7 replies to this topic

#1 StrangeMichael

StrangeMichael

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 12:20 AM

Hey everyone.

I've been registered here for a little while and have tried several times to update my personal photo and avatar with no luck. Is this an issue others are having as well or am I just not doing something right?

Also is there a way to choose a different forum skin?

Thanks for your help!
Blessings and Peace!M&M Paranormal

#2 mrsspookypants

mrsspookypants

Yep, she's THE GHOST....blame it ALL on her!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts
  • Interests:Scary things....

Posted 05 November 2009 - 11:27 AM

Hi StrangeMichael,

You should be able to update your personal photo and avatar by going through the "my controls" button at the top. You will see a list on the left hand side in which it allows you to edit these options. What problems are you running into when you try to update these?

As for selecting a different skin, I don't believe that option is available......why are you looking to change it?

#3 StrangeMichael

StrangeMichael

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 11:51 AM

Hi StrangeMichael,

You should be able to update your personal photo and avatar by going through the "my controls" button at the top. You will see a list on the left hand side in which it allows you to edit these options. What problems are you running into when you try to update these?

Thanks for the reply mrsspookypants, I've gone back and tried again and got it to work. All except for my personal photo. Haven't been able to get one to accept even though I think I have the sizes right and all. But anyway - the problem I was having was that the pic's I was trying to use were at a url from photobucket which is very long. I guess it was too long to fit into your form. So when I figured that out I just used a picture from my main directory instead of a sub folder, that shortened the url and it took it. Don't know if that is something the administration could adjust or not. *shrug* But anyway - thanks for the reply - I guess I just needed to pay more attention to what was happening.

As for selecting a different skin, I don't believe that option is available......why are you looking to change it?

Meh - I kinda like a darker interface - works better for my poor eyesight for some reason. No big deal though just was wondering if there was a choice option somewhere.

#4 mrsspookypants

mrsspookypants

Yep, she's THE GHOST....blame it ALL on her!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts
  • Interests:Scary things....

Posted 05 November 2009 - 01:07 PM

Glad you got it to work. I also have trouble with photobucket, so I just keep on using Imageshack....old habits are hard to break ;)

As for the darker appearance, sorry can't help you out with that.

#5 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 26 November 2009 - 06:13 PM

You might want to try adjusting the brightness and contrast on your monitor to make it less harsh on your eyes.
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#6 StrangeMichael

StrangeMichael

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 06:22 PM

You might want to try adjusting the brightness and contrast on your monitor to make it less harsh on your eyes.

Good Idea - thanks for the suggestion. :)

#7 Plegreesheexy

Plegreesheexy

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Playing sports

Posted 26 November 2009 - 07:04 PM

I know, I know. :) And while Im in acomplaining mood, how are you meant to know how big your avatnar is? mine wont work

#8 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 27 November 2009 - 01:35 PM

Plegreesheexy,

I've moved your post here to the Technical Support board, as it is off topic for the thread you posted it in, but appropriate for here.

As for Avatars, when you go into your Control Panel and click on Edit Avatar Settings, the first thing you see is this:

Your avatar must be no bigger than 64 pixels by 64 pixels in size. Uploaded avatars from your computer must be no larger than 20 KB.
The following file types are allowed: gif,jpeg,jpg,png

Krafted with luv

by monsters

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users