• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 08 June 2003 - 07:45 AM

In the early 80's I was dating a young lady that I later married. We had decided to take a little trip on a back road to get a little more friendly. We stopped on a gravel road and got out of the vehicle and proceeded to walk around to the passenger side. We stopped at the passenger front fender to talk and whatever. I was standing with my back to the truck with her standing in front of me with her back to me. I had my right arm around her with my right hand on her left shoulder. I had leaned forward to kiss her when a bright light was seen coming straight at us and I immediately fell back over the fender and hood of the truck and had her in a choke hold. The light passed directly over us (or through us) and I could hear the sounds of a train and even smell the smoke from the burning wood.
We being scared as hell got in the truck and got the hell out of there. We talked in the truck while heading back to town and decided we would not tell anyone about this because we would be ridiculed over it. We got back to town and met up with some friends and started just chatting and one of the guys mentioned a phantom train he had heard about in the area her and I had been earlier. She and I just looked at each other quietly and said nothing. I started asking questions about the train and was told that if you get in the right place at the right time you would hear and see the old locomotive pass down the spur loaded with logs heading to the mill. After hearing the same story from several different people I decided to get a couple of people together and go back to the area, we saw nothing.
I discussed this with my girlfriend and during the discussion she stated that a full moon will never be the same again. Thatís when I checked the moon phase and sure enough it was a full moon on that particular night. I waited till the next month and during the week of the full moon I went back to the same area and parked in almost the same place and we saw it pass. After that I went back the next three nights and it was there. I even started parking my truck on the old crossing just like I did the first time and the train would go through my truck. This became the greatest thing we could do as teenagers and get some poor unsuspecting person to ride with us and let them get hit by the train.
The area has been developed now and the people that live in the area say that they donít see the train but from time to time they will hear the faint sounds of the old locomotive. Just for the record we had not been drinking or anything else.  
Welcome to ghostvillage, home of 24,000+ smiling faces and a few old grouches."Some things have to be believed to be seen"Ralph Hodgson

#2 J._Victoria

J._Victoria

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 June 2003 - 10:43 AM

That's kind of freaky...  where did this happen?  I'd like to go check it out for myself.

#3 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 21 June 2003 - 10:55 AM

Have you done any checking to see if there were tracks there in the past??  That is very interesting.  Have you ever tried to get it on film??  I think I woiuld be out there with the cam corder.  Great story!  Thanks! ;D
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#4 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 21 June 2003 - 12:03 PM

This happened near the Albany, La area. I have been there recently but have not seen the train in years. I never thought about a camera way back then, I have just started taking pictures in the past couple of years. I have talked to people living in the area now and nobody has seen anything. And yes there used to be an old logging spur there for removing logs from cutting area to the mill. I have heard a couple of rumors of another area about 10 or 15 miles north of this area, they have only reported the sounds with no sightings.

And JVic I am so glad you decided to join us here at GV, welcome to the board and I hope you enjoy your stay.
Welcome to ghostvillage, home of 24,000+ smiling faces and a few old grouches."Some things have to be believed to be seen"Ralph Hodgson

#5 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 21 June 2003 - 12:10 PM

BTW if you notice I have posted 4 stories on the board for yall to read. These occurred over about a 25 - 30 year span.

#6 J._Victoria

J._Victoria

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 June 2003 - 04:15 PM

Thank you!  I am going to check it out next full moon.  Or when I'm in the area.

#7 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 23 June 2003 - 05:01 PM

I have been there on almost every full moon with camera in hand for the last 2 years and nothing yet. The road is called CC Road off Pea Ridge Road in Albany.

#8 J._Victoria

J._Victoria

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 June 2003 - 07:40 PM

Have you tried any other moon phases or weather conditions?  What time of year did this event happen?  Maybe the full moon at the time of the intial sighting was only incidental?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users