• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 JeniSue21

JeniSue21

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 29 May 2003 - 09:22 PM

I grew up with my grandparents as much as I did any of my family.  So when my grandfather passed away (march of 2000) I didnt take it so well.  I was 5 months pregnant, and having alot of problems (ex: they thought I was going to be diabetic)  After my grandfather passed, I had several "dreams" that he would come and visit me.  One of which he was accompanied by by 6yr old cousin who had passed the year before from a brain tumor.  In that encounter, they were standing by my bed, and both told me I would have a beautiful daughter, and that everthing would be alright.  
Another happened after I had my daughter.  Now I am a smoker, and anyone is a smoker knows the importance of having cigarettes in the morning.  I went to bed with only one cigarette left, knowing if I smoked it I wouldnt be "motivated" for lack of a better word, in the morning.  That night, I was home alone.  I was staying with my mom, who was, that night away at her b/f's house.  I dreamt that my grandfather came and talked to me.  He asked me if he could have a cigarette.  (Before he passed we would not allow him to smoke b/c he had pnumonia and could not hold them w/o dropping them do an earlier stroke)  Being as close as I was with him, I told him I had only one left, but he was welcome to it.  Wouldnt you know, when I got up in the morning, my cigarette was gone!! :o  It wasnt in the ashtray either, I am a smoker who doesnt care for dirty ashtrays, go figure!!!  Anyone had anything like this happen???? ???

#2 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 04:18 PM

Hi, JeniSue and welcome to GV :)

First let me offer my very serious condolance for the loss of family, Hun :'(

But, my gosh, what a curious encounter and while I've never had an entity bum a smoke, I HAVE had family and friends who've crossed from this world come back, usually shortly after crossing<outbound visitations>It sounds like you had a very close bond to him, so I think its only natural that he'd cross back to reassure you that things would work out alright. Have those 2 encounters been the only times you've seen him? Have you felt that someone was close by? Thank you very much for sharing your encounter ;D
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#3 JeniSue21

JeniSue21

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 04:57 PM

I have had several other encounters, and hope to find the time to post them soon.  I have always felt him with me, there's never been a doubt about that.  I knew he had passed, before my phone rang.  It was this chill I got that just ran down my body and like 5 minutes later my mom called to say he had passed.  Thanks for the condolences, they are much appreciated. :)

#4 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 01 June 2003 - 08:00 AM

Hi, Jen, Looking forward to reading about more of your encounters, was it mainly with family spirits or are there non-related spirits as well?

Sorry it took so long to post back, work's been kind of chaotic this weekend

I've had similar experiences when friends have crossed,
almost like you feel their spirit pass through you to say "See ya later" and I've felt it as both kind of an encompassing warmth<I always kind of thought it was a matter of how close I was to the person but now I'm wondering>or a slight chill. You know, that's very very cool, sounds like you've got kind of a Guardian Angel in your grandfather...or a protective ancestral spirit, depending on your beliefs...either way, methinks its way cool ;D

Peace,
Drew
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#5 JeniSue21

JeniSue21

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 02 June 2003 - 03:46 AM

Yes Whispering, I agree.  I think its awesome.  Whether it be an intuition we have, or its really the message coming from the one who passed.  I do believe the strength of your bond with that person decides the strength of the "feel" you get.   :)

#6 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 02 June 2003 - 04:04 PM

agreed :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users