possible poltergeist?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 shaken_not_stirred

shaken_not_stirred

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 02:45 AM

I have had a couple of certain encounters, & this is the one that has always puzzled me the most.

The summer I was 17yo I used to take naps in my dad's room in the afternoons because he had an a/c unit so it was cooler than mine. A few times, at least twice I can recall now nearly 20yrs later, I was woke up when the bed started shaking. I would hear footsteps running from the closet, then feel someone or something ramming into the bed, & then running back to the closet. I could feel the bed push in where it hit & the bed would shake. It would do this repeatedly while I hid my face & closed my eyes tight till I went back to sleep.

My dad doesn't believe in any of that stuff & says nothing has ever happened to him. Nothing has happened since, but I still don't like to go into his room, & if I do I make sure the light is on & the door is open (though, it was broad daylight when it happened, so...). I also know the family who lived here previously, & I haven't talked to them about it, but they are relatives & I have never heard anything from them about any events here. It never felt really frightening or evil, just more like a trickster than anything. I do think it meant to scare me, but just in a playful way.

Seems like a poltergeist to me. Just wanted to put that out there & see what others think. :blush: Thanks!

#2 strutter

strutter

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:i love hockey and camping and anything out doors. i love to travel and see new place and i love the paranormal.

Posted 02 November 2011 - 11:17 AM

I have had a couple of certain encounters, & this is the one that has always puzzled me the most.

The summer I was 17yo I used to take naps in my dad's room in the afternoons because he had an a/c unit so it was cooler than mine. A few times, at least twice I can recall now nearly 20yrs later, I was woke up when the bed started shaking. I would hear footsteps running from the closet, then feel someone or something ramming into the bed, & then running back to the closet. I could feel the bed push in where it hit & the bed would shake. It would do this repeatedly while I hid my face & closed my eyes tight till I went back to sleep.

My dad doesn't believe in any of that stuff & says nothing has ever happened to him. Nothing has happened since, but I still don't like to go into his room, & if I do I make sure the light is on & the door is open (though, it was broad daylight when it happened, so...). I also know the family who lived here previously, & I haven't talked to them about it, but they are relatives & I have never heard anything from them about any events here. It never felt really frightening or evil, just more like a trickster than anything. I do think it meant to scare me, but just in a playful way.

Seems like a poltergeist to me. Just wanted to put that out there & see what others think. :blush: Thanks!

#3 strutter

strutter

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:i love hockey and camping and anything out doors. i love to travel and see new place and i love the paranormal.

Posted 02 November 2011 - 11:29 AM

i have had some experience with ghost not sure it was a poltergeist but it was a ghost. the ghost was trying to scary me in a not friendly way had a few experiences in the house then we moved out, and the next person that bought the house from us hung himself in the living room the house still creeps me out when i see it.

not sure what happened i am just new to this site and when i went to reply to your post it posted your post as if i wrote it not sure how that happened sorry, that is weird. :blush: java script:add_smilie(%22;)%22,%22smid_4%22)

#4 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 11:40 AM

shaken, you are correct. It was a playful spirit and not a poltergeist. :blush:
petunia4998

#5 shaken_not_stirred

shaken_not_stirred

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:20 PM

i have had some experience with ghost not sure it was a poltergeist but it was a ghost. the ghost was trying to scary me in a not friendly way had a few experiences in the house then we moved out, and the next person that bought the house from us hung himself in the living room the house still creeps me out when i see it.

oh, that sounds scary! i hate that the next person hung their self :blush:

#6 shaken_not_stirred

shaken_not_stirred

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:00 PM

shaken, you are correct. It was a playful spirit and not a poltergeist. :kitty:

Petunia, I don't seem to have permission to view profiles, or send private messages, so I was looking at your previous posts to get an idea of why you seem so certain. I saw you are a psychic, so that explains that. I also saw a reply to someone about meditating to become more sensitive.

The first thing that struck me was that is how I liked to meditate, which I haven't done in years, by focusing on something positive I wanted to bring into myself ("light") on the inhale & focusing on negative attributes I wanted to be rid of ("dark") on the exhale. Then I realized that summer I was actively meditating in the house. I haven't done it regularly since then. I found that very interesting, considering!

Thanks! :blush:

#7 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 20 November 2011 - 01:40 AM

Shaken, you can't view profiles or send PMs until you have reached 30 posts. Posts in the suburbs don't count.

A poltergeist is not sentient. It is a manifestation of excess energy - generally created by people passing through the turbulent teens. In your experience, you heard footsteps to / from the closet. This indicates it was most likely a spirit or other entity, and not a poltergeist.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#8 Ryuu

Ryuu

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Interests:Video games and anime not as heavily as I used to be though just watch anime and play video games once in a while. And the paranormal of course.

Posted 20 November 2011 - 03:14 PM

Agree with everyone else. Not a poltergeist. poltergeist activity is usually stronger and more physical.
"A winner is a loser who will get up and try again." - Dennis DeYoung

#9 DkPhoenix

DkPhoenix

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 06:03 PM

Shaken, you can't view profiles or send PMs until you have reached 30 posts. Posts in the suburbs don't count.

A poltergeist is not sentient. It is a manifestation of excess energy - generally created by people passing through the turbulent teens. In your experience, you heard footsteps to / from the closet. This indicates it was most likely a spirit or other entity, and not a poltergeist.

Hello Aloha! I just ran across this from you previously and am new here and at a loss with this "Posts in the suburbs don't count." What is a suburb?

Sincerely,

DkPhoenix

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users