• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Stretch

Stretch

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 11:25 AM

yeah ya'll caught my interest somehow, plz post any things in indiana? gracious

and if you're in laporte/michigan city area hollar at yer boyyyyyyyyyyy I know lots of crazy peeps in this area that are deep into this BAD_WORD and I'd totally recommend them if you're acctually into checking these places out

#2 Frogbat

Frogbat

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 02:25 AM

This is what I have for ya;

In La Porte:

La Porte High School- In the girl's bathroom in hallway one toilets flush and faucets run without anyone in there. Cold spots and strange smells have been reported by a pillar outside. And electricity shutting off and banging on lockers has also been reported.

I and 10th Street Clinic- The spirit of a little girl is supposed to play with the elevator here. Small objects (mostly chairs) have been moved across rooms, and the lower level bathroom (with no windows) is often found locked from the inside.

La Porte Medical Building- Once the site of Indian burial grounds, the figure of an Indian maiden has been reported here, along with doors that open and shut themselves.

Old Church Site (near Posey Chapel in Laborite)- Over a century ago a church was burned down and a preacher hung himself from a tree near the gate. A pavillon now stands where the church was and a red light can be seen moving through the woods nearby, along with glowing red eyes.

Orelake- I have a tendency to dismiss this one as it has several urban legend elements to the story. A young couples car broke down, the man went for help and the girl waited in the car. When the man returned (without anyone else? what about the help?) the girl was missing and he thought she had also gone for help. Then a drop of blood hit the windshield and he looked up to see his girlfriend hanging in the tree. Since then people have supposedly seen figures hanging in the trees and weird things in the woods. The area is a swamp and reportedly rather scary.

In Laborite:

Posey Chapel- The disembodied sounds of a woman singing and a guitar playing have been reported. Supposedly a high level of orb activity has been reported.

I don't have anything for Michigan City. Hope this helps!

Froggy
Knowledge is power. Power corrupts.Study hard. Be evil.Posted Image

#3 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,537 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 01 July 2006 - 07:01 AM

This is what I have for ya;

In La Porte:

La Porte High School- In the girl's bathroom in hallway one toilets flush and faucets run without anyone in there. Cold spots and strange smells have been reported by a pillar outside. And electricity shutting off and banging on lockers has also been reported.

I and 10th Street Clinic- The spirit of a little girl is supposed to play with the elevator here. Small objects (mostly chairs) have been moved across rooms, and the lower level bathroom (with no windows) is often found locked from the inside.

La Porte Medical Building- Once the site of Indian burial grounds, the figure of an Indian maiden has been reported here, along with doors that open and shut themselves.

Old Church Site (near Posey Chapel in Laborite)- Over a century ago a church was burned down and a preacher hung himself from a tree near the gate. A pavillon now stands where the church was and a red light can be seen moving through the woods nearby, along with glowing red eyes.

Orelake- I have a tendency to dismiss this one as it has several urban legend elements to the story. A young couples car broke down, the man went for help and the girl waited in the car. When the man returned (without anyone else? what about the help?) the girl was missing and he thought she had also gone for help. Then a drop of blood hit the windshield and he looked up to see his girlfriend hanging in the tree. Since then people have supposedly seen figures hanging in the trees and weird things in the woods. The area is a swamp and reportedly rather scary.

In Laborite:

Posey Chapel- The disembodied sounds of a woman singing and a guitar playing have been reported. Supposedly a high level of orb activity has been reported.

I don't have anything for Michigan City. Hope this helps!

Froggy

Hi Froggy...I live in LaPorte & I've told "Stretch" about all the hauntings in the LaPorte area here. The one on Orr Lake even creeps my husband out~and I'm lovin' that! The only one I wasn't aware of is the High School. My son is a Junior there & he loves the Paranormal like I do. But I highly doubt he'll be allowed in there to check it out (the ghost, I mean :( ). Stretches post is the exact same post from awhile back-so I was surprised to see it. And I thought the "I" Street Clinic was where the Indian Princess was buried. But I could be wrong...isn't the first time. I also mentioned to Stretch to look up Haunted Indiana...that's an excellent sight!!!! :ghost:
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#4 Frogbat

Frogbat

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 07:22 AM

Actually the little girl at the clinic IS supposed to be an Indian girl. She supposedly died when the tribe camped there while traveling to the trail of tears. I haven't found anything saying she was actually buried at the site, just that she was supposed to have died there.
Knowledge is power. Power corrupts.Study hard. Be evil.Posted Image

#5 Karra

Karra

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Interests:[X]Ghosts<br />[X]Spirits<br />[X]Cemeteries<br />[X]Japanese<br />[X]Gypsies<br />[X]Magic

Posted 01 July 2006 - 06:00 PM

The mansion I used to live in, only a block from Boston Middle School, was supposivly haunted by the daughter of a Wealthy land owner. He killed his daughter with a hatchet for flirting with his assistant, and the killed his assistant... well, thats supposivly whom haunts it. The only things that happened there were the doors shutting on their own (big heavy glass doors, mind) and things falling off the mantle above the fireplace while people were sitting in the room.

