Toddler Sons' Interactions

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,910 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 10 August 2018 - 02:46 PM

I've returned to the Village after a bit of a Sabbatical. Life is hectic, so I won't visit every day.

My dad passed away 18 hours after my second son was born. He and my mom just finished a lunch date before a planned visit to meet their newest grandchild. My dad sat in the passenger seat, clicked his seat belt, then gave up the ghost. Because of my parents' insurance, they had to go to a different hospital. My dad was really gone.  A year later (to the day!) my 97-year-old grandmother passes away due to pneumonia.

That son is now a toddler and starting two-word phrases. he has taken to staring at our front door, laughing, and conversing with someone we can't see. When I say converses, I mean he babbles words, waits for a reply, then babbles more. He points to photos on our walls and says "gram gram" or "gram great" so we think it's family.

My other son is almost 2 years older. Very smart and articulate. He talks about seeing grandpa in heaven and sometimes in the guestroom. I've sensed something or someone but can't put my finger on it. I feel love and brightness, not malice.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#2 autumnbelle

autumnbelle

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts
  • Interests:Am curious about almost anything . . .

Posted 10 August 2018 - 08:31 PM

There is a lot to be said for the generations connecting - and that you feel love and brightness is wonderful. I'm so sorry for your losses, though having the ongoing connections helps some, no doubt.

Eat, drink and be scary. ~Author Unknown

#3 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,211 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 18 August 2018 - 09:04 PM

Welcome back. I'm sorry for your loss. Great story though. Thank you for sharing with us.
Check out my artwork at: http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users