Free Skins
© Fisana

Photo

Your Religion

• Please log in to reply
159 replies to this topic

Poll: What best describes your beliefs?

What best describes your beliefs?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#136 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 11 August 2009 - 11:39 PM

Since you don't believe in any deities, you are technically Atheist. From there you can define yourself any way you choose to.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#137 Caniswalensis

Caniswalensis

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 07:22 AM

Thia poll really does not cover me. I am an athiest, so the best choice I had was "Other mixture." That really does not describe my views though.

"It is proper for you to doubt ... do not go upon report ... do not go upon tradition ... do not go upon hear-say." ~ Buddha

#138 Shawn333

Shawn333

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 04:03 PM

Buddhism is an awfully big religion to be left off of this poll.

#139 fatman

fatman

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 06:34 PM

Who says you have to label yourself anything. Just go with what you believe and leave it at that. You can realize you have a touch of this and a little of that, but other than that, you can follow your own path. I would think that if a large part of your belief system was of a certain religion, then you could label yourself as such with exceptions or sub-category, such as christian-wiccan-jedi-jew (what a church). I guess you could call youself a religious mutt, but if one doesn't believe in a deity, then your base belief is atheism, I believe. Or I dont' believe...in deities, I mean. Know what I mean? Anyway, that's just my oppinion.
Yes, I think just sellecting "other" leaves out some of the other big religions. Kind of a diss, but we know not of their reasoning. Space saving?

#140 revpaullannon

revpaullannon

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 05:04 PM

I am christian Minister Merry Christmas all

#141 jenjen

jenjen

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 06:56 PM

I am christian Minister Merry Christmas all

Christian too...Catholic and yeah, Merry Christmas!

#142 Corey

Corey

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 12:21 AM

I've always been of the mind that freedom of religion can also mean the freedom not to talk about it. I will just say "other".
And no, I don't have a problem with using other as a choice. I've filled out paperwork that asks for my religion and I normally just leave it blank.
Yeah, other can leave out some faiths, but is it possible to include them all? You know that if you leave out The Church of Jedi somebody is going to get upset.

Edited by Corey, 22 December 2009 - 12:24 AM.

#143 The_Seer♥♥♥

The_Seer♥♥♥

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 09:36 AM

I was born catholic but when im older i am converting.
I do not worship the horned god,I worship the Lady Night/The Goddess.

:)
The_Seer♥♥♥

#144 MGH

MGH

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 09:15 PM

I have a rather unusual religious background - baptized a Roman Catholic, became a Wiccan in my teens, then at 29 I had a dream that led me to investigate the Zoroastrian faith (I do subscribe to the theology which makes a lot of sense to me) And I am also attempting to get back into the magickal aspect (which is compatible, after all, the Magi were considered Zoroastrians, too). Plus as a religion, even though monotheistic, does favor the preservation of nature and respecting resources (not polluting farmland, water, etc) which greatly appeals to me.

#145 SpookSeeker

SpookSeeker

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Interests:My Work, Mystery, Fantasy, Gaming, Books, Old School Things, Life.... The usual ;)

Posted 16 July 2010 - 03:43 PM

Hey Guys!~ Long time no see.

As long as we're all throwing it out there I'm raised Christian too...Orthodox actually. Greek Orthodox to be specific.

It's nice to see a poll where they have you vote Christian as Christian and not Catholic/Protestant. LOL sadly, most people tend to forget the Eastern European religions...even though they technically predate the Catholic church. :kitty:

It's all good. Takes all kinds...I'm relatively religious about things though I question the church itself. I see things as we don't really know who or what is out there but we all have our way of seeing it. I like my church's views and stigmas so I continue to follow them.

#146 SeekX

SeekX

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 04:29 PM

I put Christian but I am really a Christian Fundamentalist yet with what I believe is logical deduction.
A note here , I have seen and experienced to many out of the ordinary things and known many others who have experienced many things as well to not believe there is something to all of this , just what I do not know for sure nor have I come to any conclusions with exception of UFO's in which I do believe I know what they mostly are .
I am a curious person and made curious by many experiences hence my name SeekX. :P

SeekX

#147 White Witch

White Witch

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts
  • Interests:Spirits, Photography, Paranormal Programs, Old Homes and Cottage Life

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:30 PM

I am Roman Catholic.
Right this way to my haunted space.

#148 TataSacaEmpeņo

TataSacaEmpeņo

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:28 AM

Im a Pagan.

Santeria/Palo Mayombe faiths

#149 Mak Jo Si

Mak Jo Si

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Interests:Exorcism, Taoism, Taoist magic, Kung Fu, Chi Kong, Ghost related things

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:34 AM

Hi I am new to the place! I am a Taoism exorcist! I host my own temple in Canada and service in the field for over 16 years already, lots of exorcism stuff!
My Taoist Temple - Chi in Nature Taoist Temple
My BLOG: Taoist Master Blog
My Exorcist Website! - World's Best Exorcist Web!

Posted Image

#150 Frater Arion

Frater Arion

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:Occultism, Chemistry, Physics, Music, Rock Climbing,

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:58 AM

I have a very pantheistic/panentheistic view of god. I see throughout the universe an aspect of divinity. This divinity being expressed through different mediums to differing cultures. I have first hand experience that shows me the existence of the Hindu gods, the Sumerian gods, the Greek gods, and I'm sure if I were to try any other pantheon, they would answer. Though working in the paradigm I do, I mainly deal with expression through the Hebrew god, though I don't by any means subscribe to any Abrahamic religion. I've come into contact with many different forms of divinity, and I have to say that no religion comes close, which is why I oppose organized religion. Specifically the whole "good vs evil" dichotomy, it is so fundamentally flawed. I am for individual spiritual discovery. I've had plenty of experiences to shape my personal beliefs, and plenty of conversations with others who have done as I have and came to similar conclusions.
Asperges me, AGLA, hyssopo, et mundabor; lavabis me, et super nivem dealbabor.
Accendat in nobis Eheieh ignem sui amoris et flammam aeternae caritatis.

My blog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users