Oh, and you forgot Hook Man's Road, unless thats the one you meant by the boyfriend and the girlfriend. That one is also put around Hook Man's road, and it is said that the Hook Man is the one whom did it. Also, I believe the girl was supposivly skinned... in the one I read, the guy went to go get help while the girl stayed in the car, in the morning a cop showed up to get her and told her not to look back or up as she got out of the car and came toward the cop car. When she looked back, her boyfriend wasing hanging above her car, his nails cut off and his skin all gone... o-o That one always freaks me out anyway. XD

-Karra, Over and Out

"There is no noise in my ears. There is no breath hin my lungs, even the slight mewl that had once was pushed out of my lungs has dissapeared. My paws are cold, and they do not move. My eyes are closed and they will not open. I cannot see. I cannot hear. I cannot think straight... where am I? And then it seems to come so quickly, I fear the result, but the words are here... I hear them sifting over me;I am dead."Posted Image

#6 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,537 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 01 July 2006 - 06:38 PM

Oh, and you forgot Hook Man's Road, unless thats the one you meant by the boyfriend and the girlfriend. That one is also put around Hook Man's road, and it is said that the Hook Man is the one whom did it. Also, I believe the girl was supposivly skinned... in the one I read, the guy went to go get help while the girl stayed in the car, in the morning a cop showed up to get her and told her not to look back or up as she got out of the car and came toward the cop car. When she looked back, her boyfriend wasing hanging above her car, his nails cut off and his skin all gone... o-o That one always freaks me out anyway. XD

~Yep, that's Orr Lake Rd. ( A.K.A Hook Man's Road). That was the first Urban Legend that my husband told me about...yet I've been told by other's that it's a very true story.
Did you ever hear about the house on Johnson Road, across the street from that Camp Summitt? They just tore it down last year because of all the Paranormal activity & the "traffic" that would go there at night and try to see something. It's all so cool to me. Next year, I'm going to go one step further and investigate for myself, all or some of the hauntings going on. I can't wait!!!!!
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#7 dankkid

dankkid

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 01:21 PM

You should come to Bloomington...apparently a lot of the building on IU's campus are haunted. The Stepp Cemetary is here as well.

I want to go to the Central State Institution in Indianapolis...the old insane asylum. Something about those places really gives me the shivers.

danky
DaNkYPosted Image

#8 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,537 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 06:58 AM

You should come to Bloomington...apparently a lot of the building on IU's campus are haunted. The Stepp Cemetary is here as well.

I want to go to the Central State Institution in Indianapolis...the old insane asylum. Something about those places really gives me the shivers.

danky

~Oh I'd *LOVE* to go to an old asylum!!! How interesting would that be??!! I think that asylums would hold thee most energy. Just think of the things that went on inside...always having to stare at the same 4 walls & the thoughts that would run through their minds. The sadness & craziness, everything!! Not to mention what the nurses & staff had to go through! Everyday, waking up and walking inside those walls...the thoughts are endless!! Next year, I'd love to make that a place to go. :clap:

#9 dankkid

dankkid

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 09:34 AM

Yeah...Although I do not know how easy it is to obtain a tour through it, I imagine it is difficult. SO many people went and vandalized everything so it is illegal for the people who want to go there out of respect to even try and show up there. Ridiculous.

Danky
DaNkYPosted Image

#10 snakebiteoftexas

snakebiteoftexas

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • Interests:searching for haunted places as i drive cross country in my 18 wheeler with my lovely wife and meeting people to go ghost hunting with and playing fantasy sports

Posted 10 July 2006 - 01:41 AM

i travel that area a lot if any one wil send me a message with dirs i'd love to get to some of them
Posted ImageWWW.SOUTHERNSPIRITSEEKERSOCIETY.COM

#11 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,537 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 07:54 AM

i travel that area a lot if any one wil send me a message with dirs i'd love to get to some of them

~To Bloomington or to LaPorte? I'm not familiar with directions to Bloomington, but I can get you to LaPorte and to some of the (if not to all) haunted areas.

#12 snakebiteoftexas

snakebiteoftexas

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • Interests:searching for haunted places as i drive cross country in my 18 wheeler with my lovely wife and meeting people to go ghost hunting with and playing fantasy sports

Posted 10 July 2006 - 02:29 PM

haunted places in la port thanks
Posted ImageWWW.SOUTHERNSPIRITSEEKERSOCIETY.COM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users