Telling people about your abilities

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#16 singer

singer

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy music and practice the dicipline of &quot;Happy.&quot; It takes constant effort and attention to create and maintain a peaceful happy life. <br /><br />I've been told that I live in a &quot;pink bubble world&quot;. Ha! It's taken a life of experiencing the dark side to create this sweet abundant life. It has all of the colors, not just pink. What it doesn't have are people who are disturbing and sick minded. There is no room in my life for hurtful abusive friends or family. <br /><br />After 40 years as a professional musician, entertainer and producer, I now teach. I love it. No more travel or long late nights with strangers who pretend to be friends. <br /><br />My home is the creative result of my happy state of mind. There are beautiful flowers and huge gold fish. The squirrels come every day to gather the nuts I provide. Two feeders keep dozens of hummingbirds busy.<br /><br />Four days each week, people come to learn what a life time of hard living has taught me. They come to learn how to play. We play music.

Posted 22 October 2006 - 12:27 PM

How do you guys here (the ones that are sensitives, as you guys put it) handle telling people what you can do. About the only person that knows about me is my fiancee Melissa, and she believes me of course because she can do the same thing.

A part of me is still skeptical about what I can do and doesn't want to believe it, but there is really nothing that can dissprove to me that I can sense ghosts (but then again I only started really beleiving a few weeks ago). The thing is, if there is a part of me that doesn't want to beleive, then how do I expect other people to beleive?

And there is the thing about people thinking I'm a nut. And then there are probably people that beleive in ghosts, but also a lot of other stuff that may or may not be true and could try to use me to validate all their beliefs.

Do you guys don't tell anyone unless you somehow know they already believe in these sort of things? Also, when you find someone that claims to be able to do something, how do you know whether they are genuine or delusional? Of course, if someone claimed to be able to do what I do I could tell whether they are lying or not because I can actually do it. In short, how do you guys handle skepticism?

Greetings and Good Morning. I am new here as well.

I have always been open, but really became involved in the 1970's when I was 17. Being a flower child was "cool" and the traditional Christians were not nearly so powerful.

I had gone to a retreat were a woman went around the circle and told each person about themselves by reading their 'colors'. I'd never seen her before, yet she told me about myself. I was AMAZED to put it mildly. I believed that if I could do that I would be able to avoid getting hurt. I began to study and pray.

Soon I was able to do the same thing as the "retreat woman". This is not aura reading in my case. The inquirer tells me a name. A color-field appears on a screen in my mind. I interpret the colors.

During the same year, I went for an I Ching reading. It was so helpful that I bought my own book and began to practice.

When I was 19, I had my first serious experience. I was going to commit suicide, had a large butcher knife on my wrist, when two spirit hands took me by the shoulders, the knife dropped from my hands. The spirit hands turned me, directed me to walk from the kitchen. I found myself in front of the phone book. (I was living in Los Angeles at the time with an abusive husband who drugged, drank and verbally abused me) Anyway, I opened the phone book. It was the page for a taxi. It was as if I was in a trance. I dialed the number, then turned the pages again. There was the number for PSA Airlines. I packed my things in a pillow case, took the cab to the airport, flew home and was lovingly nursed back to health by my family.

There's no denying what happened then or what has been my life experience since.

What is a ghost? Just a spirit without a body, that doesn't quite know how to get home (to the afterlife) There is nothing to fear, but fear. Stay in a state of love and send them to the light. If they won't go, call an angel to help them.

Blessings!

Edited by MoonChild, 22 October 2006 - 12:31 PM.

SingerJoy is a way a traveling for the singer of songs."

#17 Roadkill

Roadkill

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:Checking out &quot;haunted Areas&quot; and posting about them on my site, Playing Drums (yes I'm a musician too), Web Design, fast cars, and well.....everything else on a need to know basis hmmm---kay?

Posted 23 October 2006 - 08:27 PM

I have a bit of "sensitivity". I can sense a presence but cannot see it per se. (in other words, I'm a
Clairsentience. I have the ability to "feel" that something's there but I can't see it. Sounds, Temperature changes, etc. Like all my senses work psychicly except vision.)
They're Here!

#18 Broken.up.inside

Broken.up.inside

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:I'm here for answers. I like art. A lot. I love to read books like &quot;Tithe&quot; by Holly Black. And &quot;Wicked&quot; buy... umm... I forgot.... oops. ;] lol. I'm quirky and, the weird stuff happening is really taking a toll on me.<br />what's worse. My birthday is on Friday the 13 this year. NO CHAINSAWS I hope

Posted 23 October 2006 - 08:44 PM

I have a bit of "sensitivity". I can sense a presence but cannot see it per se. (in other words, I'm a
Clairsentience. I have the ability to "feel" that something's there but I can't see it. Sounds, Temperature changes, etc. Like all my senses work psychicly except vision.)

