• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 Jeff Belanger

Jeff Belanger

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 03:27 PM

Thanks, sheshe! And welcome to Ghostvillage! We hope you'll enjoy your stay.

-Jeff
Have you read these books?
Posted Image
There will be a quiz...

#17 TimelessEclipse

TimelessEclipse

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 09:06 PM

Heeey guys. I'm still relatively new, but I just wanted to give my feedback. I just started the book, but I can't put it down. It's awesome. Sometimes I feel my jaw drop when I read it, or I get the shivers. Which reminds me...why am I sitting here when I could be reading? Here I go... ;)

#18 Jeff Belanger

Jeff Belanger

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 08:54 AM

Thank you very much, Timeless! I appreciate it.

-Jeff
Posted Image
There will be a quiz...

#19 antenna

antenna

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 24 October 2004 - 05:39 PM

Hi, everyone,

I've been lurking for a while around here but this is my first post. :D

I just wanted to voice my appreciation for Jeff's book here with the rest.

My family and I have been living in a gently haunted house for the past 6 years which has been at most exciting-not really scary. Anyway, it has sparked my interest in things ghostly.

Just this past summer I developed a taste for ghost story books. I've read several now and rank Jeff's up there as the best. It's the most well-written by far and to me, the most interesting. I've been thinking this all along but just finished a really kooky one this weekend that I'll be returning to the library in disgust. It's silly-ness is what prompted me to finally come out of lurker-dom!

Thanks for a decent read, Jeff.

-a
Posted Image BOO!

#20 queenmarylady

queenmarylady

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:Ghosts,spirits,The RMS Queen Mary oceanliner, Digital Photography, computers & the internet.

Posted 24 October 2004 - 07:59 PM

Hi Jeff!
A friend and fellow ghost researcher filled me in on your book, and told me about an incident recalled by Peter James on page 27 I believe?

I am the one that was filming while a few of us were down in the pool conducting an investigation. I am so flattered that Peter still speaks of that night and that you thought to include it in your book.

I will be looking at Borders and if not will order it via Amazon.

I can't wait to read some of your other books too, that it says will be coming out next year :)

Bridget (aka QueenMaryLady) :D

#21 CastleBee

CastleBee

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • Interests:Animals, Art, Photography, Traveling, Reading, and Gardening.

Posted 24 October 2004 - 09:43 PM

I found your book at my local Barnes and Noble yesterday and grabbed the 2nd to last copy. I read several chapters today and I'm really enjoying all the interesting accounts. I even discovered one spot I had actually visited in the not too distant past - the haunted underground in Edinborough, Scotland! What a cool tour THAT was! Excellent work! I especially enjoy the URL references. I will be checking out more of your work in the future.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."- Ghandi, In Philosophy

#22 Jeff Belanger

Jeff Belanger

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 08:29 AM

Thank you, antenna! I appreciate that. It was really important to me to be respectful of the real history, the ghosts, and the people who witnessed this phenomena.

Bridget -- wow! YOU took that video? That is very cool, what a great capture. If you have an online version and want to share it with other Ghostvillagers, please let me know!

Thank you, CastleBee! Did you experience anything in the underground vaults of Edinburgh?
Posted Image
There will be a quiz...

#23 queenmarylady

queenmarylady

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:Ghosts,spirits,The RMS Queen Mary oceanliner, Digital Photography, computers & the internet.

Posted 25 October 2004 - 05:38 PM

I'm almost ready to post that video, it's a bit dark, shot in nightvision, so I am trying to fix the lighting, but that is the ONLY adjustment. ..no funny stuff.
Also need to slap a copyright on it.. I'll be sure and come back here to post a link for everyone to enjoy.

I'm picking up your book tonight :D

Thanks,
Bridget

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users