Telling people about your abilities

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#46 spiritlady

spiritlady

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • Interests:what ever comes to mind............

Posted 21 December 2006 - 01:25 PM

my friends and i talk openly about it when i go to the city , there like the only ones i talk too about my abilities,:clap: i sometimes think their the only ones who don't judge, my fr' tong has asked about spiritguides and if she had any around her and told her she did. she really didn't like the thought of them being around and the thought of have someone tell her what to do. i told her it's not like that at all.

spl:)
My Sesshomaru , my protectorPosted Image

#47 Judy Merrill

Judy Merrill

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 10:59 AM

It can, obviously, be comforting and/or frightening, to know about guides.

Begin with a guardian...that is like an angel that watches over us in all our choices. That way we are free to make them and succeed or fail according to our own efforts. They can and will pick us up after any accomplishment.

Guides tend to be more of a light upon the path. They will work with us when we and/or they wish to accomplish a specific thing. They move in and out as the needs are filled.

God bless, J

#48 pipit

pipit

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 08:34 PM

It can, obviously, be comforting and/or frightening, to know about guides.

Begin with a guardian...that is like an angel that watches over us in all our choices. That way we are free to make them and succeed or fail according to our own efforts. They can and will pick us up after any accomplishment.

Guides tend to be more of a light upon the path. They will work with us when we and/or they wish to accomplish a specific thing. They move in and out as the needs are filled.

God bless, J

help i am lost my signature is I Know.

#49 wolfshine

wolfshine

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 07:44 PM

I am 13 so i dont need to worry as much about being sensitive as about e3veryone my age is a believer and, as we are younger, most of the non-sensitives can still see ghosts, the only people i am afraid to tell are my parents, they know i am interested in the paranormal but dont know why. :Spaz: my mom is entertained yby the show the haunting, and my grandmother tried an ouija board and it worked and she doesnt want me to get one since there evil, but i dont really think any of them really believe

#50 rayzrwyre

rayzrwyre

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts
  • Interests:I am interested in intelligent conversations with like-minded people who share a fascination with all things paranormal........now where would I find such wonderful people like that???

Posted 05 July 2007 - 02:12 PM

I have the unique ability to be open-minded! Not as attractive as being a sensative, but just as handy when dealing with the paranormal! There are a boundless number of opinions expressed here, and to have an open mind means that I don't write off people's post before considering the options of validity first.

Because I believe, I can look at a photo, or listen to a story, and think of many different possibilities.
"Excuse me while I slip out of these wet clothes and into a dry martini!" - Groucho Marx

#51 leonie

leonie

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts
  • Interests:"We keep on going because of hope. The hope that one day for one moment we'll feel the total unwavering bliss of a second of happiness."

Posted 05 July 2007 - 02:31 PM

Ive never told anyone exept the ones on here about my "abilities". I dunno why, I think people think Im funny enough withought me wierding them out with that sort of stuff

"Your just a beautiful freak, I wish there were more like you." - EelsPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#52 Mark London

Mark London

So open minded that his brain has fallen out....watch your step

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,986 posts
  • Interests:If they need me I help them

Posted 05 July 2007 - 02:32 PM

Totally agree with you Leonie

#53 MoonChild

MoonChild

The One Within!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,124 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 05 July 2007 - 02:32 PM

I don't tell anyone either, what is the point? If they want to see, they can, else leave me alone.

Take my hand and we'll go riding through the sunshine from above

#54 leonie

leonie

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts
  • Interests:"We keep on going because of hope. The hope that one day for one moment we'll feel the total unwavering bliss of a second of happiness."

Posted 05 July 2007 - 02:46 PM

Also a lot of people are dsrespectful of this sorta stuff so if your gonna tell people only tell those you know wont slate you for it.

"Your just a beautiful freak, I wish there were more like you." - EelsPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#55 MoonChild

MoonChild

The One Within!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,124 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 05 July 2007 - 02:52 PM

Also a lot of people are dsrespectful of this sorta stuff so if your gonna tell people only tell those you know wont slate you for it.

But the problem with that, my friend, is that unless we tel, how do we know who will slate for us? :)

Take my hand and we'll go riding through the sunshine from above

#56 leonie

leonie

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 03:10 PM

Moonie you know how it is, cant you tell who is going to be funny about it and who isnt? I can always tell, I try to bring the conversations of ghost up and people usually show a general interest in it but if I told them Ohh yeh i see dead people (oviously not in that way :)) but you get my drift, they would just freak on me lol

#57 rayzrwyre

rayzrwyre

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts
  • Interests:I am interested in intelligent conversations with like-minded people who share a fascination with all things paranormal........now where would I find such wonderful people like that???

Posted 08 July 2007 - 05:46 PM

Leonie, we, believers in the paranormal and those of blessed with gifts, are no different than the early Christians, or Galileo, or Colmbus; we believe in something that most don't, won't or refuse to even try to understand! My wit and slight (ha!) sarcasm I use when people start to give me a hard time about my beliefs. Oh, like I said, being open-minded in my special ability, a paraticular trait I notice not as popular with the "common mainstreamers"! Too bad for them! One day they will find out the world is not flat, and then the collective "gasp" from everyone else will level mountains. :)
"Excuse me while I slip out of these wet clothes and into a dry martini!" - Groucho Marx

#58 Maelinde

Maelinde

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Science Fiction, Reading, Renaissance Faires, Costuming/Sewing, beading, jewelry design, polymer clay artist, singing, hanging out with my husband and two cats - and going for walks with my hubby.