Yeah, I know what you mean. Only, I can see stuff but, If I look directly at it it disappears and, I don't know what the voices say. (I am not skitsophrenic(sp?)) One stad out but, I still don't know what it says :) .
Knock, Knock... Wake up Neo.... Follow the White Rabbit. BE AFRAID OF THE FUTURE.

#19 singer

singer

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy music and practice the dicipline of &quot;Happy.&quot; It takes constant effort and attention to create and maintain a peaceful happy life. <br /><br />I've been told that I live in a &quot;pink bubble world&quot;. Ha! It's taken a life of experiencing the dark side to create this sweet abundant life. It has all of the colors, not just pink. What it doesn't have are people who are disturbing and sick minded. There is no room in my life for hurtful abusive friends or family. <br /><br />After 40 years as a professional musician, entertainer and producer, I now teach. I love it. No more travel or long late nights with strangers who pretend to be friends. <br /><br />My home is the creative result of my happy state of mind. There are beautiful flowers and huge gold fish. The squirrels come every day to gather the nuts I provide. Two feeders keep dozens of hummingbirds busy.<br /><br />Four days each week, people come to learn what a life time of hard living has taught me. They come to learn how to play. We play music.

Posted 23 October 2006 - 08:53 PM

Hello Roadkill. I see with the colored part of my eye, not the pupil. It's like looking out of the corner of my eye. In this way, I see nature spirits and guides. Another way I see is with my imagination. I know it is not fantasy, because it usually is something I would never imagine AND I will remember what I saw. A day dream will fade. Reality stays with me as a memory of something physical will stay. I believe that people often see their loved ones in spirit, but miss it. They have an expectaion of what they should see.

There are as many ways to perceive as we can imagine and then more. It always amazes me.
Thank you for sharing with us. Blessings!

#20 Roadkill

Roadkill

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:Checking out &quot;haunted Areas&quot; and posting about them on my site, Playing Drums (yes I'm a musician too), Web Design, fast cars, and well.....everything else on a need to know basis hmmm---kay?

Posted 23 October 2006 - 09:16 PM

Hello Roadkill. I see with the colored part of my eye, not the pupil. It's like looking out of the corner of my eye. In this way, I see nature spirits and guides. Another way I see is with my imagination. I know it is not fantasy, because it usually is something I would never imagine AND I will remember what I saw. A day dream will fade. Reality stays with me as a memory of something physical will stay. I believe that people often see their loved ones in spirit, but miss it. They have an expectaion of what they should see.

There are as many ways to perceive as we can imagine and then more. It always amazes me.
Thank you for sharing with us. Blessings!

Exactly. Most of mine are in areas you'd never expect it, or in areas you might! For example, in the nearby city of Tacoma, rumor had it that the Gog-le-hi-te wetlands were haunted by native american spirits. I went there...didn't feel a thing! Go to an UNDOCUMENTED haunted area like the old Rhodes Department store in the downtown part of the same city...LOADS of stuff there! Last clairaudience Experience I remembered was back in 1998, when my best freind was killed in a drive by shooting. I didn't even "know" he was dead yet. Not until I got a call from his wife a half hour later stating what happened and the outcome. When I went to the Western Washington State Sanitarium today. I sensed a lot of pain and suffering there. I heard what sounded like somebody being tortured as well.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Only, I can see stuff but, If I look directly at it it disappears and, I don't know what the voices say. (I am not skitsophrenic(sp?)) One stad out but, I still don't know what it says :) .

People like you, combined with people like me, could get a broader picture of the whole thing, You'd see it whereas I won't, but I would be able to hear it or "feel" it.
They're Here!

#21 JimDe

JimDe

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 10:16 PM

I believe people can solicit and acquire guidance from others who have walked a similar path to their own, but in establishing your own sense of abilities you need to seek the answers from within yourself. The sincere efforts of those here may help to place you on your path, but it is your path. It is you who must follow the path wherever it may lead in order to find yourself and your true capabilities. Along the way obstacles and obstructions may be placed in your path, at times these obstacles may seem hazardous to your physical and psychological well being. If you choose to go around these obstructions you may falter from your true path. It is not always easy to determine the proper direction for oneself, and from time to time we can lose our way, but never allow another to push you from your own path.
Posted Image

#22 Mrs. Bryan

Mrs. Bryan

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 10:51 PM

For me, I Tell All All the time.
I Don't care who knows and who doesn't!
I have been fighting those that Don't believe for the longest time.
Even my own Family believes me to be Crazy.
I am PROUD of what I have for Abilities!

