Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Dead of Winter - Our Topic of the Month!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Jeff Belanger

Jeff Belanger

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 08:52 AM

Dear Ghostvillagers,

A new year at the Ghostvillage.com headquarters also means it’s winter. An arctic chill has settled in around these parts, driving many of us indoors where we huddle around fireplaces, heaters, and cups of warm drink. Supernatural experiences happen all year ‘round, but in winter what they mean to us gets to stew in a pot like dinner on our stoves.

As ingredients cook, they blend together in new ways. New experiences combine with old ones, and our beliefs and knowledge intertwine with the flavors until we come to some overall meaning. This time of hibernation encourages us to share these experiences with loved ones and friends. In that spirit, this month we welcome the “Dead of Winter” at Ghostvillage.com with a forum for discussion and an invitation for you to share your winter ghostly experiences in our Encounters section: https://ghostvillage...your-encounter/

As the days are short and the nights are long, we can’t help but wonder what’s lurking in the darkness, and if that howling wind is indeed just the wind whipping through naked, frozen trees, or some voice outside crying out to be heard. I think back to my own experiences since last winter. As many of you know, I climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro in Tanzania last March. The experience was as much spiritual as it was physical for me. When I returned home in April, I began chronicling everything I could about my trip. I was committed to writing a book about my journey. I finished a first draft, then a second draft at over 60,000 words. Then I reread the book…. Blah… It didn’t feel right. It didn’t capture the experience the way I felt inside. Something profound happened to me on that mountain, and I didn’t convey it right. Something was off in the book.

I’ve been writing long enough to know that sometimes what’s needed is time and space. A book sometimes needs to sit and stew in a drawer (or in a computer file) untouched for months before you can come back to it. This month, I dusted off that file and found myself with the perspective I now need to craft that profound story. It’s something I’m working on this month, with the goal of having it ready to show to a publisher some time in February.

The spiritual part of that journey has had some time to change me, to soak in, and now I can better explain it. The first time I saw a ghost, I had a similar experience of not being able to fully talk about what happened to me. It was too new, I lacked the words, but really I lacked the understanding. Time and space can give you that. I’m taking advantage of these winter days to let these experiences stew and get them ready for serving.

I’m writing all of the time right now. Between that book, my weekly New England Legends podcast, a new season of Ghost Adventures on the Travel Channel, and preparing new programs and lectures, I’m feeling prolific.

Speaking of new programs and lectures, later this month I’ll be bringing my stage show to the WGBH studios in Boston for an evening of New England legends, lore, and history. Telling these stories in front of a live audience is my favorite thing to do. I hope you’ll join me on Thursday, January 25th at 7PM. You can get your tickets here: http://www.wgbh.org/...New England-240

I wish all of you a happy and healthy 2018. And if it’s winter where you live, I wish you moments of quiet reflection where your mind is still enough to process the profound events of your own life.

Supernaturally yours,

Jeff Belanger
Mayor of Ghostvillage.com
Twitter: @THEJeffBelanger
Facebook: Jeff Belanger
YouTube: www.youtube.com/legendtripping

Have you read these books?
Posted Image
There will be a quiz...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users