20 replies to this topic

#16 no1plumbrr

no1plumbrr

Would let the taxpayers foot the bill to go to a GV convention

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,079 posts
  • Interests:DENISE
    ghosts, aliens, and anything crazy.

FEARS: clowns and now BEP, thanks guys you rock ! ;)

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:36 AM

cool, thank you !!!
In love with an awesome woman
SHALOM my friends !

#17 greg_dragonlvr

greg_dragonlvr

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Interests:Camping, wilderness adventures, ancient engineering, modern physics and electronics, martial arts and native cultures.

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:19 AM

Is there currently any research into detecting brain wave activity (disembodied variety) ongoing? If one is predisposed to accept that a paranormal event will somehow alter or interact with emf, then it may be a step further that the entity causing that disturbance still may have detectable brain waves that may be recognized within the acceptable standards of brain activity.

There are several sites that have plans and schematics of portable devices that I might pursue if this side venture is not well explored. If anything resembling a real pattern can be captured, it may assist in choosing a direction for further research.

Can't Fall Off the Floor

#18 greg_dragonlvr

greg_dragonlvr

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Interests:Camping, wilderness adventures, ancient engineering, modern physics and electronics, martial arts and native cultures.

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:25 AM

This is a question that may be ignorant, but is analysis of evp's done in reverse just a parlor trick? Or can it be legitamized as much as a recording played in standard time line?

Can't Fall Off the Floor

#19 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,541 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:58 PM

Reverse EVPs is a parlor trick. Consider what constitutes a voice pattern. It is a fundamental frequency followed by the various nuances that give it its pattern. Sort of like the "echo" which follows a sound. Now if you reverse this then the echo comes first.... How can one have an echo before the original sound? This is a bit oversimplified but it makes the point, in fact there are various tests which are applied to any speech pattern that is used in analysis of EVP. It hgas to do with both voacalizations and fricatives which make up human speech. The fricatives follow the vocalizations since they are formed by the tongue and teeth, and obviously you can't have them without the vocalizations which comprise the energy to form them. But you certainly can have vocalizations without fricatives. Reverse EVP if they actually existed would be just the opposite. But that is an impossible sceanario.

Actually current work now is pointing toward EVP being a form of EMF plus an audible component. The issue is becoming though just how does a spirit create an EMF representation of speech, and how it can "hear" our audible sounds since it lacks the physical body to react to the changing air pressure which is sound as we know it. This research is pointing toward invalidating virtually all EVP captured using conventional recorders unless an inductive pickup was employed. And that rules out all voice recorders since I know of none which don't use an electret mic. None use inductive mics......

#20 greg_dragonlvr

greg_dragonlvr

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 01:11 AM

Have had suspicions for a while and as I haven't had a Faraday's Cage big enough for a house, have tended not to use recorders except for running commentary. There were several occasions where I have used two recorders, one with the microphones disabled. As expected, no results on either recorder. Popping the recorder in a dead microwave produced null results as well even as other recorders produced possible "evps". It is to ambiguous to produce any usable evidence.

Can't Fall Off the Floor

#21 Ravus Aranea

Ravus Aranea

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Interests:All things paranormal.All religious beliefs and practices. Superstitions.Collecting books. Writing.Creating with my hands, what my mind's eye imagines.

Posted Yesterday, 06:14 PM

My question is can a living human manipulate these popular devices used in paranormal research? If so... how do they do it ..........what is the science behind that..........science does not even understand all that the human mind can do.......much less whoever and whatever  lurks beyond the living....figure that out and the rest might not be so mysterious......premonitions are fairly hard to fake if they come true...where does that information come from...how do we tap into that fluidity? It's there......something allows the ability......it is like a hidden stream of information that at times , certain people can tap into....wherever that layer of consciousness lies.......that is where the answers are.  Maybe it's in junk D.N.A. or in the recesses of all that gray matter we do not use.... but it is there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users