maltby cemetery

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#61 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 21 August 2010 - 07:22 PM

There is a thread outlining it in the Tech Support Board, found at the following link

http://www.ghostvill...showtopic=28230

Which is pinned at the top of that board. In general, any tech type questions like that are best asked directly in the Tech Support board ( http://www.ghostvill...hp?showforum=18 ) (it's the last board on the forums, after Boiling Point). After, of course, searching to see if your query had already been addressed.

Back to our regularly programed thread discussion

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#62 kevox

kevox

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 02:08 AM

Alright well much to my own freaking dismay when I was cleaning out my car May 22, 2010 I permanently misplaced my cell phone that had the audio recording on it (which I never did get the proper cable to upload to my PC so this recording is gone forever!!!) where you could distingtly here something whisper "They're after you!" however I have an advancement to that story....

And another advancement....just picked up a copy of the book "Pacific Northwest Haunts: A Ghost Hunter's Field Guide" and it had this, among other things, to say about Maltby Cemetery....

"Reports persist of a guard ghost that protects the area and provides a warning to people that if they enter a certain area they will lose their minds. Other visitors have reported hearing the sound of horses' hooves and rumor has it that may be the ghost of a mounted watchman who roams the area."

Sounds like "They're after you..." was my encounter with this watchman! If anyone cares, this EVP was taken on the 2nd level of the cemetery - center-most among all the levels.

#63 Markway

Markway

Can dowse the moon everytime that it's full!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • Interests:Para normal activity of all kinds, but especially the why of where. Bad things happen everywhere, but why is THIS place haunted, charged, etc.? Intelligent exchange of ideas, sharing of experiences and and putting various talents to work on a single problem. High strangeness of all kinds.

Posted 24 March 2011 - 12:14 AM

I have no desire to stalk anyone or stumble around like some crazy hedge creeper, but I would like to have some general idea of where this place is. I live about a mile from downtown Maltby, and feel like a fool to not know something as basic as where the ---- cemetary is located.

There are some odd cemetaries around here, and that's the truth. That Bear Creek one is disturbed. Seen this before; quiet settled spiritual atmosphere, and then "Bamm!" along comes a busy new road and the whole vibe is broken. This happened to my family plot in Bayview Cemetary, Bellingham. The pioneer section is on a slope at the back of the cemetary. I never thought about this until recently, but it was always hard to find the section my family is buried in. Sometimes we never DID find our dead. It had that weird sort of "Time stands still"thing going.

I went there 2 years ago to attend a funeral and had a huge shock. The rear fence had been removed and the rear road which used to have some hidden pocket farms, trees, trails etc. Now it's a busy highway and a number of our graves had been disturbed; missing stones, etc. Interesting, but the area was now dirt easy to find.

There's a small cemetary of maybe a dozen graves next to a log cabin along the Pilchuk river in the town of Snohomish. Snohomish is quite a cool and eerie little town. The Oxford Saloon is pretty haunted. Lots of weird activity; mirror apparitions, poltergeist activity and a very noticeable melancholy mood in an upstairs room where a prostitute is suppossed to have taken her life. Not sure if Snohomish has a ghost tour or not.

Back to the Maltby Cemetary, could someone just give a general area?
Take this kiss upon the brow!
And, in parting from you now,
This much let me avow---
You are not wrong, who deem
That my days have been a dream:
Yet if hope has flown away In a night,
Or in a day, In a vision, or in none,
Is it therefore the less gone?
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream.

#64 iceshark

iceshark

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 10:23 PM

Alright well much to my own freaking dismay when I was cleaning out my car May 22, 2010 I permanently misplaced my cell phone that had the audio recording on it (which I never did get the proper cable to upload to my PC so this recording is gone forever!!!) where you could distingtly here something whisper "They're after you!" however I have an advancement to that story....

And another advancement....just picked up a copy of the book "Pacific Northwest Haunts: A Ghost Hunter's Field Guide" and it had this, among other things, to say about Maltby Cemetery....

"Reports persist of a guard ghost that protects the area and provides a warning to people that if they enter a certain area they will lose their minds. Other visitors have reported hearing the sound of horses' hooves and rumor has it that may be the ghost of a mounted watchman who roams the area."

Sounds like "They're after you..." was my encounter with this watchman! If anyone cares, this EVP was taken on the 2nd level of the cemetery - center-most among all the levels.

Kevox, have you been back recently? We are an adult group planning on first a day trip. Would you gys be intrested in going?
let us know.
We are on northwestgreenthumb.org

#65 kevox

kevox

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 03:58 AM

Sorry guys, I wasn't subscribed to this thread (and I don't frequent the forums here except when I'm thinking about Maltby....) so I had no idea I was almost a year behind on replying lol.
Markway, PM me for directions if you're still interested.

iceshark, are you the one who contacted me a few months ago in regards to a chapter of a book? In any case, yes I have been back since I last posted on here! Very eery. I went with just me and 1 friend last time......boy I don't suggest that! Heard VERY peculiar noises high up in the trees above us. The same noise at our left, then immediately on our right, then behind us, then in front of us, always at only one location at a time & always the exact same noise. Each occurrence sounded like it was 40' or so away from the last one, if not more. After it "circled" us it then began directly above us. That's when we stopped standing there and walked hastily down the path! This noise almost sounded like a small animal hustling on the branches but, again, the same exact noise occurred at opposing sides of us....so if it was a small animal, then it was a small, teleporting animal! lol

I'd love to go back, hit me up.
weird_guy90@hotmail.com for much faster response.

#66 SeattlesBest93

SeattlesBest93

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 04:10 PM

I was just called by a friend of mine about 10 minutes ago (we are both Seniors in HS) telling me to look up stories about Maltby cemetary i said okay whatever thinking it was like a party but he sent me pics of some grave sites with the pentagram and stuff saying its supposidly haunted. I looked up stuff about the 13 steps to hell. Well me and my guy have decided to se what the hype is about and head over there around midnight and i can let you all know how it turns out. I have lived in Echo Lake/Maltby all my life and the other half of the time im at my dads in Seattle. I dont fear the supernatural I have had many run ins with this kind of thing. All that being said I used to be HEAVILY into Satanic Worship and did alot of stuff most people wouldnt, not that im proud of and im happy to say today I am a loving life person and have my BAD_WORD straight doing prety good for myself Just a regular athletic teenager. All these stories have interestedme so we will see what happens. :)

#67 kevox

kevox

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 04:39 AM

...and I'm back online again, lol. SeattlesBest93, do tell how the experience was for you!

#68 White Witch

White Witch

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts
  • Interests:Spirits, Photography, Paranormal Programs, Old Homes and Cottage Life

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:36 PM

This is a place I have never heard of.
Right this way to my haunted space.

#69 Desslok

Desslok

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:28 AM

Hey guys!

I stumbled into this thread because I'm into photography and a friend of mine suggested going and shooting the Maltby Cemetary when I mentioned that I wanted to get some seasonaly creepy graveyard shots. So my approach is a little less paranormal, more practical - how does the cemetary look? Is it pretty photogenic? Is it worth making a trip and risking strange things that go bump in the night for some shots?

(On the other hand, if someone know of an awesome looking cemetary in the greater Seattle area that doesnt have guard dogs, no tresspassing signs and threats of being attacked by demons and/or ghosts named Jeremel, that would do too!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users