11 replies to this topic

#1 PreTeenGhostHunter

PreTeenGhostHunter

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Interests:Hey I'm Meghan... jah.

Posted 05 August 2006 - 01:50 PM

Well recently. I have sparked an interest on learning about what many call 'Subliminal Advertising'. I have been listening to some song's backward's. It is believed that a lot of famous and commonly used songs have hidden message's when you play them backwards. Some different than other’s.

So I have gathered a few popular song’s that are said to have these types of message’s.

Utada Hikaru is a artist, who’s songs have been used in the popular ‘Kingdom Heart’s’ game’s. Even though I’m not into those game’s, some of the lyrics in her song’s really stun me. Most artists only have song that is believed to hold messages. While she has three.

Some Song's:
Simple and Clean- Utada Hikaru*
Stairway to Heaven*
Anotherone Bites the Dust- Queen
Britney Spears- Hit Me Baby One More Time
- I check out the Britney Spears on for myself, and hurd the exact same thing.

Now what do you think of the who Subliminal Advertising ordeal? Do you think these people are putting these message's in themself's, or is it just a coincidence.
Anyone have any other's to share?

(Note: I use YouTube often for viewing. Due to my computers compadibility. Please don't mind the direct linking.)

Posted Image

#2 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 05 August 2006 - 07:57 PM

~I've heard that theaters use to use subliminal messages in their advertisements right before a movie starts to make you want to buy popcorn, candy, soda or to join the Army...but this was way, way, way back when. Exactly what years, not too sure. But buying popcorn & soda, I didn't need any hidden message for that!!! :)
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#3 Bobnoxious

Bobnoxious

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • Interests:Music (heavy metal, punk rock, rockabilly, progressive rock, old country, garage rock, and other non mainstream sounds), movies (horror, sci-fi, exploitation, independent, foreign, and old classics mainly), writing (mostly for my zine/website Utter Trash - http://www.uttertrash.net), and singing for my band Horror of 59 (http://www.horrorof59.com).

Posted 06 August 2006 - 01:48 AM

There's a couple of different things you're talking about. First of all, the "backwards messages" in some rock/pop songs. At least some of these are intentional. A number of bands with "Satanic" images have recorded backwards messages. Usually these are obvious when you hear them forwards, as the messages sound like nonsense. Play them backwards and you'll hear the secret message. Slayer's "Hell Awaits" is one example. Iron Maiden also included the message "Don't meddle with things you don't understand" in the intro to their song "Still Life" on the 'Piece of Mind' album as a joke aimed at the religious extremists who had labeled them devil worshipers. It's also possible, considering Jimmy Page's obsession with Aleister Crowley, that "Stairway to Heaven" intentionally has backwards messages. This would have been much more difficult to pull off, however, since the messages are supposed to be in the actual song itself. Difficult, but not impossible.

Most backwards messages, however, I think are accidental. For instance, the Judas Priest song "Better By You Better Than Me" which was the subject of a lawsuit over a pair of teens who attempted suicide while listening to it. Played backwards, it seems to say "do it, do it". Do what? If you play enough songs backwards, sooner or later you'll find a few here and there that seem to contain phrases when spun in reverse.

The other form of subliminal messaging is what Laurie Ann mentioned. This is true. There were attempts to place subliminal messages in movie theaters to supposedly get patrons to buy more junk food at the concession stand. There are also subliminal images in many print ads. Look at any liqour ad and you're likely to see skulls, naked women, and other images. These are usually contained in the ice cubes in glasses in these ads. Director William Friedken also used subliminal images in his movie 'The Exorcist'. Now that it's out on DVD, you can freeze frame it to see them clearly.

But the main thing is, does any of this actually work? The scientific studies conducted on this seem to indicate "no".
"Future events such as these will affect you in the future." - Criswell, 'Plan 9 From Outer Space'

#4 jakob493

jakob493

Very greedy and not happy with just one tag

• PipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 06 August 2006 - 02:37 AM

I'm fascinated by subliminal messages and advertising, so recently I've done some research on them. The best resource I found was here:

http://en.wikipedia....iminal_messages

This also has links to lists of backmasked messages in music, subliminal imagery, etc.

#5 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 06 August 2006 - 02:46 AM

I think the idea of subliminal messages (Drink Coke!) is ridiculous (Buy Oreos)...
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#6 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 06 August 2006 - 06:36 AM

I think the idea of subliminal messages (Drink Coke!) is ridiculous (Buy Oreos)...

:P :) :) *wandering into the kitchen for a can of Coke & the bag of Orioooooos*
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#7 Bobnoxious

Bobnoxious

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • Interests:Music (heavy metal, punk rock, rockabilly, progressive rock, old country, garage rock, and other non mainstream sounds), movies (horror, sci-fi, exploitation, independent, foreign, and old classics mainly), writing (mostly for my zine/website Utter Trash - http://www.uttertrash.net), and singing for my band Horror of 59 (http://www.horrorof59.com).

Posted 07 August 2006 - 02:34 AM

Thank you Kevin Nealon.
"Future events such as these will affect you in the future." - Criswell, 'Plan 9 From Outer Space'

#8 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 07 August 2006 - 02:41 AM

I was in smartalec mode! :)
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#9 jakob493

jakob493

Very greedy and not happy with just one tag

• PipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 07:58 AM

I'm always in that mode :)

My favorite parody of subliminal messages was on that episode of Family Guy with the cigarette company..

(SMOKE)......(SMOKE)(Not NOW Jerry!!)

#10 Frogbat

Frogbat

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 01:32 AM

Here's a link to an article about subliminal uses in movies, including the alleged use in a Bush promotional video;
http://www.chokingon...index.php?p=391

*Edited, link removed because of sexual content*

Edited by Willow, 16 August 2006 - 05:54 PM.

Knowledge is power. Power corrupts.Study hard. Be evil.Posted Image

#11 Morbid

Morbid

Thinks the jelly runs out of the peanut butter sandwich in head

• PipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 11:25 PM

I think it's like sound matrixing. You listen to most of this normally backwards you hear nothing until someone tells you what you hear. The only two I found with my own ears so far was the one from Brittney Spears, and 2 pieces of Stairway to Heaven. The one that says "I wish it would snow" (it's toward the front of the song, but the end when played backwards, most don't document it, but I hear it) and then the "Heres to my sweet Satan. The one who's little path would make me sad, Who's power is satan. He will give you, give you 666. And in his little toolshed where he made us suffer sad satan." Which is the forwards that says "If there's a bustle in your hedgerow, don't be alarmed now, it's just a spring clean for the may queen. Yes there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run, there's still time tyo change the road your on."
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.The law of Chaos.

#12 Watcher02

Watcher02

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 06:05 PM

its funny 'cause i read this article and then the next day i watched a scary movie about subliminal messaging. It wasnt the greatest movie but the plotline wasnt too bad. I think it was called Spliced.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users