#23 singer

singer

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 11:31 AM

For me, I Tell All All the time.
I Don't care who knows and who doesn't!
I have been fighting those that Don't believe for the longest time.
Even my own Family believes me to be Crazy.
I am PROUD of what I have for Abilities!

Good morning Roadkill.

This is all so interesting to me. I do not have a need for people to understand me or accept my beliefs. My life goal is abundant health, wealth and happiness.

I have some questions. You obviously don't have to answer. I'm just interested in you.

What do you mean by "fighting"?
How do you feel (ie: excited, enthusiastic, defensive, fearful, angry ...)
Do you fantasize about fighting with them?
Is it enjoyable?
Is there a goal for you?
Do you see them as wrong?

Ok. I'll stop. By the way, "Roadkill" is a great name. There's a roadkill cafe in Oregon. Smile. Life is fun.

#24 singer

singer

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 11:46 AM

Wow Roadkill. I love this.

You wrote, "When I went to the Western Washington State Sanitarium today. I sensed a lot of pain and suffering there. I heard what sounded like somebody being tortured as well."

I used to do music therapy at sanitariums and convalescent hospitals. Sometimes I'd get pulled into the sadness and frustration of the places. The first time it happened, I was in the middle of the song and didn't think I'd be able to go on. I heard my Self say inside my head, "Oh, God help me thru this."

There in the back of the room was an angel with feathered wings and long blond hair, she was smiling at me, clapping in time and dancing from side to side to the music. Beside her was a college age man in an early 1900's cheerleading outful (short pants, knee socks, saddle shoes, hat, etc.) with a magaphone in one hand. He was also dancing side-to-side, smiling, keeping time to the song. I felt immediately better. A flood of sweet joyous enthusiasm entered me. It was as if I was washed clean of the despair and filled up with ... well ... joy and love.

Highly charged emotion residue is left behind. Sometimes I pick it up when I walk or drive thru the space. It can be debilitating. Thank God for the higher power that comes when I ask and heals me. :Spaz:

#25 JimDe

JimDe

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 01:25 PM

A person should be proud of everything they do; if they do it proudly, I certainly agree with that, thanks for reminding me. …If I were James Dean, and someone tried to push me from my path, I‘d push back.

I do not often post on the boards; I jumped in on this after reading the replies of you responders. I would like to show an example of exactly what is being spoken of here in this discussion. Please read the following thread (its short), but I ask that you just read it without responding to it. I’m sure you will relate to my current situation as I relate to yours. I use this only as a working example of pushing back. Btw this was an excellent topic. Thanks for letting me join in.
http://www.ghostvill...showtopic=16709
Posted Image

#26 Mrs. Bryan

Mrs. Bryan

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 10:58 PM

As for my "Fighting" those that Don't believe for the longest time, I like to "Break Down Bariers," change minds, and Educate.
Sometimes, I DO have to be "On the Defensive," because there are those that like to try to "Destroy" me (in thier own Narrow scope of thinking) and make me feel and look worthless.
I Do NOT Fantasize about "Fighting" Anyone.
I have to stay "Mentally Tough" (To Borrow an Old Rodeo Addage), to brave the waters around those who are Non - Believers.
Fighting Non - Believers is NEVER "Fun" and should NEVER be considered such.
My "Goal" is to Educate, Educate, Educate!
In some cases, I DO see them as "Wrong" especially when they like to spread Crap and Rumors about me that turn into Lies that turn into questions that turn into nearly Life - Threatening Battles.

#27 singer

singer

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 10:09 AM

A person should be proud of everything they do; if they do it proudly, I certainly agree with that, thanks for reminding me. …If I were James Dean, and someone tried to push me from my path, I‘d push back.

I do not often post on the boards; I jumped in on this after reading the replies of you responders. I would like to show an example of exactly what is being spoken of here in this discussion. Please read the following thread (its short), but I ask that you just read it without responding to it. I’m sure you will relate to my current situation as I relate to yours. I use this only as a working example of pushing back. Btw this was an excellent topic. Thanks for letting me join in.
http://www.ghostvill...showtopic=16709

JimDe. I read your beginning post on the link above. You are the only one who has to forgive you. You can't kill spirit. It goes against natural law. Also: God does not judge so has no need to forgive. The spirits just go elsewhere what ever that means in a non-physical reality.

As far as fighting back and pushing back. I like to think of judo where you allow the agressor to fall on their face with the force of their own movement. Pushing and fighting back takes energy.

