Poppet's Way*Must Read*

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 ShadowLegend

ShadowLegend

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 03:47 AM

Hello i recently red a topic about Poppet's Way, and I've been down that street it looks kinda creepy. My mom and my StepDad lives in NewPort about shoot 4 minutes from Poppet's Way. Im thinking about going their and investigating it but im to scared to go alone, so if anyone that lives in Crosby or near the town contact me. Also I sent *Ghost Hunters* a email about this haunted neighborhood, hopefully they'll respond and come and investigate it. Ya know what's funny Im a Delivery Driver from Dominoes in Crosby and I believe one of my co-workers deliverd pizza to 803 Poppet's Way or it could have been an house next to it. So yeah anyway's if anyone is interested in going their one night hit me up, on this topic..

#2 ravenhecate

ravenhecate

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Interests:Art, Paganism, Animals

Posted 01 November 2006 - 03:49 AM

Welcome to Ghost Village. What state are you from? I'm not familiar with the name. It would be cool if TAPS took your suggestion, but they are probably receiving millons upon millons of suggestions tonight.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 ShadowLegend

ShadowLegend

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 03:52 AM

im originally from bryan college station Texas but im living in BayTown Texas right now

#4 sooz_e

sooz_e

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:Supernatural stuff(Duh), Camping, Animals, Arts & Crafts, History, doing research on my ancestors, watching movies, I play around at writing from time to time. I LOVE my state and can not see enough of it (I am a 5th gen Texan), working outside landscaping for my house and my mother's, helping my mother remodel her house.

Posted 06 May 2007 - 12:19 PM

im originally from bryan college station Texas but im living in BayTown Texas right now

Okay I am not sure but isn't Poppet's way the area that is north of Houston and was a big subdivision that was built on top of an old freed slave cementary but the new home owners were never told that information. There is a movie that is like the Lifetime movie type format about the story and of course the movie Poltergeist was based upon the story of Poppet's Way. If I am wrong please someone let me know but I think that I am right. By the way, the movie Poltergeist was and still is in my opinion one of the scariest movies ever, I could never watch static on a T.V. after that movie again.

#5 Mark London

Mark London

So open minded that his brain has fallen out....watch your step

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:If they need me I help them

Posted 06 May 2007 - 01:00 PM

Im from England, but would love to hear if an investigation was carried out and the results !

#6 sooz_e

sooz_e

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:Supernatural stuff(Duh), Camping, Animals, Arts & Crafts, History, doing research on my ancestors, watching movies, I play around at writing from time to time. I LOVE my state and can not see enough of it (I am a 5th gen Texan), working outside landscaping for my house and my mother's, helping my mother remodel her house.

Posted 06 May 2007 - 01:31 PM

Im from England, but would love to hear if an investigation was carried out and the results !

Well Mark you can google it on th web and find out quiet a bit about it, the name of the actual subdivision is Newport and the street where the event took place is names Poppet's Way. I have found someone on yahoo 360 that has a blog about investigating the area and some more information about the place. Here is the link if you want to read what she has written in her blog about it and it looks like she has several other stories about ghosts in Texas on her blog.

http://blog.360.yaho...5ss378XP4nr?p=6

I noticed that you are from England was it the topic that interested you or do you just have an interest in The Great State of Texas???? Just curious.

#7 Mark London

Mark London

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 01:34 PM

Hey thanks Sooz_e

I just like to read about other people experiences other than my own, and of course
Texas must be beautiful !! :wow:

#8 littlemissfitz

littlemissfitz

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 01:41 PM

Not sure if your aware but there is a 5 page thread on Poppets way under the Haunted Land section of this website. Its very interesting.

#9 sooz_e

sooz_e

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 01:42 PM

Hey thanks Sooz_e

I just like to read about other people experiences other than my own, and of course

Well yes it is especially since we have now come out of a 2&1/2 year state wide drought everything here is just as green as it can be. There are a lot of interesting haunted places in Texas as it's history goes way back some parts of it further back than the original 13 states since it was once at one time under Spanish control. San Antonio and Jefferson are two of the oldest cities in the state and are wildly haunted and most of the the stories you hear from these places are well documented. Have you ever experienced any spirits or hauntings of your own????

#10 littlemissfitz

littlemissfitz

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 01:45 PM

Not sure if your aware but there is a 5 page thread on Poppets way under the Haunted Land section of this website. Its very interesting.

Sorry, i should have said that the thread is entitled 'CROSBY, TEXAS'

Thanks x

#11 Mark London

Mark London

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 01:49 PM

Hey thanks Sooz_e

Well yes it is especially since we have now come out of a 2&1/2 year state wide drought everything here is just as green as it can be. There are a lot of interesting haunted places in Texas as it's history goes way back some parts of it further back than the original 13 states since it was once at one time under Spanish control. San Antonio and Jefferson are two of the oldest cities in the state and are wildly haunted and most of the the stories you hear from these places are well documented. Have you ever experienced any spirits or hauntings of your own????

Yes, almost daily !

#12 sooz_e

sooz_e

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 01:58 PM

Sorry, i should have said that the thread is entitled 'CROSBY, TEXAS'

Thanks x

I saw that thread on the web when I was searching it too, Thanks Little Missfitz for the help on that and I also believe that there is also more info on it on the Shadowlands website as well. Sorry I didn't see but are you from Texas too????

#13 littlemissfitz

littlemissfitz

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 02:04 PM

No, another one from over the water - South Wales this time!

BTW I was always very intrigued about the Poppets Way story ever since seeing the film 'Grave Secrets - The Legacy of Hilltop Drive'. There is also a book out called 'The Black Hope Horror' but I can't seem to get it over here in the UK.

It seems that even now there are many people moving out of this area - apparently although the housing is fairly modern and seems a great area for families, many houses are unnoccupied. i find it intriguing.

#14 Mark London

Mark London

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 02:07 PM

South Wales, where's that then ? lol

#15 sooz_e

sooz_e

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 02:14 PM

No, another one from over the water - South Wales this time!

BTW I was always very intrigued about the Poppets Way story ever since seeing the film 'Grave Secrets - The Legacy of Hilltop Drive'. There is also a book out called 'The Black Hope Horror' but I can't seem to get it over here in the UK.

It seems that even now there are many people moving out of this area - apparently although the housing is fairly modern and seems a great area for families, many houses are unnoccupied. i find it intriguing.

You are right there are from what i have heard through the net and bits here and there that on that street especially at that end of it no one stays in the houses for long before they move. I believe that at one time I heard that in that same area there was also an old indian burial ground as well. It seems that I heard tale that the Indian spirits did not bother the ex slaves because the slaves asked for permission and forgiveness and made a pact to not build in that area. Now that is all hear say but who knows.

On a different note you say that you are from South Wales, I am curious about one of my Great Grandparents sir name and was told that it might be welsh. I know that I am going to sound like a stupid "yank" for asking you this but I thought it might be worth a try, the name is Glasscock, if you can't help that is fine and I appreciate the thoughtfulness all the same.

If I run across the book I will pick it up and try to get back in touch with you and let you know that I have it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Yahoo (1)