• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 Corey

Corey

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 02:46 PM

In relation to the Zoom, if anyone is interested, I can get the information about a company that does some tweaking to the Zoom to eliminate a couple of problems. Now it's been awhile since I was told about this, and audio isn't really my thing, so don't quote me. There was some issue with the Zoom's amplifier and it causing background noise on any recording. The way it works is that you send your Zoom out to this company, they tweak a couple of things, and then return it to you.
I heard about this from one of the guys in my group who's really into the audio end of things.

#17 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,567 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 22 November 2009 - 09:17 AM

Before sending your recorder in, you may want to check serial numbers / production runs. Early units did have a couple minor issues, but as i understand it that was corrected by a design change by the company in later runs. Zoom could probably provide you with a list of FCNs or service updates that would spell out any maunfacturer mods or changes made in a given model.

Plus keep in mind that "tweaks" by unauthorized people will void any warranty on a new unit.

#18 Grim Undertakings

Grim Undertakings

Voted most likely to be a janitor in Highschool

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 01:09 AM

Hello everyone...

You may have noticed that this thread looks a bit smaller than before... The reason for this was this was a posting about digital voice recorders... Even though the OP did ask a question about KII meters, that was not on topic... The information in this thread for both the digital voice recorders and KII is very good, so I split the topics keeping all the information about the digital voice recorders here and the information about the KII here...

Just as a reminder, please keep all discussions on topic... If you are the original poster and you have another question, please feel free to start a new topic... This will help cut down on the confusion to others reading the posts...

Continue on... :)

Thanks! :(

#19 Jacob_JABP

Jacob_JABP

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 06:54 PM

Paranormal sites have some pretty nice and accurate equipment..
and Ebay has really good prices
...JSB...

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users