Free Skins
© Fisana

Photo

Hauntings

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Markway

Markway

Can dowse the moon everytime that it's full!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • Interests:Para normal activity of all kinds, but especially the why of where. Bad things happen everywhere, but why is THIS place haunted, charged, etc.? Intelligent exchange of ideas, sharing of experiences and and putting various talents to work on a single problem. High strangeness of all kinds.

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:12 PM

I have read and excplored the paranormal for many years now. I have also had some pretty disturbing personal experiences. Yet, I am still no closer to an explanation of how, why and when hauntings occur.

Some seem to be "mere" recordings. A colleague of mine was working at a building (Once "Klondike Kate's" in Everett WA). The building, empty for many years had been built by the two biggest land developers to emerge from the Alaskan Gold Rush, a greek hotel owner named Alexander Pantages and a notorious madame, Kate Rockwell, or "Klondike Kate". They had built their fortunes from the miners in Alaska, and formed a partnership. Pantages built a chain of theaters, most bearing his name, while Kate built Cat houses. The place in Everett had been a cat house and saloon for many years but was empty for many years.

My colleague was there after midnight and looked in through a window and was very surprised to see the place filled with people. It took a second to realise that they were not living in the normal sense. A new raised dance floor had been built, and most of these "people" were walking with everything below their knees beneath the new raised floor.

Why isn't this a more common sight? My friend has no claim to any great psychic powers. Why are so many ghostly reports so small?

I was present during the remodeling of the Pac-Med Hospital in Seattle, into the current Amazon.com headquarters. This place is/was the most powerfully haunted (intelligently haunted) locations that I am aware of. During the remodel maybe as many as 100 people saw fully colored and normal (well, mostly normal) apparitions dressed in period costume. Others saw things move (I saw a cell phone levitate), had their voices called (I heard mine in a stairwell during the day) and so forth.

Weirdly enough, this place had been having supernatural activity long before the remodel. I interviewed the maintenance staff, and it was far and away stranger, more extreme than anything else that I am personally familiar with. Management had allowed the security guards to patrol in pairs. That place ran through janitors on a nightly-weekly basis. Each floor had several passenger elevators (locked off at night), one service elevator on key operation, and two stairways with locked doors on each floor. After searching this abandoned hospital they would return to the elevator and move to the next floor down. Some floors (esp the 6th) were more active than others, but they told me that it was not uncommon to see something run past the closing elevator and then find that the elevator was stuck and unresponsive. They would then heard their names called (not uncommon on the floor either, "Come Bob, come!"), and then hear the sounds of a group having what sounded like a party. After an hour or so the elevator would let go and they were on their way. Not sure if I could have managed that job. I saw three person's cell phones go off at once and found that they were all connected to each other. I have to wonder how they managed to run that hospital. Maybe they did have trouble which is why it closed.

From a Feng Shui point of view, the hospital sits on a power point, but that old cat house sure isn't. What causes these powerful manifestations?
Take this kiss upon the brow!
And, in parting from you now,
This much let me avow---
You are not wrong, who deem
That my days have been a dream:
Yet if hope has flown away In a night,
Or in a day, In a vision, or in none,
Is it therefore the less gone?
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream.

#2 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:39 PM

That's a very good question and I really don't know the answer to it. Ghosts are seen often in many different sites, but few places are as actively haunted like the ones you mentioned.

Many people see ghosts, but are quick to explain them away. They do not tell others because they're afraid to be thought of as "crazy".

I myself would love to work in that place and see and hear all those things you mentioned, but then I believe in ghosts and am not afraid.

Very exciting. :kitty:
petunia4998

#3 Markway

Markway

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • Interests:Para normal activity of all kinds, but especially the why of where. Bad things happen everywhere, but why is THIS place haunted, charged, etc.? Intelligent exchange of ideas, sharing of experiences and and putting various talents to work on a single problem. High strangeness of all kinds.

Posted 02 February 2012 - 04:12 AM

The hospital didn't seem especially friendly. I've had a number of experiences. One was totally unfriendly to the point that I felt that some sort of attack was imminent. The hospital was not friendly, but it was more crazy than anything. I had a pretty loud voice calling to me in the stairwell use my name and say "wait, wait". I heard footsteps etc but looking down, no one was there and I decided to vacate. At night it was a lot more frightening although I can't say why. Some places are sad, some odd, as if there was something tweaked with reality there, and some are scary.

As relates to the hospital, emergency and the mental health lock-up had both been on the 6th and 8th floor I believe. There's also a night nurse that does rounds, the source of many janitorial abdications. I never had the honor, but those who did told me that she was solid like us, but her clothing was period and "She looked dead", whatever that means.

I still find it very odd that hauntings vary so much from day to day in intensity.

A final observation; many apparitions move at a far higher speed than is normal for a person, which is probably why people so often catch only glimpses, but others move at a rate normal for the living. Are those moving fast truly dead people, or glimpses of some other reality?
This much let me avow---
All that we see or seem

#4 nq13

nq13

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Interests:WE ARE ANONYMOUS
    WE ARE LEGION
    WE NEVER FORGIVE
    WE NEVER FORGET
    EXPECT US

Posted 07 February 2012 - 09:22 PM

I'm sorry but Are You Kidding Me? Are you really asking How, Why, What, and Why Not?
I don't know many people who have had the experiences that you and your collogues have had (present company excluded of course).
In my opinion, I don't think we will know the answers to these questions at this point in our journey. I know there are those who would say, "well inquiring minds want to know, and what's wrong with wanting to know"? Nothing, but is this really what you're coming away with? Do you really expect someone to have an answer for you?

Just think of all the things we did not know all these centuries with the info right at our fingertips. Gravity, the world being flat, smoking is bad for you, unseen things that spread disease if not properly sanitized while operating, DNA, The Internet. My point is that all of us have had the same exposure to the same things for thousands of years, but it took us this long to get to where were at. Only a minority have seen what you have.

You have me at a disadvantage. The written word unfortunately does not convey the spirit in which this is intended. I realize that this might sound angry, flippant, BAD_WORDey, or just plain pissy. I wish to assure you that that is not my intent. I am in awe and actually quite excited because you have given me new hope. I write this wanting to say enjoy it! Live Love Laugh. I don't know why or how electricity works, but I'm so happy that is does. I don't concern myself with who, what, where, I just want to know what else I can do, feel, learn, and experience with it. Understanding electricity won't make it anymore vital to me.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#5 Markway

Markway

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 12:37 AM

If you don't want to discuss these things why are you here? I have an inquiring mind. When I see fireworks I don't stand on the lawn with my mouth hanging open getting my shirt wet. I get my hands burned.
This much let me avow---
All that we see or seem

#6 nq13

nq13

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Interests:WE ARE ANONYMOUS
    WE ARE LEGION
    WE NEVER FORGIVE
    WE NEVER FORGET
    EXPECT US

Posted 11 February 2012 - 05:29 AM

So sorry for the obivious misunderstanding. I'm sure all the replies that you did get will answer your question.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users