74 replies to this topic

#61 secretsign

secretsign

Loves to take trash and make treasures

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 12:14 PM

I dvr'd it so I'll watch tonight.
Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh Good health and every blessing to you

#62 AnnieV

AnnieV

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 01:12 PM

I watched last night. It was a pretty good one, and I love Josh Gates so that was a bonus.

I busted out laughing at one point because when I heard the first EVP they caught I couldn've sworn it said "Cheeeeseburger!" :lol: I listened again, and of course I realized that wasn't what it was saying. But it was good for a nice laugh!
Posted Image

#63 Joven76

Joven76

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 01:40 PM

Did anyone catch last night's episode? I went to bed early and missed it.

I did... I found it to be one of the better episodes they've had... Lot of debunking going on as usual, but some things that could not be explained...

I especially liked the host of Destination Truth doing the investigation with them... There is just something about him that made the show so much better... I think because I didn't feel as if I was being talked down to by Rob and Andy... He seemed to bring a balance...

I also found it laughable when he and Brian went to go out on their own to investigate... I looked like Brian was throwing a tempertantrum at one point... LOL

But all in all, it was a good episode...

Christopher
PB&J Paranormal proudly supports the St. Baldrick's Foundation for childhood cancer research so that all children diagnosed with cancer will have a better chance for a cure.

Posted Image

#64 Cynthia_TN

Cynthia_TN

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Interests:Beyond the paranormal, which is obvious, I like to read (mainly paranormal books, bios, true crime, etc..), make graphics and layouts, playing Texas Hold 'Em ( I racked up some dough New Year's Eve! lol), and I enjoy doing a lot of outdoor type things. I come from a drag racing family, so it's always fun to head to the track to watch my family race.

Posted 21 February 2008 - 02:47 PM

Did anyone catch last night's episode? I went to bed early and missed it.

I did... I found it to be one of the better episodes they've had... Lot of debunking going on as usual, but some things that could not be explained...

I especially liked the host of Destination Truth doing the investigation with them... There is just something about him that made the show so much better... I think because I didn't feel as if I was being talked down to by Rob and Andy... He seemed to bring a balance...

I also found it laughable when he and Brian went to go out on their own to investigate... I looked like Brian was throwing a tempertantrum at one point... LOL

But all in all, it was a good episode...

Christopher

LMAO@AnnieV ("cheeseburger")!

I watched it a little while ago on the Sci-Fi website. I forgot I could watch the episodes there! lol! Anyhow, I agree it was a good show. Yeah, Brian was pretty laughable when he was trying to provoke the spirit(s). I liked Josh being on there. He seemed to fit right in. I'd like to see him investigate with them again in the future.

Edited by Cynthia_TN, 21 February 2008 - 02:48 PM.

Posted Image

#65 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,888 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 21 February 2008 - 05:59 PM

Yeah, Brian was hamming it up for that segment but the episode was quite good.
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#66 Seeker

Seeker

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 07:34 PM

I liked Josh Gates too. He blended right in and added a little humor. Good episode.
There is nothing left to say.Me

#67 secretsign

secretsign

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 09:23 AM

I'm in agreement here too. Bryan had me rolling with his antic and Monkey boy climbing the tower was cool. Josh seem to ad alittle pump up the volume to the team.
Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh Good health and every blessing to you

#68 Axman

Axman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,888 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 22 February 2008 - 07:33 PM

I'm in agreement here too. Bryan had me rolling with his antic and Monkey boy climbing the tower was cool. Josh seem to ad alittle pump up the volume to the team.

Dropped a camcorder while he was at it too! :)
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#69 secretsign

secretsign

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 08:44 PM

oh yeah,he just about took josh's head off

#70 Axman

Axman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 11:49 PM

I was curious about Andy climbing up on some hunk of pipe. I kept thinking, "What is he doing?" He already showed that the mortar was crumbling and then they lean a pipe (or whatever it was) up against the crumbling wall for him to climb up on a centuries old balcony. I give Andy credit for his bravery and trust of the castle.

#71 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,452 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 05:31 AM

I know, I know, I'm a late comer to this show. I just found out about it when I was flipping through the channels and here in Canada it's in the 'Space Channel' (now I know there's such a thing).
I like the show. I like the way they conduct their investigations and how they're so brave doing it. I mean, I wouldn't be able to stand in the dark and have an unseen hand pat me on the shoulder without running outta there :angry: . I also like it in the end of each episode and they present their evidence.
I'll keep watching and they have episodes in youtube as well.

GOD is Good

#72 eatnama

eatnama

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Interests:Ghost novels, 19th century gothic novels; books in general, photography

Posted 03 February 2009 - 04:12 AM

I think I'm more into GHI than TAPS. Sure, some of the members are the same as in previous seasons of TAPS, but in GHI they seem more relaxed and actually seem to have more fun (not sure if "fun" is the right word here, but you catch my drift). I'm also a big fan of Barry, who puts in the effort to learn different languages and tries to speak to the ghosts in their native languages - like my BF pointed out, why do TAPS always assume all ghosts speak English?

Some of the places GHI has been to are really exciting. Just as TAPS has taught me a lot about American history (the Winchester house, Civil war sites...), GHI has shown a lot of eg. European history - stuff you wouldn't ordinarily hear even in History lessons.

I'm really excited about the new season! I heard GHI went to Copenhagen and north Sweden, but I haven't seen the episodes yet. I have been racking my mind to think of places in Finland that GHI could investigate :weeee:

But what bums me out is that I can't watch any episodes on the Sci-Fi channel website! Looks like Scandinavian and/or European countries can't view any of the clips, not episodes and not the extras. That is just plain stupid.

#73 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,452 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 06:36 PM

Just saw an episode recently where GHI investigate a castle in Czecholslovakia. There's supposed to be a gateway to hell within it. I thought it was pretty creepy. Barry was seeing shadow winged beings flying about and Dustin threw a rock into the darkness and told the spirit to do something....well it did-it threw some of the rocks back to him!
Yeah that place had some definite evil stuff happening in there.

GOD is Good

#74 jenjen

jenjen

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 09:42 AM

GHI was here in the Philippines a time back and they tackled the old US hospital over at Clark Air Base and the Diplomat Hotel.

I saw the Diplomat Hotel episode and they concluded that they felt the place wasn't haunted.

From what I've heard, they concluded that the old US hospital in Clark Air Base is haunted although I haven't seen that episode.

Size Does Matter

#75 BringOnTheGhosts

BringOnTheGhosts

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 10:08 AM

I have a hard time getting into this one. I love GH, but GHI kind of irritates me. The team just seems a bit amateur. Not that they compare to GAC, but I think they just like to be on camera. Except Barry :) My mom and I love Barry :clap:
One bright day in the middle of the night,Two dead boys got up to fight,Back to back they faced each other,Drew their swords and shot each other,A deaf policeman heard the noise,And went to save those two dead boys,If you donít believe itís true,Ask the blind man he saw it too.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users