• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 09 January 2004 - 04:20 PM

We have an office building that is off main site which used to be a private residence. Not really sure about the age of the house but is at least 20 years old. (will find out more about that as I get into this a bit) Last year 2 days before Christmas I went to this office and dropped off a gift for the ladies working there. When I arrived only one lady was still there so we were talking in the reception area when we heard a child laugh and run to the back of the house. We went to investigate and found nobody there, as it should have been since she was there alone until I arrived.

I had heard some of the people that had been working on the remodeling of the house who stated that they had seen a little boy playing in the area around the house while the work was going on and nobody actually knew who the boy was. And everytime they were able to go talk to him to find out who he was he could never be found.

OK now for the newest and best. Yesterday, 01/08/2004 at approximately 3pm one of the ladies was working alone and had the doors locked for safety. She was in her office when she heard a child laugh in the lounge area just outside her office. A little startled with the sound since she was supposed to be alone she grabbed a can of pepper spray from her purse and carefully went into the next room to see who or what was there. She stated to me that she saw a young boy sitting on the sofa with his back to her. She stated that before she could speak to him that he got up and walked down the hall toward the back office and just faded away as he walked.

When I spoke to her today about this she stated that she has never believed in anything like this but she now knows without a shadow of a doubt that something else does exist, and that she can not give any other explanation for it.

I have been given permission to be on site after hours and on weekends to see what I can find. She also stated that she did not feel threatened or frightened at all when this happened. I will be getting into this as soon as possible and will post what I find or dont find when it comes up. 8)
Welcome to ghostvillage, home of 24,000+ smiling faces and a few old grouches."Some things have to be believed to be seen"Ralph Hodgson

#2 hoppip

hoppip

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 09 January 2004 - 04:35 PM

sounds like you might find something.  Good luck.

#3 MoonChild

MoonChild

The One Within!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,827 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 10 January 2004 - 01:39 AM

will people still "believe"?

Take my hand and we'll go riding through the sunshine from above

#4 secretsign

secretsign

Loves to take trash and make treasures

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 10 January 2004 - 07:10 AM

Moon, sounds like at least one is a believer now ;D

CajunKnight,I can't wait to hear more,happy hunting [smiley=cwm7.gif]
Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh Good health and every blessing to you

#5 Ghostmom

Ghostmom

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 10 January 2004 - 09:10 AM

Keep us posted and happy hunting :)
Believe in the unknown.Its out there.

#6 ghosthunter_girl

ghosthunter_girl

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 10 January 2004 - 11:47 AM

Good luck!
"The head are the invisible ones, but not the absent ones." -Victor Hugo

#7 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 10 January 2004 - 07:20 PM

BTW it may be as much as a month before we actually try to locate something there. We need to do a bit of foot work on this one first.
Welcome to ghostvillage, home of 24,000+ smiling faces and a few old grouches."Some things have to be believed to be seen"Ralph Hodgson

#8 lmackey

lmackey

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 12 January 2004 - 05:44 AM

I love children spirits the most, they are so inocent and full of energy.  I would love to here about what you find!
lmackey, the (Ghost) Village Idiot

#9 SpectralSpy

SpectralSpy

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 12 January 2004 - 08:38 AM

Very cool story.I love to hear stories of skeptics being blown away with experiences like that.
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious.It is the source of all true art and science.He to whom this emotion is a stranger,who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe,is as good as dead-His eyes are closed."Albert Einstein

#10 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 12 January 2004 - 08:44 AM

Hey,Cajun...Coolness, please keep us posted.

Awww, c'mon, Bud, you know the foot work's half the fun :)

Hi, LMackey,
I also think they're more trusting, which works well if you're trying to convince them that its time to go home, but
from my own experiences, I get a lot of background energy, the parents' and family's grief for their loss, which makes it kind of gnarley sometimes
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#11 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 12 January 2004 - 02:53 PM

OK I spoke with her again today and she stated to me that the she did in fact speak to the boy who then turned and looked straight at her and smiled before getting up and walking away, (so this would be classified as an interactive haunting). She also stated that other things such as the copier starting by itself, the door to another office opening and closing by itself, water running in the sink when nobody was in that room, her jacket being tugged on while washing her hands, and footsteps being heard in the hall and out under the car port with no explanation for these things at all. So far the bulk of things that have happened were during the week of the full moon. The previous owner stated that he feels that the child is in some way connected to the materials (cypress wood) that he purchased from an old house out of New Orleans area that had been torn down. I believe the bulk of the house that the materials came from had been destroyed by fire. I plan to talk to the previous owner and try to get info on the house in New Orleans.

Actually I find the foot work to be just as much fun as the haunting itself.

#12 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 06 March 2004 - 07:01 PM

Well we have made two trips to the office to try to find something. On the first trip we were let in and the alarm was shut off. We were outside talking to the man who let us in and he left. We started to unload our cameras and check things over and started in and the door was locked and the alarm had been reset. So of course we set off the alarm and had to sit and wait for the police to arrive. Of course they were surprised to find us since we work there. (For those not aware this is a sheriff's office owned building.) We were told that the alarm auto resets when the building is secured.

We made a second trip last night, and pretty much the same thing happened. This time however I had blocked the door open with my camera bag while I was getting other things out of the truck. When we returned to go inside the door was closed and locked and the alarm was set off again. This time we didnt wait for someone to arrive, instead we called the office and told them we had set it off so nobody was sent out. The camera bag was found setting outside under the car port about 8' from the door. The office manager asked us not to try again because she feels that this spirit seems to not want to be disturbed. So I guess this office is off limits for now. We are thinking about going back and putting cameras outside the windows as soon as we can get someone to leave the blinds open for us.

Also we have since been informed that the alarm does not have auto reset feature. It must be turned on manually.

#13 Cristelle32

Cristelle32

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 07 March 2004 - 01:30 AM

wow! incredible story.  Let us know more when you've got more news, Cajun

#14 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 07 March 2004 - 06:10 PM

Well it looks like I have to leave it alone for a few months. This is one of the people that will not be working here after the changeover. So I will try again after July gets here.

#15 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,213 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 08 March 2004 - 04:52 AM

Cajun,

That is really too bad that your investigation went south on you. I guess what I would have done on the second night is make it someone's job to stand in the doorway while the equipment was being loaded into the office just to be safe.  Oh well hindsight huh.  I wish you the best of luck in getting in again and making it work, it sounds like a very good haunt. ;D
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users