Posted 04 September 2007 - 11:24 PM

I am 13 so i dont need to worry as much about being sensitive as about e3veryone my age is a believer and, as we are younger, most of the non-sensitives can still see ghosts, the only people i am afraid to tell are my parents, they know i am interested in the paranormal but dont know why. :weeee: my mom is entertained yby the show the haunting, and my grandmother tried an ouija board and it worked and she doesnt want me to get one since there evil, but i dont really think any of them really believe

Most of my abilities came out shortly after my maternal grandmother passed away when I was 13.

The very morning she passed, the telephone rang, and as my mom was on the phone, I asked her if it was about Grandma dying. My mom turned white as a sheet and asked how I could possibly know? "Grandma told me goodbye" I explained.

Now, I'm 39, and still get visits from my grandma. My mom wishes she could communicate with her, but for whatever reason she can't. The running joke between my grandma and me is that she's going to tell when my housekeeping skills fall short. <grin> I love getting visits from her. It turns out that the deceased members of my family have long since known the deceased members of my husband's family, and our happy marriage was of their doing. <grin>

I've never been afraid to mention my abilities, If someone appears uncomfortable with that type of conversation, I stop. The key is to respect the beliefs of all you encounter - living or spirit - and they will more than often respect yours. <grin>

This is a great group and I feel very comfortable sharing my personal experiences and beliefs with everyone here.
Debbie / Maelinde"While the rest of the human race are descended from monkeys, redheads derive from cats." - Robert HeinleinVisit My Website

#59 jenillumine

jenillumine

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Interests:Of loving heart~ Finding my way thru the unity in the multiverse.<br /><br />Constant student of new idea's and thinking outside the box.<br />Medium in potential~ Good listener/Friend and intuitive.<br />

Posted 04 October 2007 - 09:39 PM

How do you guys here (the ones that are sensitives, as you guys put it) handle telling people what you can do. About the only person that knows about me is my fiancee Melissa, and she believes me of course because she can do the same thing.

A part of me is still skeptical about what I can do and doesn't want to believe it, but there is really nothing that can dissprove to me that I can sense ghosts (but then again I only started really beleiving a few weeks ago). The thing is, if there is a part of me that doesn't want to beleive, then how do I expect other people to beleive?

And there is the thing about people thinking I'm a nut. And then there are probably people that beleive in ghosts, but also a lot of other stuff that may or may not be true and could try to use me to validate all their beliefs.

Do you guys don't tell anyone unless you somehow know they already believe in these sort of things? Also, when you find someone that claims to be able to do something, how do you know whether they are genuine or delusional? Of course, if someone claimed to be able to do what I do I could tell whether they are lying or not because I can actually do it. In short, how do you guys handle skepticism?

Really great post!!! :Spaz:
And something I think about too.

Intuition, as humans we are all gifted with that.
I feel we are all psychic to one degree or another.
Some more tuned in than others. Some, completely ignoring
abilities and others using and trusting intuition on a daily basis.

I basically do not bring up the subject with people I know or don't
know (I tend to attract so many conversations in public) unless they
bring up the topic first and I clearly, feel they are in touch with their
own intuitions then perhaps the convo will lead to the paranormal.

I am a firm believer in the law of attraction. What you put out there
comes back 10 fold.

It's always good to remain balanced in skepticism and believing 100
percent.

You have to use discretion in all things, use your judgment carefully
and LISTEN to your own intuition on things you are told by anyone.
Keep what you will, leave the rest~
Love and Light~
Jennifer

Edited by jenillumine, 04 October 2007 - 09:41 PM.

Posted Image"Better to ~illuminate~ than merely to shine, to deliver to others contemplated truths than merely to contemplate." -Saint Thomas Aquinas

#60 thedragonwalker

thedragonwalker

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Interests:Psychic abilities, empathic abilites, psychometry, Tarot.<br /><br />

Posted 22 October 2007 - 05:28 PM

Most of my abilities came out shortly after my maternal grandmother passed away when I was 13.

The very morning she passed, the telephone rang, and as my mom was on the phone, I asked her if it was about Grandma dying. My mom turned white as a sheet and asked how I could possibly know? "Grandma told me goodbye" I explained.

Now, I'm 39, and still get visits from my grandma. My mom wishes she could communicate with her, but for whatever reason she can't. The running joke between my grandma and me is that she's going to tell when my housekeeping skills fall short. <grin> I love getting visits from her. It turns out that the deceased members of my family have long since known the deceased members of my husband's family, and our happy marriage was of their doing. <grin>

I've never been afraid to mention my abilities, If someone appears uncomfortable with that type of conversation, I stop. The key is to respect the beliefs of all you encounter - living or spirit - and they will more than often respect yours. <grin>

This is a great group and I feel very comfortable sharing my personal experiences and beliefs with everyone here.

Mine didn't get real obvious till I was about 16. And once I realized they were here to stay (bout 4 years later), I quit worrying bout what people would think.
If I spent my whole life worrying about other people's thoughts and opinions (they do have them and will share whether or not you asked), I wouldn't be living my life. I'd be living someone else's life.
IMO, and IME, people will always think you're "Crazy" for one thing or another, so you might as well do what you do and have no fear!
My exact thought on the matter... "You don't have to believe me, but I'm the one who's psychic!"

Always nice tho when you get your significant other who believes you, or at least, in you, or is willing to let well enough alone. Woot on you!

Peaces.
"I Aim to Misbehave" - Capt. Malcom Reynolds, Serenity "A Witch is Always a Lady, Unless Circumstances Dictate Otherwise" - Eglantine Price, Bedknobs and Broomsticks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users