today. I never realized how spirit connected through the solar plexis chakra. So much makes sense now. I have suffered from anxiety/panic attacks for years; much less lately though, but they always happened when I was in places that I perceived as having negative energy in them. I feel the attacks always in my solar plexis. There have been many times when I do readings, or simply read a post that I get that feeling right there as well. Thank you for sharing that.

Fletch, ditto what everyone said. Meditation is the key, and it may take some time to get good at it. As with anything we want to develop well, we have to practice. So if at first you don't succeed; try, try again. For me it's a particular beach that my family goes to every summer. Sometimes in my meditation people are there, other times I am all by myself. Just let the images come into your head/mind's eye and don't dismiss anything you see, hear, smell, or sense. Your guides are not going to pop up in front of you like a real person. I see at least one of mine as a sprinking of white lights that twinkle for about 3 seconds and then go away. Sometimes I just feel one or more of them holding my hand. Be patient, breathe deeply in and out and make sure you are in a place where you will not be disturbed. Also, you can start slowly with just a few minutes at a time and eventually work up to 30 minute sessions of meditation.
The Power of 8 Make Your Wishes Come True!<-Click Here Now

#8 fletch1333

fletch1333

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 11:23 PM

Can I meditate outside? To tell you the truth its a bit scary to meditate in the house.

#9 Kira

Kira

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • Interests:Intellectual discussions about anything as long everyone respects all opinions given.<br /><br />My dogs, cooking, studying (yes), painting and decorating, and learning something new almost every day that I visit Ghostvillage.

Posted 14 January 2008 - 11:52 PM

You can meditate anywhere you feel comfortable and will not be interrupted. The main thing is to be alone and not be interrupted. If you have a place in the woods that is private, that is great. Nature is the best place to meditate for sure.
The Power of 8 Make Your Wishes Come True!<-Click Here Now

#10 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 15 January 2008 - 10:24 PM

Meditation is best done where you will not be disturbed or distracted, so you will have to find a place where you will be left alone, be comfortable, and not bothered by noises such as traffic sounds, animal/bird noises. And remember that your goal is to not sleep so don't lay down. Make sure that you are sitting up and have both feet planted firmly on the ground. When I meditate outdoors, I like to have my shoes off so that I can make a better connection to Mother Earth.

Just don't give up, and don't try so hard. You need to relax, which is a huge part of meditation. Relax, and let your mind go to where it will. The excercise in my earlier post - climbing the stairs and waiting for a cloud is just that - an exercise to use to gain experience with meditation. The images described are pretty universal and the symbolism obvious. Keep at it and practice every day and soon you'll find it as ordinary as tying your shoes. And don't forget to journal!
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#11 meanderer

meanderer

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 10:16 AM

fletch,

meditation is important, but also understand...when your guide thinks that you need to see it (he, she, it), they will let you see it. Otherwise, they work behind the scenes. That's always been my belief.

good luck
Beannacht ort

#12 secretsign

secretsign

Loves to take trash and make treasures

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 12:38 PM

It may take many attempts, but the more you meditate the closer you'll get each time.
Now if you have a hard time going it on your own as I did Sylvia Brown has a very good cd that verbally walks you through it and that is how I was able to connect with my guide. The first time too. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.
Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh Good health and every blessing to you

#13 donsfallenangel

donsfallenangel

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 04:30 PM

Please someone give me tips on how to make contact with my spirit guide. I was watching most haunted and the medium kept talking to his guide, Sam. how do I meet my guide?

Hi Fletch, I am new to these boards and the whole spirit guide world. I have been trying to get in contact with my guide as well. So far, I have not made contact but on occasion I have waited until I was alone in my home and relaxed. I have found that although I have not made contact yet I feel like I am getting close. I go to my living room since that is where I feel the most energy I guess you could call it, I sit and relax, no distractions. I kind of get in the state I would when I am doing yoga and just speak like someone were in the room with me. Like I said I have not received a response yet but this is how I have found has been the most helpful to me for relaxing and trying to contact my guide.

As far as the paranormal programs on television, I have never sat and viewed a whole show, Maybe watched 10 minutes or so. To me, and this is just my opinion, I do not believe the shows are real. Some parts may be but again in my opinion I think a lot of it is fictionalized for TV drama.

Many on this board have been helpful to me in trying to find answers, I hope you find the ones you are looking for.

#14 spiritalk

spiritalk

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 12:34 PM

Every meditation has a purpose - to find peace, to connect to guide, etc. There are many techniques used to accomplish a purpose. To meet your spirit guide:
Go into a meditation to find your peace centre. Create a place where you feel safe, protected, loved. Remain there throughout your meditation by returning your mind to this place.

When you want to connect with a spirit guide set a symbol and a seat for your guide to join you during this meditation of peace. They will enhance and/or bring something to your symbol to let you know they are there and ready to commune.

As stated earlier, not everyone is visual. It is energy work. You are expected to note the changes to energy as you work with someone else and attune to their energies. It can come on any of the 5 senses + intuition and I know. Wonderful changes can occur in your meditation when you purposefully attune to your guide.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users