When attacked by an agressive person, say a traditional Christian. I allow them to ask the questions and simply answer them until they run out of questions and stand there looking puzzeled. This causes them to think about the cliche's they've been taught. They feel defeated. I feel great, amused and quite pleased with myself.

Here's an example from an attack by my brother:

B: "If Jesus knocked on the door of your heart would you let him in?"
Me: Why would he have to knock? I'm open to his advice and teachings?
B: "Don't you believe that Jesus died in Calvary on the cross for your sins?"
Me: I prefer to think about his life. He taught love. The torture he went threw saddens me.
B: "Don't you fear the devil?"
Me: "The devil was invented by Christians. I live in love, not fear."
B: "The devil waits around every corner."
Me: "He wouldn't be interested in me. We have nothing in common."
B: "You should read the Bible. It's the word of God."
Me: "Which version? Besides, I don't need a book to hear God's word, I listen to God directly."
pause ... pause ... pause .... pause
B: "You hear God."
Me: "Sure don't you?"
B: "I feel sorry for you." Then he took his Bible and left the room.

That was nothing but fun. I wish he'd approach me again. :( :D

As for my "Fighting" those that Don't believe for the longest time, I like to "Break Down Bariers," change minds, and Educate.
Sometimes, I DO have to be "On the Defensive," because there are those that like to try to "Destroy" me (in thier own Narrow scope of thinking) and make me feel and look worthless.
I Do NOT Fantasize about "Fighting" Anyone.
I have to stay "Mentally Tough" (To Borrow an Old Rodeo Addage), to brave the waters around those who are Non - Believers.
Fighting Non - Believers is NEVER "Fun" and should NEVER be considered such.
My "Goal" is to Educate, Educate, Educate!
In some cases, I DO see them as "Wrong" especially when they like to spread Crap and Rumors about me that turn into Lies that turn into questions that turn into nearly Life - Threatening Battles.

Good morning Mrs. Bryan. Sounds like you have a challenging situation. For years I had people around me who were agressive and abusive. They tore me down and I felt worthless. In a way, I have them to thank. If I hadn't been hurt, I wouldn't have needed healing. I had no physical person available, so turned to spirit and became connected in a diciplined positive productive way.

I had to leave my community, but now have a great life that is so perfect for my abundant happiness. I had to decide Who I Am, What is Important to Me and What I Intend for my life. After that things became much clearer. Now I have a lack of tolerance for hurtful people.

I do not fight them. I do not try to change them. I practice the power of acceptance. I accept that they are hurtful and that they are choosing to be that way. They can hurt someone who needs to suffer. I've grown past suffering into bliss.

I've made a consciouse choice to respect an individual's right to be who they choose to be. This allows me to remove them from my life. If they still want to be in my life, they have to choose to change.

Thank you for sharing your post. Blessings!

#28 JimDe

JimDe

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 04:32 PM

Singer, I had that very same conversation with my mother about three months ago, she’s an ordained catholic nun. It wasn’t pretty, blood everywhere, but she’s still my mother.
Posted Image

#29 singer

singer

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 05:19 PM

Singer, I had that very same conversation with my mother about three months ago, she’s an ordained catholic nun. It wasn’t pretty, blood everywhere, but she’s still my mother.

It would be interesting to be able to look imbetween incarnations and find out what we agreed to when taking on our new lives.

Wait ... Your mom is an ordained Catholic nun? Now that is an interesting life choice. To be a nun with a son who chooses a different belief system. It's compelling to consider what her "Major" is in life-school. To learn acceptance, tollerence, patience, unconditional love ...

And yours to choose a family situation such as this and be drawn to a path that others close to you are opposed to.

My challenge used to be patience and acceptance. My brother, the traditional Christian minister and life coach, is what we used to call nonchalant. The more you pushed him, the slower he'd go. Also, there's the afore-mentioned need he has to "save" me so I won't end up in hell. Funny how he dwells in hell most days in his chosen life situation. I experience heaven on earth every day. His belief system is based in fear. Mine is based in love.

#30 JimDe

JimDe

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 07:50 PM

Singer, we all have demons that follow us around, they lurk in places we can’t normally see them… occasionally when there’re feeling their oats, they challenge you. It might manifest itself in the form of a personal relationship, such as opposition to a close family member’s belief system, or even the abusive behavior of a spouse. Everywhere you look there’s so much madness in the world right now, it would seem the demons are having their way with us. I think a lot of people tend to stick their head in the sand when it becomes too difficult to face what they feel is a hopeless situation. But, I think a hopeless situation remains that way until you pull your head out of the sand and begin to push back.

And, oh yeah, I’m going to Hell too, maybe I’ll see you there.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users