The mothman

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#46 autumnbelle

autumnbelle

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Interests:Am curious about almost anything . . .

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:39 PM

This is the first thread on Urban Legends, Myths & Folklore. It's amazing to me how many times I run into information about The Mothman (not just the movie, though that is pretty popular). There are claims there have been more recent sightings than those referred to in the 2002 movie. Has anyone heard of any modern sightings?

Eat, drink and be scary. ~Author Unknown

#47 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Interests:spirituality, art, design, reading, photography, my family (of course), nature, biology, genetics... I could go on, but I think I will stop here.

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:36 PM

http://www.cryptomun...-cryptotourism/

try this link...
Don't take life too seriously, no one ever gets out alive.

#48 autumnbelle

autumnbelle

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Interests:Am curious about almost anything . . .

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:49 PM

Oh yes - Cryptomundo. I love that site for good information. Can you imagine what it would be like to see the Mothman? And to try and decipher what the warning was?

Eat, drink and be scary. ~Author Unknown

#49 White Witch

White Witch

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  • Interests:Spirits, Photography, Paranormal Programs, Old Homes and Cottage Life

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:01 AM

I haven't done much looking into the Mothman guess I should.
Right this way to my haunted space.

#50 TheresaRHPS

TheresaRHPS

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:32 PM

This is the first thread on Urban Legends, Myths & Folklore. It's amazing to me how many times I run into information about The Mothman (not just the movie, though that is pretty popular). There are claims there have been more recent sightings than those referred to in the 2002 movie. Has anyone heard of any modern sightings?

The Mothman Museum keeps a database of recent sightings I believe, but he has been spotted (allegedly) many times even after the 2002 movie...and before. The latest WV sighting that I know of happened in late June when we had our derecho windstorm. A small, local paper out of Greenbrier County (The Greenbrier Valley Advertiser) reported the Mothman being spotted before the storm. Here's a link to the museum's FaceBook where they JUST recently posted this story--

http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

There was another case out of Georgia recently where a Mothman-like creature was spotted:

http://www.cryptomun...man-in-georgia/
Huntington Paranormal Investigations and ResearchCheck out my website

#51 allege

allege

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:04 AM

I have always thought there was a lot of similarities between the Mothman and the Wakiŋyaŋ (Thunderbird) at least as far as the general discription goes. My mother and most of her extended family lived in the Ashland, ky-Huntington, WV area at the time of Mothmans major sightings. One of her uncles claims to have saw Mothman, just a day or so before the Silver Bridge collapse. A few years ago my now ex and I were in the Huntington Wv area shopping when we decided to go to Hillbilly Hotdogs. We were on Ohio River Road (Old WV 2 N) when I looked over an saw a HUGE bird. Bigger than the car we were in body wise with a huge wingspan. Don't know if it was mothman or not.
Never to suffer would never to have been blessed. -Edgar Allan Poe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users